Further apart

I Love You...No You (Daebaek / Hyun family)

Baekhyun made his way back to Chen's apartment. He was a total mess since he left Daehyun's apartment. All he kept thinking about was how Daehyun was never going to know about his son. Taehyung was going to grow up without a father.

Baekhyun knew he should of never gotten the DNA test done. He was fine raising Taehyung on his own. But part of him was glad to know that Daehyun was Taehyung's real father. Baekhyun still had a piece of Daehyun with him even if he never saw him again.

Baekhyun sat on the couch and put his head in his hands. The tears kept coming as he thought about what to do.

 

Chen came in the room and sat next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun didn't notice that Chen was next to till he felt his hand on his shoulder.

'What's wrong, Baek?' Chen asked as he rubbed his shoulder. 'Did things not go well with Daehyun?'

Baekhyun lifted his head and looked at Chen. 'Daehyun wasn't there'.

'So, what happened?'

Baekhyun wiped his tears and tried to calm down before he spoke. 'One of Daehyun's neighbors told me Daehyun moved out of the apartment a few days ago...He's gone'.

Chen squeezed Baekhyun's shoulder. 'I'm sorry. He must of wanted to get away from this situation'.

'Now my son doesn't have his father. I'm right back to where I started before I had the DNA test done'.

'I'm sorry'.

'Now, I have to tell Chanyeol he's not Taehyung's father after all'.

'That's not going to be easy'. Chen said. 'He seemed really happy to be a father'.

'At least I won't have to worry about splitting custody of Taehyung with him'.

 

Baekhyun left Chen and decided to go back to Chanyeol's apartment. He knocked on the door when he got there.

Chanyeol opened the door and let him in.

'Why are you back so soon? I told you I'd bring Taehyung back tomorrow night'.

Baekhyun didn't say anything and sat down on the couch. Chanyeol sat down next to him and was holding Taehyung.

Taehyung recognized Baekhyun and reached out for him.

Baekhyun took him from Chanyeol and kissed his cheek.

'Is something wrong, Baek?' Chanyeol asked when he saw how quiet he was being. He noticed Baekhyun's eyes were red.

'I...uhh stopped by Daehyun's apartment after I dropped Taehyung off with you'.

'And?'

'He's gone'.

'Gone?'

'He moved away'.

Chanyeol sat there in shock. 'I knew he quit his job, but I didn't think he moved away'.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol for the first time since he got there. 'He didn't say anything to you about leaving?'

Chanyeol shook his head. 'I swear I had no idea'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Chanyeol, I have to find him. You have to help me find him'.

'Why me?'

'He'll talk to you. He keeps ignoring my calls'.

'Baek...' Chanyeol put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'I told you, he's moved on. Besides we weren't talking much before he quit'.

'Chanyeol...can you please try to call him?'

'What's so important that you need to get a hold of him?'

'It's about Taehyung'.

'What about him?' Chanyeol looked at him confused.

'Daehyun is Taehyung's father'. Baekhyun said as he looked at down at the ground. 'I'm sorry'.

Chanyeol suddenly glared at him. 'You're just saying that because you don't want me to be his father'.

'No!' Baekhyun said quickly. 'I promise. I got a letter from the doctor's office when I got home saying the DNA results were mixed up'.

Baekhyun pulled out the doctor's letter from his pocket and handed it to Chanyeol. 'See?'

Chanyeol read the letter carefully. 'Are you sure?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'You can call the doctor if you want. I already talked to him about it when I saw the letter'.

Chanyeol folded the letter and gave it back to Baekhyun.

'I'm sorry Chanyeol. I know you really wanted to be the father'.

Chanyeol sighed. 'It doesn't matter. It just means I don't have to worry about fighting with you anymore'.

Baekhyun nodded.

'Chanyeol...'  Baekhyun said suddenly.

'What?'

'Can you please try and call Daehyun for me?' Baekhyun looked at him with pleading eyes. 'He has to know about his son'.

'So you'll let him be around Taehyung, but not me?'

'Hey, I brought Taehyung over here today for you to spend time with him'.

'But I had to fight you to do it'.

'Chanyeol, please?' Baekhyun grabbed his hand. 'I really need to talk to Daehyun'.

'Alright'. Chanyeol pulled out his phone and pulled up Daehyun's number. Chanyeol put it on speaker so Baekhyun could hear.

Baekhyun's heart beat faster as he heard the phone ring. He hoped Daehyun would answer his phone for Chanyeol.

But a couple rings in, it went to voicemail.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Why is he being so stubborn?'

'He's trying to move on, and we keep reminding him of his past'.

'Try again'.

'What?'

'Try calling him again'.

'Baek, if we keep calling, he'll either change his number or block our numbers'.

'Try calling again'. Baekhyun insisted.

Chanyeol knew he wasn't going to win, so he called Daehyun's number again.

Baekhyun stared at the phone as he heard it ring.

'Come on, Dae'. Baekhyun whispered. 'Pick up the phone'.

A few rings in, Baekhyun heard a familiar voice.

'Hello?'

'Daehyun, it's Chanyeol'.

Baekhyun held Taehyung tight as he listened to the conversation.

'Sorry to bother you but I need to talk to you about something important'.

'What is it? I'm kinda busy'.

'Umm...it's about Baekhyun'.

Baekhyun heard Daehyun sigh. 

'Look, Chanyeol. I really don't want to talk about Baekhyun anymore'.

'I understand, but it has to do with his son'.

'What about him?'

'Baekhyun should really be the one to tell you, but he said you're not answering his calls'.

'I know. I thought he just wanted to keep apologizing about what happened'.

'No, he needs to tell you something important'.

 

Chanyeol handed the phone to Baekhyun. Baekhyun grabbed it with a shaky hand.

'Dae?'

'Umm hmm?'

'Listen, I really don't want to do this over the phone. I wish we could meet in person'.

'I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen'.

Baekhyun bit his lip and sighed. 'Dae, please don't be like this. I get you want to move on, but you need to know this'.

'What?'

Baekhyun paused for a minute before saying. 'Taehyung is your son'.

'What?' Daehyun asked. 'I can barely hear you'.

'Taehyung is your son. You're a father'.

Baekhyun waited for Daehyun's response, but it never came.

'Daehyun?'

Baekhyun looked at the phone and saw they lost connection.

Baekhyun tried to call Daehyun back, but it wouldn't connect.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I don't know if he heard me'.

'You'll find out if he calls back'.

They waited a few minutes to see if Daehyun would call back.

 

As they waited, Taehyung reached out and tried to grab the phone from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun pulled it away from him before he could touch any of the buttons.

'That's not a toy, sweetie'. Baekhyun said as he kissed the top of Taehyung's head.

'Mmmhhh'. Taehyung kept trying to reach for the phone.

'I don't think Daehyun's going to call back'.

Baekhyun handed Chanyeol his phone and put Taehyung in his carrier. Then he grabbed his diaper bag.

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand. 'Baek...'

Baekhyun turned to him. 'Listen, if you need help with Taehyung whether financially or you need someone to watch him, I'll do it'.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'But...he's not yours, so why do you want to help him?'

'Because, I know you probably need help financially since babies aren't cheap. And if Daehyun's not going to help you, then I will. If you want it'.

Baekhyun smiled at him. 'Thank you. I appreciate it'.

Chanyeol nodded. 'I guess I'll see you later'.

'Let me know if Daehyun calls you back'.

'I will'.

Baekhyun smiled at him again and left the apartment.

 

Baekhyun went back home and tried to call Daehyun again after he put Taehyung to sleep.

The phone rang a couple times before he heard Daehyun's voicemail.

Baekhyun sighed and threw his phone on the bed. He hated Daehyun was being so stubborn about talking to him.

But after awhile, he decided to not worry with Daehyun anymore if he was going to be this way. He needed to focus on raising Taehyung. He couldn't focus on Taehyung if he was still living in the past.

 

Daehyun kept wondering what Chanyeol and Baekhyun's phone call was all about. They had gotten disconnected while Baekhyun was talking and he hadn't heard what Baekhyun said.

He had tried to call him back, but he couldn't get through. So, he decided to try and call him again later.

Daehyun set his phone on the nightstand and got ready for bed. 

He kept thinking about Baekhyun, which he hated. He had moved away to try and forget about him and Chanyeol. He wanted to start over. He didn't want to be a part of their drama anymore.

 

Before Daehyun got into bed, he felt arms wrap around his waist.

'Going to bed so soon?'

Daehyun nodded. 'Yeah, I got a headache'.

'Poor thing'.

Daehyun felt kisses on his shoulder and neck.

'Could we do this later?' Daehyun asked as he turned to the person behind him.

'If you want, go rest. I'll join you in a few minutes'.

'Alright'. Daehyun said as he kissed his boyfriend.

 

Daehyun got into bed and tried to sleep, but his mind kept thinking about Baekhyun. He was laying there awake, when he felt the other side of the bed move.

He felt his boyfriend, Youngjae, wrap his arms around his waist. Daehyun turned to face him.

'You're still awake?' Youngjae asked as he pushed the hair out of Daehyun's face.

'I can't sleep'.

'Still have a headache?' He asked as he felt Daehyun's forehead.

'I also have a lot on my mind'.

'You wanna talk about it?'

'Maybe later'. Daehyun said as he kissed Youngjae.

Youngjae didn't know everything that happened between Daehyun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. All he knew was that Baekhyun used to be his boyfriend. He didn't want to drag Youngjae into the middle of their situation until he knew what Baekhyun wanted to talk to him about.