Built up anger

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

Daehyun kneeled next to Youngjae and started helping him clean up the glass. Taehyung went over to Jimin and whispered in his ear.

'What happened?'

Jimin still had his sly smile on his face. 'I heard them coming out of their room and broke the lamp to distract them from catching you'.

Taehyung smiled. 'Smart. But we didn't find anything helpful in the room'.

'Don't worry. We'll think of something'.

Taehyung was really glad to have Jungkook and Jimin in his life. He had never been so close with anyone besides Baekhyun and he wanted to make sure Baekhyun was happy. He was glad his friends were helping him get his parents back together so they could be a happy family.

 

As Youngjae threw away the glass shards, Daehyun went over to the boys. 

'You boys need to be more careful while you play. Okay?'

They nodded.

'I'm sorry Mr. Jung'. Jimin gave him a sad face. 'It won't happen again'.

Daehyun gave a small smile. 'It's okay. Accidents happen. But how about we go outside and play where there's more room?'

The boys agreed and started to run outside. As they made their way outside, Daehyun noticed something around Taehyung and Jungkook's necks. He grabbed their shoulders and spun them around.

Taehyung looked at Daehyun confused. 'What is it, appa?'

Daehyun looked at the couple necklaces around their necks. Daehyun looked over his shoulder to make sure Youngjae couldn't hear them then turned back to the boys.

'Where did you get these?' He pointed to the necklaces.

'We found them'. Taehyung gave his sweet, innocent look.

'Where?' Daehyun asked.

'In the spare room'.

Daehyun tried to control his anger at the thought of the boys going through his things and finding his and Baekhyun's couple necklaces.

'Why were you going through the things in there?'

Taehyung pouted. 'I'm sorry, appa. I was just looking'.

Daehyun sighed. 'Taehyung, you can't be going through people's private things'. He gave them a stern look and held out his hand. 'Give me the necklaces'.

Taehyung and Jungkook looked at each other and took the necklaces off.

'Why do you have two of these necklaces?' Jungkook asked as he gave the necklace to Daehyun.

'It's not important'. Daehyun said.

'Are they special?' Taehyung asked.

Daehyun sighed. 'They used to be'.

'What happened?' Taehyung looked at him curiously.

Daehyun shook his head. 'Just forget it boys. They're just necklaces'. He said as he put them in his pocket.

'Let's go play'. Daehyun smiled as he ushered the boys outside.

Daehyun couldn't believe Taehyung had found his and Baekhyun's couple necklaces. He knew he should of gotten rid of them after he and Baekhyun broke up. But he had a hard time letting go of the past. As much as Baekhyun betrayed him, he was still a part of him. And now they were connected forever because of Taehyung. Baekhyun was never leaving Daehyun's life, no matter how much he tried to move on.

 

Daehyun and the boys played games outside till Jimin and Jungkook's parents picked them up.

Youngjae was watching tv in the living room while Daehyun and Taehyung were outside talking.

'Appa?' Taehyung went over and sat next to him.

'Yes?'

'Why are you and eomma not together anymore?'

Daehyun sighed. 'It's complicated, Tae'.

'Why?'

'Things just didn't work out between us'.

'You don't love eomma?'

'I did love him, very much'.

'He loves you'.

'I know'. Daehyun smiled and put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. 'But, I'm with Youngjae now'.

'Does that mean I have two eommas?' Taehyung looked at Daehyun.

Daehyun nodded. 'Youngjae is a nice guy. He wants to get to know you, but he is not going to replace your mom, okay?'

Taehyung nodded. He still wasn't sure about having two moms. Especially one that was like a stranger to him.

'Just give Youngjae a chance'. Daehyun smiled.

Taehyung nodded again. 'Okay'.

'Lets go inside'. Daehyun said as he grabbed Taehyung's hand. 'Eomma will be here soon to pick you up'.

 

Youngjae turned off the tv when he saw Daehyun and Taehyung come back inside.

'How's the father son bonding going?'

'Great'. Daehyun smiled. He let go of Taehyung's hand. 'I'll be right back'. He said as he headed down the hall to the bathroom.

Youngjae turned to Taehyung and patted the seat next to him on the couch.

'Lets talk, Taehyung'.

Taehyung stood in the middle of the room and hesitated as he looked at Youngjae.

'I'm not going to hurt you'. Youngjae said.

Taehyung slowly made his way over to Youngjae and sat down next to him.

'Listen, Tae'. Youngjae looked at him. 'I know you aren't too crazy about me since I'm not your eomma. But, I want you to know something, I love your father very much and I don't want you or your mother to come between us'.

Taehyung sat there not saying a word as he looked at Youngjae.

'I promise I'm not a bad person, Taehyung. I want us to be friends since you are my fiance's son. But don't hate me because I'm not your eomma. Okay?'

Taehyung nodded. 'I'm sorry. I just want a family'.

Youngjae smiled. 'You have a family. You have your eomma and your appa, and you'll have me too'.

'But...' Taehyung looked at him. 'Eomma and appa aren't together. I don't want eomma to hurt anymore'.

'Tae, your eomma is the reason he and your appa aren't together anymore. He has no one to blame but himself'. 

Taehyung glared at him. 'How do you know?'

'Appa told me'. Youngjae said. 'But his loss is my gain. I get an amazing man and a step son....and an annoying ex'. Youngjae mumbled.

'What?' Taehyung asked.

'Nothing'. Youngjae smiled.

Taehyung eyed Youngjae suspiciously as Daehyun came back in the room. He sat down in between Taehyung and Youngjae on the couch.

'Are you two getting along yet?' He asked.

Youngjae nodded. 'You have a great son'.

Taehyung didn't say anything and kept eyeing Youngjae.

'Appa'. He finally said. 'Let's go back outside'.

He grabbed Daehyun's hand and pulled him back outside.

Taehyung and Youngjae both stared at each other. Taehyung was now certain that his parents had to get back together no matter what. He didn't feel comfortable around Youngjae.

 

Youngjae turned the tv back on when they left. He tried to distract himself from the situation he was now in. He wasn't liking the fact his fiance had a kid and an obsessive ex. But he loved Daehyun and was going to try and make it work.

As Youngjae was watching tv, the doorbell rang. Youngjae got off the couch and opened the door. He came face to face with Baekhyun again.

Baekhyun fake smiled at him. 'Is Taehyung ready to go?'

Youngjae nodded. 'He's outside with Daehyun'.

Baekhyun started to make his way inside but Youngjae stopped him. 'I'll go get him'.

Baekhyun gave him a weird look. 'Is everything okay?'

'Great'. Youngjae fake smiled. 'Considering you coming back into Daehyun's life out of nowhere and conveniently had his kid'.

'So that's what this is all about?' Baekhyun crossed his arms. 'I'm sorry my son spending time with his father is causing you problems'.

'Are you sure Daehyun's the father, or is this just an attempt to get Daehyun back?'

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. 'Really? Do you not see the resemblance between the two?'

'I just don't want you or your son coming between me and Daehyun'.

'I'm not. I'm just letting my son spend time with his father since Daehyun didn't know about him till recently'.

'Are you sure that's it? You don't have something else up your sleeve?'

'Where are you getting that from?'

'The whole entire time your son was here, all he kept telling me was how he wants you and Daehyun to get back together'.

'I didn't put Taehyung up to that, if that's what you're thinking'.

'You sure? Seems pretty convenient of you to put your son in the middle of the mess you created to try and fix it'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'I know I made a mistake. But I sure as hell am not trying to get Taehyung to fix anything. He doesn't even know what happened between me and Daehyun. I don't want him in the middle of this'.

'But he is because you couldn't control yourself'.

Baekhyun got closer to him. 'You don't know about me or what I've gone through since that night. So stop acting like you know everything and that you're better than me because you're not'.

'I have Daehyun though'. Youngjae gave a sly smile. 

'I could get Daehyun back if I wanted to. But I respected the fact that he was with you. I'm not getting in the way'.

'Just make sure it stays that way. I've done a lot to help Daehyun get over the trauma you caused him. It took a lot for me to gain his trust and prove I wasn't a lying like you'.

Baekhyun balled his hands into fists. 'I was immature back then, but I'm not like that anymore'. Baekhyun glared at him. 'But just know, Daehyun loved me first. I have his child'.

'But he's mine now. And I'm going to make sure it stays that way'.

'Daehyun's not property. He can choose whoever he wants'.

'He chose me over your lying '.

'This whole thing has nothing to do with you. You weren't there that night. You didn't know Daehyun back then. You don't know how much he loved me or cared about me. All you care about is claiming him like property'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'If I hadn't lied to him, then we'd probably still be together. I know it's my fault, but I'm not going to fight with you when you don't know everything that happened between me and Daehyun'.

Youngjae crossed his arms. 'I know you hurt Daehyun deeply, and I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen again'.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 'You're crazy'. He said as he pushed passed him.

Youngjae grabbed his arm. 'I didn't give you permission to come inside'.

'I'm just going to get my son'. Baekhyun said as he tried to pull out of Youngjae's grasp. 'Let go of me'.

'No'.

They started fighting. Each of them hitting each other as they kept yelling.

Daehyun ran inside when he heard them yelling and tried to pull them apart. He got in between them and separated them.

'What the hell is going on?' He asked as he looked at them.

'Your fiance is crazy'. Baekhyun said as he glared at Youngjae.

'You're the one coming into our lives and trying to break us up'.

'I am not trying to break you two up. I'm happy for you two'. He looked at them. 'Congratulations Daehyun, you got a psycho for a fiance'.

Daehyun sighed. 'Baek,I think it's best if you leave'.

'Gladly'. Baekhyun went over to Taehyung. 'Let's go sweetie'.

'Eomma, what's going on?'

Baekhyun ignored him and pulled him away from Daehyun and Youngjae and left without saying another word.

 

Daehyun turned to Youngjae. 'Why the hell would you fight with Baekhyun when he just came to pick up Taehyung?'

Youngjae sighed. 'I have been trying to hold back my anger for a long time. And now when he shows up at my doorstep, I couldn't hold it in any longer'. Youngjae looked at him. 'He hurt you, Dae. I don't want him to hurt you again'.

Daehyun gave a small smile. 'It will be okay. I won't fall into his trap again. Don't worry'.

'I can't help it'. Youngjae said. 'I love you'.

'I love you too'. He said as he kissed Youngjae.

 

That night as Daehyun was getting ready for bed, he remembered he had the couple necklaces in his pocket and pulled them out before Youngjae saw them. But when Daehyun looked down at his hand, he only had one necklace. He searched his pocket again and started looking around for the other one, but couldn't find it anywhere. He retraced all his steps from the day, but still found nothing. He started panicking, hoping Youngjae wouldn't find it.

Daehyun was outside looking in the grass for the necklace when he heard Youngjae behind him.

'What are you doing out here?'

Daehyun turned to him. 'Nothing. Just getting fresh air'.

'Come to bed'.

'I'll be right there'.

But Youngjae didn't leave, so Daehyun decided to look for the necklace again in the morning. He followed Youngjae inside and to the bedroom. He tried to sleep, but couldn't stop thinking about the necklace.

 

'Taehyung'. Baekhyun said as he went to his room. 'Time for bed'.

He found Taehyung sitting on his bed with something in his hand.

'What's that?' He asked as he got closer to Taehyung.

Baekhyun looked in Taehyung's hands and saw a familiar looking necklace. He grabbed it out of Taehyung's hands.

'Where did you get this?'

'It fell out of appa's pocket'. Taehyung looked at him. 'What is that necklace?' He asked. He noticed how surprised and scared Daehyun and Baekhyun got when they saw the necklace.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'It doesn't matter. I'll give it back to your father'.

'He has another one just like it'.

'Really?' Baekhyun asked. He couldn't believe Daehyun still had them.

Taehyung nodded. 'Jungkook and I found them, but appa took them back. Then this one fell out of his pocket'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'I'll make sure he gets it back. Now go to sleep'.

'Ok, eomma'. Taehyung smiled and crawled under the covers. 'I love you'.

'I love you too, sweetie'. Baekhyun kissed his forehead and left the room.

 

Baekhyun went back to his room and shut the door. He sat on his bed and looked at the necklace. He never thought he would see the sun and heart necklace again. He smiled as he stared at it. Then he flipped it over and noticed something he'd never seen before. The back was engraved with Daehyun and Baekhyun's initials. And under the initials was Daehyun's name. He wondered if the other necklace had his name under the initials.

Baekhyun sighed cause he knew he'd never find out. But he took the necklace he had and put it around his neck. He still couldn't believe Daehyun kept the necklaces, but now he had another piece of his and Daehyun's relationship. He hated he'd never get Daehyun back, but he loved the reminders of the time they were happy together.