Twenty-four

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-four

 

 

Tiffany didn’t when she had dozed off, she got fully awakened when she felt her head was resting into something lean but soft at the same time and she realized that she was actually leaning against Taeyeon’s shoulder. She immediately straightened up in her seat because they are still on the road and Taeyeon had been driving non-stop and she carelessly even slept on her shoulder must have been really uncomfortable for her since she was still driving.

“Wh-where are we?”

She asked quietly since she was still feeling embarrassed.

“Where almost there, just another hour left.”

Taeyeon slowed down and finally stopped in front of a restaurant.

“Why are stopping? I thought we still have an hour?”

“I’m already hungry and tired I’ve been driving for three hours straight, at least let us eat? Might be an early dinner too!”

Tiffany take a look at the clock at the dashboard and saw that it was already half past five. She finally relented to Taeyeon’s suggestion since she’s feeling bad for sleeping on her the whole drive.

Taeyeon dash out of the driver’s seat and hurriedly opened the door for Tiffany which made her inwardly smile for the simple gesture.

“Thanks,”

“My pleasure,”

Taeyeon even smiled at her and Tiffany felt her cheeks heating up again.

‘Is she teasing me again? Or she’s actually being nice to me for once?’

They were led in a table for in back corner like Taeyeon asked to the waitress who seems to pay too much attention to Taeyeon to Tiffany’s distaste. The waitress was already handing Taeyeon the menu and was asking the latter in her overly friendly voice what she wanted to order. Tiffany lets out an involuntary sigh before standing up from her seat.

“I’m gonna go to the restroom,”

“Huh? Ah okay,”

She didn’t spare another glance at Taeyeon and the flirt of a waitress and walk-sprint to the restroom.

When Tiffany came back, their table was already filled with various dishes that’s enough to feed a family of ten.

“Whoa!”

Taeyeon gave her a toothy grin and Tiffany can’t help but to silently squeal on how cute she looks this very moment.

“I didn’t know what you like so I kinda ordered everything on the menu.”

“This is too much…”

“Don’t worry we can have them wrapped for take-out and eat again on the later when we get hungry.”

Tiffany could only answer Taeyeon with a nod.

“So what are you waiting for? Let’s eat, Fany-ah!”

The two of them immediately fell into silence when they began eating. The only thing that could be heard between them is the sound of their utensils and the soft hum of approval from Taeyeon when the woman seems to like the dish she tried then a short follow up of “Try this Fany-ah it tastes delicious!” which Tiffany would mindlessly taste until she lost track that they almost finish half of what ordered.

“Can we have these wrapped for take-out?”

“Oh sure! Anything for you, miss beautiful!”

Tiffany unconsciously lets out a sarcastic smile when she heard what the waitress just said to Taeyeon and almost laugh out loud when she dared to look at the waitress face and saw her overly cute acting to an awkward looking Taeyeon. She was no longer irritated, Tiffany was actually enjoying this now, seeing how Taeyeon reacts to someone that’s blatantly flirting with her is fun because the older woman doesn’t know if she should s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter