Twenty-seven

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-seven

 

 

Tiffany didn’t go with Taeyeon when the older woman went to accompany her head investigator to talk with the chief of police in this province to ask for their help. It was because Tiffany thought that there might be a chance that Jessica might try to contact her again or she might return in her house to check personally if she’s here. She tried calling Jessica’s number just in case her sister had opened her cellphone but it turns out still the same.

Tiffany sat down in the balcony and called Yuri instead, only takes a ring and her call was already answered by her sister in law.

“Hello, Fany. Where have you been?”

Tiffany tried to control herself to not spill the truth to Yuri just like what Taeyeon requested her.

“Hi, Yuri… I’m sorry I left without saying goodbye. There’s a sudden emergency back home that I need to look at personally. And besides, Taeyeon offered to accompany me here so it was all okay.”

Tiffany silently apologize to Yuri, she tried to console herself that at least she didn’t have to lie that much. She just omitted the fact that it was because of Jessica that she have to come back to her hometown.

“Oh really?! That’s good to know since I won’t be able to accompany you right now. I have a lot of important things to do at the company specially at our bank affiliates. I need to sort out all the legal matters regarding Jessica’s case. And it’s only a matter of time till we formally file a law suit against those bastards.”

“Oh Yuri!”

“Please tell that to my dearly beloved cousin, Fany. I have a hunch to why the two of you suddenly left. I will leave it to the two of you. So please leave the things in here to me. The more of us work together the faster we can clear Jessica’s name and the faster she will come home to us.”

“Thank you, Yuri. My sister is so lucky to have you.”

“And I am lucky to have her too…”

“I really got nothing else to say to you Yuri other than thank you.”

Tiffany heard a soft chuckle from the other line.

“That’s what family are for, Fany and you are now part of my family.”

Tiffany ended her conversation with Yuri a few minutes later. She was about to go back inside the house when her cellphone rings again. She looked at the screen and saw an unregistered number calling to her.

“Hello, who’s this?”

“Tiffany Hwang,”

Tiffany felt her heart pound heavily yet stronger the moment she heard a lovely feminine voice on the other line. She tried to compose herself and go on talking to this strange caller.

“Speaking. Can I know who’s calling?”

“I’m sorry…”

A jolt of pain pierce to her heart and she already know why she’s feeling like this and more importantly she already who is this person she’s talking to right now.

“Jessica?!”

Tiffany finally sobbed and in between her hiccups and tears she tried to say the words that’s been flooding her mind all this time.

“Where are you? Please tell me you’re safe! Please let me see you! I want to see you! Please Jessica!”

“… … …”

A long silence ensues the two of them and Tiffany cried harder when she heard a muffled sob on the other line which means only one thing, her sister is crying too. Tiffany felt so helpless at the moment, she wanted to console her sister, to hug her and kiss her and comfort her and she also want her to do the same to her but here they are talking and crying in front of their cellphones.

“Please… unnie…”

“I— I’m so sorry Miyoung-ah… I made a promise to our parents grave that I will look for you… that I will protect you and care for you… that w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter