Twenty-nine

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-nine

 

 

Detective Han called the doctor in charge of Jessica and the doctor explained to them the condition of Jessica and after that the doctor allowed them to see Jessica inside the ICU one at a time.

Tiffany slowly walked towards the bed where her sister lies and can’t help the tears that’s flowing out of her eyes. She reached out her shaking hands to Jessica’s cold ones and lets out another sob. Tiffany kneeled beside the bed while squeezing Jessica’s hand.

“Jessica… u-unnie… pl-please wake up soon… I need you to get over this… not just me but Yuri too… a-and we— we still have a lot of catching up to do… there’s so much I want to know about you… so please wake up and come back to us…”

Tiffany laid a gentle kiss on Jessica’s cold hand before standing up on her feet. She caressed her sister’s face one last time before carefully going out of the ICU. As she stepped outside she heard what the detective had said to Yuri and Taeyeon in time.

“We are still investigating this shoot out incident further. We can’t rule it as an attempted suicide now because of the additional information you and Ms. Kim had given to us. We will work with the Seoul department that is handling the corporate case of Ms. Jung to get into the bottom of this so we can give the answer to your question faster.”

“Thank you Detective Han! We really appreciate all your help!”

“We’re just doing our job Ms. Kwon,”

Yuri offered a handshake to the man then Taeyeon did the same and the two detective had bid their goodbyes to them for the time being.

“Do you want to transfer Jessica to a hospital in Seoul?”

“No, they are both in delicate condition, the doctor adviced that they stay here.”

“Just tell me if you need anything, okay Yul?”

Yuri just nods at Taeyeon as they both followed her with their eyes when she stood up and walked to the glass wall that separates them with her still unconscious sister.

“Taeyeon… help me… help me find whoever did this to Jessica… I won’t ever forgive them for doing this…”

Taeyeon walked behind her cousin and placed her arm on her shoulder and Yuri began to silently cry in Taeyeon’s hold.

“You need to be strong, Yul… we’re all here for you and Jessica.”

Tiffany stood closer but didn’t joined the two cousins, she just stood there and watched and cried along with Yuri.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon approached Tiffany and carefully hold her hands.

“Fany-ah, let’s get you home so you can rest a bit.”

Tiffany only shakes her head and Taeyeon just feel more worried when she saw how tired Tiffany’s eyes looks like at this time. She tightened her hold on her hands making her intentions clear.

“Please… Fany-ah… you have to rest too… Yuri will call us if anything happens… let’s go home for now… please do this for me…”

Taeyeon breaks into a small smile when Tiffany finally agreed with her. She gently pulled her up and began leading her out of the hospital.

Upon arriving at Tiffany’s house, Taeyeon immediately called Tiffany’s friend and neighbor Shinyoung-unnie for help. She still has some work to do, she needs to make sure that the everyone is working together to solve this case, only then she can breathe a little bit easier.

Taeyeon laid out the futons on the floor, then the bed sheets and comforters before pulling Tiffany down to lay down. Taeyeon sat down beside Tiffany and then she pulled up the comforter up under her chin, Taeyeon gently tuck the loose hair of Tiffany behind her ear, her thumb began to mindlessly trace the shell of Tiffany’s ear before trailing down to the side of her jaw up to her cheek.

And when Taeyeon realized what she was doing she was met with dark brown eyes that was quietly following all her actions. And the look from those eyes were enough to pull Taeyeon in. Taeyeon slowly leaned her face forward while closing her eyes and the moment her lips landed on Tiffany’s lips, she felt that warm sensation rush towards her, enveloping her whole being with that warmth.

It was just a brief, soft kiss but it was enough to warm her heart, body and soul and Taeyeon got her strength back just because of that kiss.

“Sleep, Fany-ah… I’ll be here when you wake up… I promise…”

When Tiffany was finally asleep, Taeyeon stood up and found that Shinyoung-unnie was already at the kitchen making herself a cup of ramyeon.

“I didn’t bother you and Fany back there since you two seems to be talking… quite close…”

Taeyeon felt her face heats up, knowing that the older w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter