Nine

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nine

 

 

 

A part of what Tiffany Hwang is saying was true and Taeyeon knew to herself that her suspicion earlier for this woman is now invalid. According to their own investigation, also with Yuri’s father earlier investigation before the two get married, some of what Tiffany said matched the data they have on Jessica.

 

It was true that Jessica grew up under her aunt’s care and grew up in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Jessica Jung was a complete success story, from an orphaned kid who grew up under her abusing aunt, the woman tried her best to finish her studies until she gets to where she was now.

 

But those were the most known fact about Jessica Jung, what Taeyeon need to hear from this Tiffany Hwang were things that they doesn’t know yet maybe that could also give them some lead to where the other woman is hiding.

 

“And now… I have finally found you at long last…”

 

Taeyeon heard a slight tremble in Tiffany’s voice and before she could see those tears again the latter had already dropped her head to hide her own tears that made Taeyeon frowned a little from reason she could not put a name herself.

 

“You see… I’ve also lost my adoptive parents… they died in an accident… you’re the only relative I have left in this world.”

 

“I’m sorry,”

 

Taeyeon unconsciously uttered.

 

“It’s alright. It has been so long now. However, I just still couldn’t help it whenever I remember my Mom and Dad. They were good people, they raised me well, took care of me and loved me with all they have. They loved me as if I was their real daughter. There never once a moment I ever felt that I’m not their daughter.

 

“Does your detective didn’t gave you a picture of your sister?”

 

Taeyeon asked.

 

“No, I asked him not to take pictures of you. I want to see you in person with my own two eyes for the first time. I want to recognize you by our resemblance.”

 

Tiffany looked at her face once more as if the younger woman was memorizing Taeyeon’s every facial details.

 

“Sir Hector said that we both resemble our mother so much except you got your eyes from our father and you grew up with our blood related aunt, that is why I’m hoping that our aunt had saved up a picture of our parents and somehow showed it you and maybe she had told you about having a younger sibling.”

 

Taeyeon couldn’t utter a reply. Guilt starts to creep up into her as she witnesses the yearning expression on Tiffany’s face. But she must go on because it’s part of her job to knows every little detail that would lead them to Jessica Jung’s where about.

 

Even though Tiffany Hwang looks earnest with her every words, Taeyeon still have to be 100% percent sure that the woman is really telling the truth. She will ask their investigators to run a background check on Tiffany Hwang as soon as possible.

 

Their attention was caught when they heard a loud screeching of tires, Tiffany worriedly look at her. Taeyeon smiled a little at Tiffany in hope that it would calm the latter before she stood up on her seat.

 

“Wait here, I’ll go check outside what is that.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon only managed to get behind the backyard’s door when she saw Yuri’s figure walking towards her.

 

“What are you doing here, Yuri? I thought we agreed that you won’t come here till I tell you so?”

 

Taeyeon lowered her voice as she irritatedly asked her cousin. Yes. She and Yuri were cousin as her mother is the older sister of Yuri’s father. Yuri’s father and her parents asked for her help about this matter and Taeyeon could only obey them and also because Yuri had already talked to her and asked before her uncle had even approached her.

 

“I want to meet her, Taeyeon.”

 

“Yul…”

 

“Where is she?”

 

She saw Yuri’s gaze shifts past through her and the immediate shocked gasp that her cousin let out didn’t go unnoticed by Taeyeon.

 

“Do you know her?”

 

Taeyeon asked but her question just fell on deaf ears as Yuri starts to walk past her and straight out to the direction where Tiffany Hwang is sitting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany thought that the honey-colored skin woman was model when she saw the latter strutted her way gracefully towards her. The woman was tall and slender, she looks matured and have an exotic looking face, her jet black straight hair danced in the air as she walked and the way she carries that simple white v-neck shirt and skinny blue jeans and white sneakers has that aura of a professional runway model.

 

When the model-like woman finally stopped in front of her and took off her dark shades, Tiffany changed her mind about the woman’s age, she looks a bit young up-close, maybe around her age too. But one thing never escaped Tiffany’s observation on the woman’s face, it’s her tired looking eyes that was adorned with a pair of dark circles that marred her beautiful face.

 

“Are you, Tiffany Hwang?”

 

The woman asked her without taking her eyes on her. Tiffany stood up and smiled at the tall woman and goes with her instinct.

 

“Yes, and you’re probably Yuri Kwon.”

 

When the woman smiled back at her Tiffany knew already that her guess was right.

 

“She claims that she’s Jessica’s younger sister,”

 

Tiffany heard the soft voice of her sister that was standing beside Yuri who’s eyes suddenly went wide in shock and looked at her in amazement before re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter