Twenty-six

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-six

 

 

After breakfast, Tiffany and Shinyoung went back together. She was about to enter the gate when she a honk behind her and saw Taeyeon’s car approaching her. The car stopped at the front of her house and came out Taeyeon who immediately greeted her with a smile.

“Good morning, Fany-ah! Where did you go?”

“I could ask you the same you know? I went out to have breakfast with an old friend and neighbor of mine, she had just left.”

“Ah! Well, I went out to buy some groceries for us since we might be staying here for a few days.”

Taeyeon told her while she went behind her car and opened the trunk exposing the numerous plastic bag full of groceries.

“You should have wake me up so I could have helped you with this.”

“Nah that’s okay! I couldn’t find the heart to wake up, you look like a sleeping baby earlier! So cute and you looked really peaceful so how can I wake up?”

Tiffany blushed at the simple compliment. She helped Taeyeon to bring the groceries inside and they both arranged it together.

“You said we might be staying here for a few more days, should we clean up the rooms so we could use it?”

“Nah let’s not bother with cleaning, let’s just sleep the way we slept last night and beside we’re not going to stay inside the house all day, we’ll only be back around night time. But I’ll agree to cleaning the whole living room and kitchen if you like, we have all morning to do it.”

Tiffany blushed for the umpteenth time this morning.

“Okay let’s clean up for a bit,”

Taeyeon smiled at her once more and they both began their work silently while sharing small talks every now and then. Tiffany was honestly having a great time even though they’re doing physical labor in cleaning, it was because Taeyeon was actually being nice and considerate towards her.

“Fany-ah what do want for lunch? Do you want to eat out or if you like, I could cook something for you?”

They were now sitting on the sofa resting after cleaning up, Tiffany looked at Taeyeon when the older woman asked her that question.

“What? You looked either amused at me or you’re doubting me! I can cook you know! In fact, I’m pretty good at it!”

“You… can cook? Really?!”

“Yes! My mother taught me and Yuri and Yoona! She taught all of us how to cook since we all left to live in the dorm most of our school lives!”

“Is your parents still alive?”

Tiffany softly asked Taeyeon, this is the first time the older woman opened up about her family to her.

“Yes, very much alive and kicking, in fact my father had just kicked a few days ago when I met him and my uncle over a meeting.”

“Ah I see, that’s good…”

“What’s good my father kicking me?”

“No. I mean, it’s good you still have your parents with you,”

Tiffany tried to hide the sadness in her voice as she remembered both her parents.

“I’m sure they’ll like once they meet you! In fact, my father already threatened to kick me again if I don’t introduce you to him and mother any time soon.”

Tiffany blushed again, she can’t believe what Taeyeon had just told her, the fact that Taeyeon had talked about her with her parents and that her parents actually want to meet her is really hard for Tiffany to believe in.

“Where do they live?”

“They’re living in Jeonju,”

“Ah, I see…”

“I think I start leaving home during high school, when Yuri and I left to study in Seoul and then I left for the states for college. Then I officially left home to live alone when I started earning my own money and…”

Taeyeon paused and looked at Tiffany with a serious expression which made her wondere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter