I do?

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

*2 weeks later*

 

Daehyun was getting dressed for the wedding in the dressing room of the church. He put his tux on as he heard Youngjae getting everything set up outside.

'This goes over here'. He heard. 'Don't drop that, it's expensive'.

Daehyun smiled to himself. He wasn't as obsessive about the decorations as Youngjae was. But he let Youngjae do what he wanted.

 

Daehyun left the dressing room and saw his and Youngjae's parents, friends and other family members. But no sign of Baekhyun...

Daehyun sighed, he wasn't surprised Baekhyun wasn't there. After the way Baekhyun yelled at him on the phone. 

Daehyun figured it was best Baekhyun wasn't there since Youngjae was snapping at everyone. He didn't need a fight at their wedding.

 

Baekhyun went over to Chen's with Taehyung since Daehyun wasn't at home.

Chen saw that something was bothering Baekhyun.

'Don't tell me you're still upset about Daehyun'. He said.

'I'm not'. Baekhyun said. 'I'm over him'.

Chen raised his eyebrows. 'Are you?'

Baekhyun glared at him. 'Of course I am. I haven't seen our talked to him in awhile'.

'Then why are you upset?'

'I'm fine'.

Chen got closer to Baekhyun. 'Look, Kai told me about Daehyun sending you an invitation to his wedding'.

'So?'

'So...I think you're upset about that'.

Baekhyun turned away from him. 'I'm fine with it'.

'Baek, I know you. You don't like it when you don't get your way'.

'Chen, I told Daehyun I was fine with him getting married'.

'I don't think you are'.

Baekhyun looked down at his lap. 'It doesn't matter. I don't deserve him anyway'.

Chen put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'You need to stop beating yourself up. It's not good for you or Taehyung'.

'I know, but I can't help hating myself for what I did'.

'You can't change what happened. But you need to stop living in the past'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I know. But it's easier said than done'.

'So, I guess you're not going to the wedding'.

'Why should I?' Baekhyun looked at him. 'His fiance hates me, I'll just cause problems if I show up'.

'Baek, you can go and prove to yourself and Daehyun that you support his marriage'.

'What if I don't support it?'

Chen sighed. 'Baek, you can't keep going in circles about this situation. Daehyun has moved on, you have a son to raise. Stop beating yourself up and move on. Living in the past is getting you nowhere. You need to face the facts that you can't have Daehyun'.

'I know. I tell myself this every day, but a part of me can't let him go no matter how hard I try'.

'You need to do something, Baek. I can't keep repeating myself every time I see you'.

Baekhyun stood up. 'Don't worry, you won't have to'.

'What do you mean?'

But Baekhyun didn't say a word. He grabbed Taehyung and left Chen's.

 

Daehyun sat in the dressing room, waiting for the wedding to start. He pulled out his phone to see if there were any messages, but he didn't have anything new.

Daehyun put his phone away when someone knocked on the door.

'Come in'. Daehyun said as he turned to the door.

'Wedding is starting'. His friend said.

'I'll be right there'.

Daehyun did one last check of his outfit and hair before he left the room. He was still having mixed feelings about getting married. He knew it was normal for people to be nervous and second guess themselves about getting married. But he kept telling himself things were going to be fine. He loved Youngjae, he was happy with Youngjae.

 

As the wedding started, Daehyun kept looking at the guests. He tried to pay attention to Youngjae, but he kept looking at the guests out of the corner of his eye.

He suddenly noticed movement in the crowd. He looked over and saw Taehyung running to an empty seat. He smiled as he saw Baekhyun behind him.

Youngjae cleared his throat to get Daehyun's attention.

Daehyun turned back to him and focused on him and the ceremony again.

 

Taehyung turned to Baekhyun. 'Why are we here, eomma?'

'Because, your father wanted us here'. Baekhyun whispered. 'We're here to support him'.

'But, I don't want Youngjae to be my step mom'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I know, sweetie. But your father loves him'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'They're happy together. We have to accept it'.

'I'm sorry I couldn't get you back together with appa'. Taehyung pouted.

Baekhyun grabbed Taehyung's chin and lifted his face so he was facing him. 'Tae, nothing you did could of changed your father's feelings for me. I hurt him, he deserves to be with someone else'.

'I just wanted you to be happy, eomma'.

'I know, sweetie'. Baekhyun smiled. 'I appreciate that. You're an amazing, caring son. I'm so lucky to have you'. Baekhyun kissed his cheek.

 

'If anyone has reasons why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace'.

Baekhyun reached up and covered Taehyung's mouth, afraid he might try to say something to piss off Youngjae.

Everyone looked around, but didn't say anything. 

But then, Daehyun spoke. Everyone turned towards him.

'I...can't do this'. Daehyun said.

The crowd gasped. Youngjae's eyes got wide.

'Dae, what are you doing?'

Daehyun sighed. 'I'm sorry. I can't do this'.

'Why not?'

'Because...' Daehyun looked over at Baekhyun. 'My heart belongs to someone else'.

Everyone turned towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun sat there shocked, not knowing what to do or say.

Youngjae turned to Baekhyun. 'Dae, are you kidding me? You told me not to worry about you two'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'I didn't think anything would happen. But it did. I'm sorry'.

'Have you been cheating on me behind my back?'

'No. Of course not'.

'Then why did you change your mind about Baekhyun?'

'It's hard to explain. But I know he's the one for me'.

'He hurt you, Dae. He'll do it again'. Youngjae grabbed his arm.

'I'm sorry, Youngjae. I love you. But I love Baekhyun more'.

Youngjae sighed and let Daehyun go. 'You're going to regret this. Why didn't you tell me sooner?'

'I wasn't sure what I wanted. I've been going back and forth for months. But now I know for sure'.

Daehyun walked over to Baekhyun who was still sitting in the chair like a deer in headlights.

'Dae, are you sure about this?' Baekhyun asked.

'I've never been more sure about anything'.

Baekhyun stood up and grabbed Daehyun's hand and led him to the dressing room.

'Why did you do this on your wedding day?' Baekhyun asked after he shut the door.

'I wasn't going to say anything until I saw you in the crowd'. 

'So it's my fault you're not getting married to Youngjae?' Baekhyun sighed. 'He's really going to hate me now'.

Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's cheek. 'It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you still want to be with me'.

Baekhyun looked at him and smiled. 'More than anything'.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Daehyun's neck and kissed him.

Daehyun kissed him back, then felt something pull on his pant leg.

Daehyun looked down and saw Taehyung looking up at him. 'What's going on?'

Daehyun and Baekhyun smiled at each other. 'You got your wish, Tae'. Baekhyun said.

'Really?' Taehyung smiled his rectangle smile. 'Eomma and appa are together?'

Baekhyun nodded.

'Yay!' Taehyung screamed.

Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun's hand and kissed him. 

 

A few minutes later, they left the dressing room. The guests were leaving. Youngjae was sitting with his parents.

Daehyun went over to him.

'Youngjae, I really am sorry'.

Youngjae glared at him. 'Save it. Just go back to your '.

'I honestly was not trying to get Daehyun back'. Baekhyun said as he went over to them. 'I'm just as shocked about this as you are'.

'But you got your way. Daehyun picked you while embarrassing me on my wedding day'.

'I'm sorry'. Daehyun repeated. 'I promise, I would of told you sooner, but Baekhyun and I had stopped talking for awhile. Then he showed up here and I knew what I wanted when I saw him'.

'Why are you here?' Youngjae asked. 'I sure as hell didn't invite you'.

'I know'. Baekhyun said. 'Daehyun invited me'.

'How convenient. You two planned this'.

'No!' Daehyun and Baekhyun both shook their heads.

'Doesn't matter'. Youngjae said. 'Just get out of here. And take this with you!'

Daehyun and Baekhyun looked as Youngjae threw a necklace at them.

Daehyun picked it up and saw Baekhyun's name on the back. 'You knew about this?' Daehyun looked at Youngjae.

'I found it a couple days ago'.

'But you didn't say anything'.

'We were too busy with the wedding. I was going to ask you about it when it was over'. Youngjae looked at him. 'Why did you have it?'

'I put it in one of the moving boxes when I moved in with you. Then Taehyung found it when he was at our place'.

'I can't believe you would kept that while you were living with me'. Youngjae glared at him.

'I'm sorry. I knew I should of gotten rid of it'.

'Too late now'. Youngjae said and stormed off.

'This necklace has caused so many problems'. Daehyun sighed.

Baekhyun nodded. 'But I still love it'.

Baekhyun grabbed the necklace and put it around Daehyun's neck.

Daehyun smiled. 'Where's yours?'

Baekhyun's eyes got wide as he remembered he threw it in the trash.

'I...uhh...' Baekhyun stuttered.

Daehyun raised his eyebrow as he waited for Baekhyun's answer.

'Eomma!'

Baekhyun looked over at Taehyung and saw a necklace in his hands.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed the top of Taehyung's head.

'Right here'. Baekhyun held the necklace out towards Daehyun.

Daehyun smirked. 'Nice save'.

Baekhyun put the necklace around his neck and kissed Daehyun.

 

A couple days later, Daehyun went and got all of his stuff from his house and took it to Baekhyun's apartment.

Baekhyun and Taehyung were excited to have Daehyun living with them. Taehyung was looking forward to a full time dad that would play games with him.

Baekhyun was excited about not being a single parent anymore.

Baekhyun helped Daehyun unpack his boxes as Taehyung kept coming into the room to play with Daehyun.

'Let's go play, appa'. Taehyung pouted.

'As soon as I finish unpacking'. Daehyun said.

'Can I help?'

Daehyun smiled. 'Sure'.

Taehyung went over and started picking out stuff from the boxes and handing them to Baekhyun and Daehyun.

 

That night, Daehyun and Baekhyun tucked Taehyung into bed.

'Good night, sweetie'. Baekhyun said.

'Good night, son'. Daehyun said.

Taehyung smiled. 'Good night, eomma. Good night, appa. I love you'.

'Love you too'. They both said as they left the room.

 

Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun's hand and took him to their bedroom. Baekhyun layed on the bed as Daehyun got in next to him.

Daehyun reached over and brushed the hair out of Baekhyun's eyes as they faced each other.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed him. Daehyun kissed him back as he's pulled him close.

'I'm so glad you're here with us'. Baekhyun said when they separated.

'Me too. I hated being away from you and Taehyung knowing how hurt you were'.

'But it was my fault. I was just living with the guilt'.

Daehyun caressed Baekhyun's cheek. 'You don't have to live with it anymore'.

'A part of me will always remember the guilt and regret I feel. But it will be a constant reminder that I won't hurt you again. I promise. You mean too much to me and Taehyung. I don't want to lose your trust again'.

'I can tell you've changed, Baek'.

'Losing you really put things into perspective for me. I think if it hadn't happened, I might not have changed'.

'I'm glad you've changed for the better. Now we can be the family Taehyung wanted'.

'You didn't just do this for him, did you?'

Daehyun smiled and shook his head. 'That's only part of the reason'. Daehyun said as he kissed him. 'I never did stop loving you, Baek'.

Baekhyun pulled Daehyun to him as they kept kissing. Then soon made love and fell asleep in each other's arms. 

Baekhyun knew he'd never have another night without sleep. Taehyung wouldn't have to hear him cry himself to sleep. Baekhyun was finally happy and he knew it was going to stay that way. Daehyun was the guy for him, and he wasn't going to blow it again.

 

The End

 

~Author's Note~

 

​​​​​​Now before the DaeJae shippers start sending hate because of this ending, I just want to remind everyone that read this story, that it is a DAEBAEK story. I am a DaeBaek story writer, so my stories are going to lean in favor of DaeBaek no matter what other ship I use in my stories. That doesn't mean I don't like DaeJae or ChanBaek or any other ship. 

I also know people's concerns with Daehyun picking Baekhyun after Baekhyun hurt him. But the point of the second half of the story was to show that Baekhyun matured and realized how much he hurt Daehyun and Chanyeol and he didn't want to do it again. He wanted to prove he had changed and realized what he did was wrong. So I don't know if I showed that well enough, but I hope you enjoyed the story. I know it's not one of my best, that's why I decided to end it.