Overprotective

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

As Baekhyun got closer to his apartment with Chanyeol, he saw Chanyeol standing outside pacing back and forth. Baekhyun hadn't seen him that worried since high school after someone had told him Baekhyun was cheating on him.

Baekhyun ran over to Chanyeol and hugged him from behind.

Chanyeol nearly lost his balance when he felt someone run into him. He turned to the person and saw Baekhyun, a huge relief ran through him as he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun.

'Where have you been? I've been worried since no one knew where you were'.

'I'm sorry'. Baekhyun said letting Chanyeol go and looking in his eyes. 'I turned my phone off and fell asleep while hanging out with a friend'. He said. (which wasn't a total lie).

'Which friend?' Chanyeol asked. 'I called all of your friends and none of them knew where you were'.

Baekhyun's eyes got wide as he realized his alibi might not work after all.

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun as he waited for an answer.

'Does it really matter?' Baekhyun asked. 'I'm home now'.

'Baek. I know it may not seem like a big deal to you, but you need to see it from my perspective. After everything you put me through in high school. I still sometimes question your loyalty to me'.

Baekhyun looked at him surprised. 'I was just hanging out with a friend. I promise'.

'Your promises haven't always been reliable'.

'But...' Baekhyun stared at him and saw the hurt in his eyes. 'You just told me how your were proud that I had been staying loyal to you, and now you're questioning it?'

Chanyeol sighed. 'I still worry you'll go back to your old ways and cheat on me again'.

Baekhyun got closer to him and wrapped his arms around his waist. 'I want you to trust me'.

Chanyeol put his hand under Baekhyun's chin and raised his head. 'I want to trust you too. I have been trying very hard to trust you won't cheat on me again'. He said as he caressed Baekhyun's cheek. 'I love you Baek. I want to spend the rest of my life with you'.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed him. 'You know I love you'. Baekhyun said when he pulled away. 'I want you to trust me when I'm with my friends'.

'I do. But I don't know this new 'friend''. Chanyeol said using air quotes.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'He's a great guy. I met him while I was hanging out with Chen, Kai and D.O'.

Chanyeol looked at him confused. 'Chen said you ditched them for this guy'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I ran into Chen today and cleared it up'.

Chanyeol sighed. 'Alright. I believe you. Let's go inside'.

Baekhyun smiled and went with Chanyeol inside their apartment.

 

The next morning Chanyeol had Baekhyun pulled closely to his chest as they laid in bed together. Baekhyun tried to get up to go to the bathroom, but he couldn't get out of Chanyeol's arms.

Baekhyun sighed and shook Chanyeol. 'Get up'.

But Chanyeol didn't get up. Instead he ended up pulling Baekhyun even closer to him.

'Chanyeol!' Baekhyun yelled. 'I can't breathe'.

Chanyeol still didn't move. Baekhyun turned his head and bit down on Chanyeol's arm hard.

Chanyeol woke up immediately and started screaming.

Baekhyun took his chance and ran to the bathroom.

'What the hell was that for?' Chanyeol yelled. 'You dreaming about food again and mistaking my arm for the food?'

'No'. Baekhyun said walking out of the bathroom. You were holding me so tight against you that I couldn't breathe or get up to go to the bathroom'.

'You couldn't just wake me up the normal way?'

Baekhyun crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame. 'I tried but you only pulled me closer to you'.

'So you bit me?'

'It worked didn't it?'

Chanyeol shook his head and rubbed his arm. Baekhyun's teeth marks were still very noticeable. 'Guess I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt today'.

'Don't squeeze me to death next time'. Baekhyun said as he stuck out his tongue and went into the kitchen.

Chanyeol followed him. 'Maybe I should call in today'.

Baekhyun stopped pouring his juice and looked up at him. 'Why?'

Chanyeol smiled and wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist. 'So we can spend some time together'.

Baekhyun bit his lip and smiled. 'You won't get behind on your work?'

Chanyeol shook his head. 'Were caught up right now and getting ready for our next project. Plus, they're planning on hiring some more help'.

'Go call them then'. Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun then went into their bedroom to get his phone.

While Chanyeol was on the phone, he heard Baekhyun's phone going off. He went over to Baekhyun's jacket and pulled the phone out of the pocket. He saw the screen said 'Daehyun'. Chanyeol wondered if that was the new 'friend' Baekhyun had been talking about.

 

Baekhyun was still in the kitchen making breakfast when Chanyeol came back into the room.

'Hey, Baek?'

'Hmm?' Baekhyun turned to him.

'Who's Daehyun?'

Baekhyun nearly dropped the plate of food that was in his hand when he heard Daehyun's name.

Chanyeol noticed how scared Baekhyun got when he mentioned Daehyun's name.

'Why?' Baekhyun asked as he set the plate on the counter.

'He just called'.

Chanyeol handed Baekhyun his phone. Baekhyun grabbed his phone with a shaky hand. His heart started beating fast as he saw Chanyeol staring at him. He thought for sure his cover was blown.

Baekhyun looked down at his phone when, Chanyeol went to grab his breakfast. Baekhyun saw Daehyun had called a couple times. He also sent a text.

'I woke up and you were gone. Hope everything is alright'.

Baekhyun smiled and texted back. 'Everything is fine. Sorry for leaving so suddenly'.

Daehyun texted back immediately. 'Want to come over?'

Baekhyun was getting ready to text "Of course". But he remembered Chanyeol was taking the day off.

'Sorry. I can't. Maybe tomorrow'.

'Alright. I miss you already'.

'Don't worry. We'll make up for it. ;)'

'Can't wait. <3'

Baekhyun smiled and felt arms wrap around him. 

Baekhyun quickly turned off his phone and turned to Chanyeol.

'You never did answer me when I asked you who Daehyun was.

'Just a friend'. Baekhyun said as he kissed Chanyeol.

'Is he?' Chanyeol raised his eyebrow. 'You seemed very nervous when I mentioned his name'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I was just surprised he called'.

Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol. 'Don't worry'.

Chanyeol put his hand on Baekhyun's cheek. 'I can't help it. I love you'.

'I love you too'.

Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun passionately. Hoping to feel the conviction from Baekhyun's kiss. He really wanted to believe Baekhyun. Baekhyun was his life. He would do anything for Baekhyun.

'So, would you ever consider marrying me?' Chanyeol asked when they pulled apart.

'Why is marriage such a big deal?' Baekhyun asked.

'Why are you so against it?' 

'I like the way things are between us. Why do we have to get married when we already know we love each other?'

'I just want to make it official'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'It's just a piece of paper'.

Chanyeol looked down at the ground.

'Do you realize how many people get divorced after they get married?' Baekhyun asked.

'But we could be one of the ones that stays together'.

Baekhyun ran his hand in Chanyeol's hair. 'I don't need a piece of paper to tell us that we love each other. I know it and you know it. That's all that matters'.

Baekhyun kissed him hoping it would be the end of their marriage talk for good. He was tired of telling people why he didn't want to get married to Chanyeol.

'So, since I have the day off, what do you want to do?' Chanyeol asked changing the subject.

'We can walk around downtown. I need to buy a few things'.

Chanyeol smiled. 'Alright. Go get ready'.

Baekhyun went to their bedroom and started changing his clothes.

 

While Baekhyun was in the bedroom, Chanyeol saw Baekhyun had left his phone on the table. Chanyeol kept an eye on the bedroom door as he picked up Baekhyun's phone. He turned the screen on and went to unlock it. But he realized Baekhyun had set up a security code to keep his phone locked. It made Chanyeol wonder even more what Baekhyun was hiding.

Chanyeol tried a few times to unlock Baekhyun's phone, but failed each time. He had three more chances to unlock the phone. He tried another code and the phone unlocked. As Chanyeol clicked on Baekhyun's text messages, the bedroom door opened and Baekhyun went over to him.

Chanyeol quickly turned the phone off before he got a chance to see anything.

'Ready?' Baekhyun asked as he smiled at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol nodded and gave Baekhyun his phone.

Baekhyun took his phone and put it in his pocket. He was glad he put the security code on it.

He followed Chanyeol and they made their way downtown.

 

Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol into a few stores, then they stopped for lunch. The whole time, Baekhyun had noticed how close Chanyeol stayed by his side. It kind of worried him. He hadn't seen Chanyeol be that over protective before. 

Baekhyun started to wonder how it would affect his time with Daehyun. He needed to figure out a better arrangement if Chanyeol wasn't going to let him out of his sight.