Three

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three

 

 

 

Tiffany steps out of the sliding widow and went out to the little balcony of her rented room that was beautifully facing the blue sea. She smiled at the scenery in front of her and took a deep breath of the fresh ocean scented air.

 

“Hmmm smells so good!”

 

Tiffany exclaimed and raised her hands in the air when a strong gush of wind passed through her.

 

She went down on the little dining area of the pension house she was staying at and had her breakfast. After that, she finally went out to do the main agenda of this trip.

 

Tiffany arrived at classic Korean style house, it was huge and old but very well kept. She carefully walked on the pathway beside the huge well manicured front lawn that would lead her at the front door of this huge mansion looking house. Tiffany carefully knocked, just loud enough to be heard. She heard a voice in reply and Tiffany instantly let out a sharp nervous breath.

 

“Good morning! What can I do for you?”

 

A smiling middle aged woman open up the door for Tiffany and she immediately did a courtesy bow.

 

“Good morning, Ma’am. I’m Tiffany Hwang and I’m from Seoul. Uhm… I’m looking for Sir Hector Park, he’s a friend of my parents. I came all the way here to ask him something about my parents. I was hoping I could talk to him, please.”

 

“Ah I see. If you’ll tell me your parent’s name I’ll tell Sir Hector about your request.”

 

“Thank you! My parent’s names are Robert and Carmen Hwang.”

 

“Okay, please come in and have a sit first while I go to Sir Hector.”

 

Tiffany smiled and followed the older woman to the living room. She took a seat and nervously waits for the older woman to come to her with hopefully, a good news.

 

“Miss Hwang, Sir Hector says he will talk to you, he’s in the back yard so please follow me.”

 

Tiffany immediately stood up and walk behind the older woman. When they reached the entry of the back yard, the older woman smiled at her and gesture her to go on by herself. Tiffany bowed and thanked the older woman before the latter went back to the inside of the house.

 

With measured steps, Tiffany walked towards the back of a sitting old man in a wheel chair. Tiffany took a deep breath and told herself to calm down a bit. When Tiffany reached the side of the older man, she bowed and courteously greeted the old man.

 

“Annyeong-hashimnikka, my name is Tiffany Hwang.”

 

“Come here child, sit beside me.”

 

With carefulness in her every steps, Tiffany walked towards the wooden bench beside the wheelchair of the old man.

 

“You are Robb and Carmen’s daughter?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You are that child,”

 

Tiffany understands the hidden meaning of the older man’s words.

 

“Yes.”

 

The older man looked away from her and just stared at the cliff overlooking the wide blue ocean. Tiffany would have find the whole place breath taking due the beautiful sight of the ocean and endless carpet of green grass and scattered wild flowers everywhere, Sir Park’s backyard is surely a relaxing place.

 

If only she came here to unwind, the relaxing ambiance could definitely easily rub on her. But the ongoing silence from the dazed looking old man only made Tiffany’s nervousness even worse than ever.

 

“How’s Robb and Carmen?”

 

“They… they died a year ago.”

 

Tiffany saw the shock on the old man’s face before it slowly turned into a sad one.

 

“I’m so sorry to hear that, please accept my deepest condolence.”

 

“Thank you, Sir.”

 

“How did they died?”

 

“Car accident, Sir.”

 

“I’m sorry if my question is making you sad.”

 

“It’s okay, Sir. I understand.”

 

“I just can’t believe it, It still feels like only yesterday that your parents were active volunteer teacher’s. Kindly teaching all those kids that couldn’t go to school.”

 

She heard the old mad let out a shaky breath.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter