Ten

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten

 

 

 

It was Tiffany’s first day at Yuri and Jessica’s house. Her sister in-law asked her stay with them for the time being as they all wait for any news about her sister. She jumped out of her temporary bed and walked towards the small terrace of her room and smiled when she saw the ocean view in front of her.

 

‘It would be even better if only my sister is here… I thought I can finally be with her… but at least I’m only a step away from finally meeting her…’

 

Tiffany closed her eyes and silently mutters a prayer to God and her two parents to keep her older sister away from any harm and keep the woman safe until they get reunited to one another.

 

A gentle knock brought Tiffany to her surroundings.

 

“Come in,”

 

A head of a smiling woman peaked in and Tiffany smiled back.

 

“Good morning unnie, did you have a nice sleep?”

 

“Good morning to you too, Juhyun! And yes, I had a nice sleep thanks to the wonderful weather here in Jeju!”

 

“That’s good to hear, by the way Yuri unnie and Taeyeon unnie prepared breakfast. I’m assigned to pick up our lovely guest!”

 

Tiffany smiled at Juhyun.

 

“Thanks, Juhyun you didn’t have to and I haven’t washed up yet.”

 

“I’ll wait for you,”

 

“But,”

 

“It’s okay, I’ll just read some emails for Taeyeon-unnie eat the terrace while I wait for you, the two unnies won’t let me have my breakfast if I don’t bring you downstairs myself.”

 

“Wow! They’re too harsh on their dongsaeng!”

 

“Haha, not really unnie… they are the best actually…”

 

“Okay okay… I’ll go wash up now… give me five minutes!”

 

Tiffany hurried took her towel and change of clothes and run towards the bathroom.

 

“Take your time unnie,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are you from again, Ms. Hwang?”

 

Tiffany heard that now familiar voice, she looks up and was immediately greeted by Taeyeon’s bright brown eyes. She instantly wondered how her eye color could change from cold and mysterious dark brown eyes to this warm and mesmerizing brown eyes, although the mysteriousness and seriousness is still there, Tiffany just find Kim Taeyeon’s eyes so beautiful.

 

Tiffany heaves a sigh before taking her wallet on her pocket. She took her professional license ID as a teacher, her school-staff/principal ID and her business card and pushed it towards Taeyeon, whose expression changed back again to that cold persona of hers.

 

“You can check it to our school’s Vice Principal and Guidance Councilor. Aside from being the principal at Bright Young Learners Academy, I teach mainly English and little bit of Math at our school. You can also check if our school is licensed or not. Because I’m pretty sure it was since I was with my lawyer and my co-founders when we filed all the documents of our school eight years ago.”

 

Tiffany add up the last one in a mocking tone, since she’s really starting be irritated with Kim Taeyeon’s unpredictable changed of aura.

 

“You own a school?”

 

“Name?”

 

Yuri and Taeyeon both asked her at the same time, she saw Taeyeon’s eyes twitch at Yuri voice so Tiffany decided to answer Yuri’s question first which made the other woman frown at her.

 

“Yes, with my other two friends, it was our dream to build our own school, so with the help of our parents and friends we get to fulfill our dreams little by little each year.”

 

“Wow, you’re so good and you’re still young! I bet your friends are also just the same age as you.”

 

“Yes, we’re all friends since we’re young and all grew up sharing that same dream and passion!”

 

Tiffany smiled brightly at Yuri, her sister’s wife was still about to say something to her but Taeyeon beats her and directly looked at her which made Tiffany suddenly feel uncomfortable.

 

“What’s the name of your vice principal?”

 

“It’s Lee Sunny. You can call her up if you want.”

 

“Can I have her number, please?”

 

“Here,”

 

Tiffany handed her cellphone to Taeyeon which the woman copied immediately on her own phone.

 

“I’ll call her up later, thank you.”

 

Tiffany reached for her phone again when Taeyeon returned it to her. Tiffany tried to act so cool but deep inside she’s feeling so irritated with Taeyeon. Saying irritated is still a bit mild though, because honestly Tiffany is starting to get annoyed and angry at the way Taeyeon threats her, the way the petite woman would coldly stares at her and the way she talked to her as if Tiffany was some kind of a criminal that she’s interrogating inside a courtroom.

 

Tiffany then remembered their first encounter yesterday, Taeyeon’s boldness with her, because surely the way Taeyeon kissed her was…

 

Tiffany can’t find her own words to describe that kiss, she can now feel her cheeks starts to warm up and to make her situation even more uncomfortable, her gaze was immediately met up with Taeyeon when she raised her head.

 

Taeyeon must have saw her expression or her blushing cheeks because Tiffany swears that she saw how the other woman just gave her a devilish smile, as the woman could perfectly read what’s on her mind this very moment. And with that Tiffany blushed a deeper shade of red for the dinner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon placed her cellphone on the table and let out a deep sigh before starting to pinch the bridge of her nose. She had just talked with Lee Sunny, and the woman told her everything she needs to know about Tiffany Hwang.

 

The moment Taeyeon opened her eyes, she was instantly met with Yuri’s expectant ones.

 

“So?”

 

“Everything Ms. Hwang said about her background was true. She lost her parents in a car accident nine years ago, then a year later she found Hector Park who told her about her sister’s existence and lastly, how Tiffany Hwang searched for Jessica for the past eight years everywhere.”

 

“And?”

 

Taeyeon let out another sigh and starts to play with her cel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter