Five

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five

 

 

 

Worry was immediately sketched all over Yuri’s face when she saw her father’s car in front of the driveway. She parked her own car behind her father’s before hurriedly dashing inside the house.

 

“Abohji?”

 

Yuri run towards her father when she saw the latter leaning back his whole body in his chair with his eyes closed.

 

“Yuri, where have you been? You made us worried!”

 

Her father opened his eyes and tiredly looked at her.

 

“I’m sorry Abohji. I just felt suffocated being here. So I went out for a short drive. If I’ll just stay here waiting for news about Sica, I might go crazy! I have to do something to find my wife!”

 

The atmosphere went quiet and nobody dared to speak. Yuri carefully watched her father’s expression and was silently relieve that he still somehow looked calm, probably due to one of his medication that he might have taken before she arrived.

 

Yuri lets out a sigh before she went to reach out for her father’s hands and gave it a tight yet gentle squeeze.

 

“Appa… I’m sorry… but I truly believe that my wife has nothing to do with all of this. I’m so worried about her, she’s still not contacting me. What if the people that were truly behind this have her and keeping her hostage? Appa, I can’t take it if something happens to my wife… please, help me find her!”

 

Yuri looked at her father with teary eyes and she somehow felt relieve when her father gently her head.

 

“Calm down, my dear. We will find Jessica no matter what.”

 

“Appa, I’m trying my hardest to stay strong but I’m really getting worried! It’s been close to two weeks and still no news from Sica! What if those evil people hurt her or worst had already killed her?! Appa, I swear I wouldn’t survive… not without Sica…”

 

Tears freely rolled down to Yuri’s cheeks as she helplessly cried in front of her father.

 

“Stop crying my child. I already promised you, didn’t I? We will find your wife no matter what happen.”

 

“Thank you, Appa,”

 

Yuri stood up and gave her father a hug. She stealthily looked over his shoulder to exchange knowing looks with Taeyeon who stayed silent beside them all this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We both know that Jessica wasn’t abducted, Yuri.”

 

Taeyeon calmly began when it was only her, Yuri and Juhyun left in the living room of Yuri’s house.

 

“You don’t have to remind me for the umpteenth time already, Taeyeon,”

 

“You’re wife voluntarily left, along with the bank’s sixteen billion won.”

 

“Again, I already know that! God damn it, Taeyeon! You’re suppose to help me find my wife! Not to start accusing her for something that is still un-clear to any of us!”

 

“The auditing team just finished checking and re-checking everything today. They’ve already send me their analysis and it shows that the bank statements for the past six months were perfectly fixed to cover up all the missing money from every account. That’s why your father and mine are already spitting fire all over me.”

 

“Again! We’re still not a hundred percent sure! That Sica was the one who did it! And I’m sorry to drag you into this, you know you’re the only one I can trust, Tae.”

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath and took a drink from her now stale coffee and immediately grimaced at the taste. Yuri let out a soft chuckle and reached out to grab Taeyeon’s mug and wordlessly stood up to go to the kitchen to make Taeyeon another freshly brewed coffee. When she came back, she saw Taeyeon seriously reading another folder and Yuri could only sigh to herself before handing down the hot mug in front of Taeyeon and Seohyun.

 

After a good moment of silence, Taeyeon breaks it.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter