Trying to move on

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

Chen opened the door to his apartment and found Baekhyun standing on the porch with his suitcase.

Baekhyun gave a small smile and walked past Chen.

'Thanks for letting me stay. I know it's an inconvenience'.

Chen shut the door and went over to Baekhyun.

'Yes, but you shouldn't be sleeping on the streets. Even after what you did'.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and sighed. 'I know. I ed up and now I'm paying the price'.

Chen nodded. 'I knew this would happen, but you wouldn't listen'.

Baekhyun opened his eyes and looked at him. 'Do you have any idea what it's like to be in love with two guys at once?'

Chen shook his head. 'No, I've never been in that situation'.

'Well, let me tell you it . Knowing you can only be with one but can't decide which one'.

'Do you really love them, or just using them for pleasure?'

Baekhyun glared at him. 'I really loved them. Chanyeol always took care of my needs, was always there for me. But he could be very clingy. Daehyun knew nothing about me, but wanted to get to know me after we slept together. He really cared about me and wanted me to be happy'.

'Now, you don't have either of them'. Chen crossed my arms.

Baekhyun sat on the couch and put his head in his hands.

Chen went over and sat next to him.

'Do you think they'll ever forgive me?' Baekhyun asked.

Chen shrugged. 'I don't know. You've cheated on Chanyeol so much, I don't think he'll keep forgiving you'. Chen looked at Baekhyun and put his hand on his shoulder. 'I don't know Daehyun, so I can't say what he might do'.

'Well, I can't do anything about it now'. Baekhyun layed down on the couch. 'I just need to think about what I'm going to do next'.

'First, you need a job so you can find your own place'.

'But, I've never had a job. Chanyeol made the money for both of us'.

Chen shook his head. 'That's another reason you didn't want to leave Chanyeol, he bought everything for you'.

'Can you blame me?' Baekhyun glared at him. 'Who doesn't want an easy life?'

'Now your easy life is gone'. Chen stood up. 'Welcome to the real world'.

Baekhyun sighed and put the couch pillow over his face. He hated this whole situation.

 

A few minutes later, Baekhyun got off the couch and went to the bathroom to change clothes and get ready for bed.

When he finished changing clothes, he went to the spare bedroom and layed down on the bed. 

He looked at his phone debating if he should text Chanyeol and Daehyun.

Baekhyun bit his lip as he looked at the pictures on his phone of him and Chanyeol and him and Daehyun.

Baekhyun closed out of his photos and went to his messages. He pulled up Chanyeol's number and sent him a text hoping Chanyeol wouldn't ignore it.

'Chanyeol...I'm so sorry I hurt you again...I really wanted to stay loyal to you after everything you've done for me. I took advantage of you and I'm truly sorry...I know it doesn't mean anything anymore, but I love you and hope that you won't stay mad at me forever...I don't deserve you. You deserve someone who will give you the same love and generosity in return'.

Baekhyun waited a few minutes before hitting send. He didn't know if he was going to piss off Chanyeol anymore or not.

Baekhyun went back and selected Daehyun's number and stared at the blank message screen thinking of what to type.

He didn't know if he was doing the right thing or not.

'Dae...' He typed.

'Please forgive me...I didn't mean to hurt you. I just never expected to find such an amazing guy who loved me and cared about me the way you do without knowing much about me...I hate myself for messing things up between us, and will always regret hurting you and losing such a loving and caring guy...I'm sorry I didn't show you the same love and care you deserve...I wish I could of been a better boyfriend to you because I really do love you...So, even if we can't be together again, I don't want you to hate me'.

Baekhyun kept reading the message he just typed over and over debating if he should send it. 

Then before he knew, he saw the message being sent to Daehyun.

Baekhyun quickly turned his phone off afraid of Daehyun's response...If he responded at all.

Baekhyun put his phone away and tried to sleep, even though he had too much on his mind.

 

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up to noises coming from the kitchen.

Baekhyun got out of bed and went to the kitchen. He smelled food as he walked down the hall and saw Chen by the stove.

Chen turned and saw Baekhyun make his way to the counter. His hair was a mess and his face looked red and blotchy.

'You look like '. Chen said as he put some food on his plate. 'Did you get any sleep last night?'

'Very little. I remember being up for awhile'.

Chen went and sat next to Baekhyun at the counter.

'I heard you talking when I was making my way to the kitchen'.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'I was asleep'.

'Well, you were sleep talking'.

'What was I saying?'

Chen stopped eating and looked at Baekhyun. 'You were calling out for someone'.

'Who?'

'Daehyun'.

Baekhyun looked down at his hands. 

Chen put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'It's going to take time. But I think Daehyun is the guy you wanted all along'.

'But I can't be with him though. Not after what I did to him'.

Baekhyun put his head on the counter and the tears he had been holding started falling.

Chen rubbed his back. 'You'll find someone else'.

Chen pushed an extra plate of food in front of Baekhyun and stood up. 

Baekhyun wasn't hungry, he was still too upset with himself to do anything.

 

After Chen left the apartment, Baekhyun went to get his phone to see if there were any messages from Daehyun or Chanyeol.

He turned his phone on and waited for it to load. His heart beating faster and faster as he waited.

Baekhyun saw he had a new text when the phone finished loading.

Baekhyun clicked on it, secretly hoping it was from Daehyun, but it was from Chanyeol.

'Stop lying about how sorry you are. Even if I forgave you, you'd still cheat again. It's who you are. You don't deserve anyone with how you treat them...Now, lose my number. I don't want to hear from you again!'

Baekhyun sighed and tossed his phone on the bed. He didn't blame Chanyeol for being angry with him. He'd feel the same way if it were him.

Now, he was hoping Daehyun wouldn't be as harsh. But deep down, he knew Daehyun was just as angry with him.

 

Daehyun went to work that morning worried about what would happen when he ran into Chanyeol. He knew things were going to be awkward between them after what happened with Baekhyun.

He went inside the office and saw Chanyeol sitting at his desk. Daehyun went and sat at his desk, which was next to Chanyeol.

'I...' Daehyun started, but his voice came out shaky.

Daehyun tried again and his voice was more stable this time.

'I wasn't able to finish the papers last night'. 

Chanyeol turned to him. 'Those were due to the boss yesterday'.

'I know. That's why I went to your apartment last night'.

'Looked like you had other things you wanted to do last night while you were at my apartment'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I'm sorry. I didn't want to do that. But I'm not the one you should be mad at'.

Chanyeol nodded. 'I know. I'm sorry. It's Baekhyun's fault. I never should of trusted him again'.

'If you don't mind me asking...' Daehyun looked at him. 'Why did you give him so many chances if he cheated on you so much?'

Chanyeol sighed. 'It's complicated. But I always loved him. No one interested me as much as Baekhyun. No matter how many times he hurt me, I kept feeling drawn to him. It's stupid I know'.

'They say you can't help you fall in love with. I'm just sorry I was one of those guys'.

'Don't worry about it'. Chanyeol said. 'Just don't make the same mistake I did and give him another chance, cause he'll just do it again. He can't control himself around anyone'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'Don't worry, I'm done with him. I can find better. So can you'.

Chanyeol nodded. 'Lets get back to those papers before we get in trouble'.

Daehyun agreed as the tried to finish the papers as quick as they could.

 

Daehyun and Chanyeol met up for lunch later at a restaurant so they could have some privacy from their coworkers.

'Did you get a text from Baekhyun last night?' Chanyeol asked as he took a sip from his drink.

'I don't know. I haven't checked my phone today. I turned it off after I left your apartment'.

'Baekhyun is still trying to apologize for last night. But I'm not buying it'.

'Is he trying to get back with you?' Daehyun asked.

Chanyeol shook his head. 'No. He wants me to find someone better. But he doesn't want me to be mad at him anymore'.

'How can you not be mad? I'm still mad'. Daehyun said as he started eating his food.

'I won't forgive him this time. He's had too many chances'.

Daehyun nodded in agreement. But he started wondering if Baekhyun had messaged him. He knew he should forget about him, but Baekhyun was all he could think about.

Daehyun and Chanyeol stood up when they were done and started leaving the restaurant. Chanyeol noticed something around Daehyun's neck.

'Nice necklace'. Chanyeol said.

Daehyun looked down and saw the couple necklace around his neck. He squeezed it and tucked it inside his shirt.

'Thanks'. He smiled. 

Daehyun started following Chanyeol out of the restaurant but stopped. 'I'll catch up with you'. He said as he started walking away.

Chanyeol gave him a questioning look. 

'Bathroom'. Was all Daehyun said.

Chanyeol nodded. 'Alright. See you in a few minutes'.

Daehyun headed into the bathroom and pulled out his phone. He turned it on and saw a new message from Baekhyun.

He knew he should be like Chanyeol and not forgive Baekhyun. But he at least wanted to read the message.

Daehyun pulled the message up and read it. A lot of it being the same things Baekhyun said to him last night.

Daehyun finished reading the message and put his phone away. He didn't bother messaging Baekhyun back. There was nothing more to say to him. They were done. He also didn't want to be like Chanyeol and believe Baekhyun's lies only to be hurt again.

Daehyun left the restaurant and returned to work. He put Baekhyun out of his mind and focused on work and starting over without worrying about Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun had been staring at his phone waiting to hear from Daehyun. But days went by and he hadn't heard from him. Baekhyun took it as a sign to move on and forget about him.

Days, weeks and months went by as he tried to move on. Chen helped him get a job to take his mind off of Daehyun.

But Baekhyun didn't realize how much he actually needed Daehyun before it was too late. Baekhyun's world was turned upside down before he knew it.