Team work

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

Baekhyun left Daehyun's house after sitting outside for fifteen minutes debating if he should let Taehyung stay around Youngjae or not.

He decided to go talk to Chen to help calm him down and to get his advice.

Chen let Baekhyun inside his apartment when he got there.

'Where's Taehyung?' Chen asked when he saw Baekhyun was by himself.

Baekhyun made his way to the kitchen and grabbed a beer from Chen's fridge.

'He's with his father'. Baekhyun said as he drank the beer.

'You found Daehyun?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'Daehyun is Taehyung's teacher'.

'What?'

'That's why he sent me the note for the parent teacher conference. He wanted to talk to me'.

'After all these years?' Chen was still in shock hearing the news.

'Yeah. We talked for awhile and I was finally able to tell him that Taehyung was his son'.

'How'd he take it?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'About as expected. He was shocked but was also kinda happy about being a father'.

'So, I guess you two aren't getting back together?'

Baekhyun slowly shook his head. 'He's getting married'.

Chen put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'I'm sorry, Baek. I know how much you wanted to get back together with him'.

'It doesn't matter'. Baekhyun said as he finished his beer. 'We're just not meant to be together'.

Chen saw Baekhyun wiping tears from his eyes.

'Hey.' Chen turned Baekhyun's head towards him. 'Don't be so upset about losing Daehyun. At least he's agreed to help you with Taehyung. He could of told you he wanted no part in raising Taehyung'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'It's just not the same. Taehyung shouldn't have to go from house to house to spend time with his parents. He even told me he wants me and Daehyun to be together'.

'Of course Taehyung wants a family. All kids do. But, Taehyung has you to raise him. You're doing what you can'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'I'm also worried about Daehyun's fiance being around Taehyung'.

'Why?'

'I just got a bad feeling when I went to drop Taehyung off. Daehyun told his fiance what I did to Chanyeol and Daehyun, so I'm pretty sure he hates me. And I don't what him to take out his anger on Taehyung'.

'I'm sure Taehyung will be fine. Daehyun's there to watch him. Don't worry'.

'Easier said than done'. Baekhyun sighed.

 

Taehyung stared at Youngjae and Daehyun after Baekhyun left.

'Taehyung, you met Youngjae, right?' Daehyun asked.

Youngjae smiled at Taehyung. 'Briefly'.

Taehyung nodded. 'Your fiance?'

'That's right'. Daehyun said

'Why?' Taehyung asked. 

Daehyun and Youngjae looked at each other.

'Because we love each other'.

'What about eomma?' Taehyung pouted.

'Tae, it's complicated'. Daehyun said as he kneeled next to him. 'But you and Youngjae are going to get along'.

Youngjae nodded. 'I'm not a bad person, Taehyung. I promise'.

Taehyung looked at Youngjae carefully. 'But you're not eomma'.

'No, I'm not. But when your father and I get married, I'll be your step mom'.

Taehyung got closer to Daehyun. 'Appa?'

Daehyun looked at him, still not used to being called that.

'Yes?'

'Can Jimin and Jungkook come over?'

Daehyun looked at Youngjae who shook his head.

'Tae, I don't know if that's a good idea'. Daehyun said.

'Why not?'

'Since I'm their teacher, I don't think their parents would be comfortable with them staying here'.

Taehyung pouted at him. 'Please?'

'I thought you wanted to spend time with me'. Daehyun said.

'I do. But I also want Jimin and Jungkook to know I have an appa just like them'.

Taehyung kept giving Daehyun his sad, pleading eyes. Daehyun saw how much he looked like Baekhyun when he did it.

Daehyun couldn't resist the sight of Taehyung's sad eyes and gave in. 'I'll see what I can do'. 

Taehyung started smiling and jumping up and down. 'Yay!'

Daehyun smiled and grabbed his phone to call Jimin and Jungkook's parents.

 

Youngjae went over to Taehyung while Daehyun was on the phone. 

'Are you hungry?' He asked.

Taehyung nodded. 'Yes'.

Youngjae took Taehyung to the kitchen. 'What would you like?' He asked as he pulled out some snacks from the cabinet.

Taehyung looked at the snacks and grabbed one. Then he looked up at Youngjae as he grabbed another snack.

'Are you that hungry?'

Taehyung didn't say anything as he grabbed the rest of the snacks from the counter and took off with them.

Youngjae stared at Taehyung as he ran off and started following him.

Taehyung set his snacks on the table and started eating them.

Youngjae stood in front of him and watched as he ate.

'You really are like your father'. He smiled.

'Why?' Taehyung asked with his mouth full.

'You both love to eat'.

'Food is delicious!'

Taehyung kept stuffing his face with food when Daehyun walked into the room.

He looked at Youngjae then saw Taehyung surrounded by snacks.

Daehyun smiled. 'What are you doing?'

Taehyung looked up at Daehyun and smiled. 'Eating'.

'I see that'. Daehyun walked over to him and started grabbing the snacks.

Taehyung started reaching out for them. 'I'm eating that!' He glared at him.

'Tae, you can't eat all of this before lunch'. He kept grabbing the snacks off the table. 'Besides, I don't think eomma is going to be too happy with me if he knows you ate all of this in one sitting.

Taehyung pouted as Daehyun took his snacks away.

Youngjae helped Daehyun take the snacks back to the kitchen.

'You gotta admit he's got your appetite'. Youngjae said.

'I know. He did the same thing at school when I gave the kids their snacks'.

 

Taehyung followed Youngjae and Daehyun into the kitchen. He went over to Daehyun and grabbed his hand.

'Let's play appa!' 

Daehyun smiled. 'Don't you want to wait for Jimin and Jungkook?'

Taehyung's face lit up. 'They're coming over?'

Daehyun nodded. 'They'll be here soon'. Daehyun saw the look on Youngjae's face when he mentioned more kids were coming. He knew he wasn't happy about it, but Daehyun wanted to make his son happy.

'Can we play till they get here?' Taehyung asked.

Daehyun smiled. 'What do you want to play?'

'Umm...hide and seek?'

'Alright'. Daehyun said. 

'You count and I'll hide'. Taehyung said.

'Just don't go into the bedroom'. Daehyun said.

'Okay'. Taehyung smiled.

Daehyun turned around and started counting.

Taehyung looked at Youngjae then ran off down the hall.

Youngjae looked at him suspiciously at first, but then went into the kitchen.

 

Taehyung kept running not knowing which way to go since he'd never been there before. He saw the bathroom, the storage closet and a spare room. He ran to the spare room and hid in the corner behind some boxes.

As he waited, he heard Daehyun walking around trying to find him. 

Taehyung stayed curled up in the corner till he heard Daehyun walk back in the other direction.

Taehyung smiled to himself then started looking around the room. Besides the boxes, he saw a desk, a tv, some extra clothes and a bunch of random stuff Youngjae and Daehyun put in there that they didn't have room for.

As Taehyung looked around, he was fascinated by the boxes and started digging through them.

At he opened the first box, he heard Daehyun call his name.

Taehyung quickly closed the box and went back to the corner.

'Okay, Taehyung. I give up. You can come out now'.

Taehyung slowly made his way out from behind the boxes and went over to Daehyun.

'You couldn't find me'. He smiled.

'You hid very well'.

'It's your turn to hide, appa'.

Daehyun smiled and hid as Taehyung counted.

 

They played hide and seek for awhile till Jimin and Jungkook showed up. Taehyung got excited when he saw them.

Youngjae tried to keep a smile on his face, but deep down he wasn't excited about the new kids in the house.

As the boys played, Youngjae pulled Daehyun into their bedroom.

'What's going on?' Daehyun asked.

'Dae, why did you let Taehyung have friends over? It's just supposed to be the two of you'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I know, but I wanted to make Taehyung happy after what he's gone through'.

''Dae, I get you want to be friends with your son, but you can't let him get everything he wants'.

Daehyun looked at Youngjae suspiciously. 'Do you not like the kids being here?'

Youngjae shook his head. 'I just don't want to be running a daycare when you are supposed to be spending time with your son'.

Daehyun grabbed Youngjae's hand. 'It's only one day they're here. It will be okay'.

'I hope you're right'.

 

In the living room, Taehyung turned to Jimin and Jungkook after Youngjae and Daehyun left the room.

'I need your help'. He told them.

Jimin and Jungkook looked at him confused.

'Help with what?' Jimin asked.

'Mr. Jung is my appa'.

'What?' They said at the same time.

'I thought you didn't have an appa'. Jungkook said.

'Eomma told me Mr. Jung is my appa'.

'But the other guy isn't your eomma'. Jungkook looked at him. 'I met your eomma on the first day of school'.

Taehyung nodded. 'That's why I need your help. I need to get my eomma and appa back together'.

'How can we help with that?' Jimin asked.

Taehyung shrugged. 'We'll think of something. We just need to get rid of Youngjae before he and my appa get married, so my eomma and appa can be a family'.

'There must be a way we can help'. Jungkook said. 'I know you want a family'.

Taehyung nodded. 'Let's see if there's something around here we can use to break them up'.

All three boys stood up and started walking down the hallway.

'Jimin, keep an eye on the bedroom door while Jungkook and I look around'.

Jimin nodded and stood by the door to the bedroom, but he made sure he was out of sight.

Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand and pulled him into the spare bedroom.

'There might be something in here'. Taehyung said as he made his way over to the boxes in the corner. 'I started to look in the boxes, but appa stopped me'.

'Let's look through them'.

Jungkook went over and opened the top box and looked inside.

'Junk'. He said as he moved to the next box.

They looked through a couple of boxes before Taehyung found some pictures of Baekhyun.

'What's that?' Jungkook asked as he went over to Taehyung.

'My eomma'.

Taehyung wondered why those were in the box. Then he reached in the box again and pulled out matching necklaces in the shape of a sun with a heart in the middle.

'What's that?'

Taehyung shrugged. 'I don't know. You want one? There's two of them'.

Jungkook nodded and took one of the necklaces and put it around his neck.

Taehyung put the other necklace on and smiled at Jungkook. 'We match'.

'Wonder why those were in here'.

Taehyung shrugged. 'I don't know, but there's nothing in here we can use'.

'We'll think of something, TaeTae'. Jungkook smiled at him.

 

As Taehyung and Jungkook left the spare bedroom, they heard yelling coming from the living room.

They ran to the living room to see what was going on.

Jimin was standing by the couch as Youngjae was kneeling on the floor around a pile of broken glass.

Taehyung looked at Jimin and saw Jimin give him a sly smile. Taehyung smiled back and hoped this would help the process of breaking Youngjae and Daehyun up.

He wasn't going to be satisfied till Daehyun and Baekhyun were back together.