Fourteen

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourteen

 

 

 

“Are you feeling better now?”

 

Tiffany carefully asked Taeyeon when she sensed that the other person had already regained her normal breathing and was looking more calmer than she was a few minutes ago.

 

She was answered by a weak nod by Taeyeon and get a sense of relief too.

 

“What happened back there, Taeyeon? That was now the second time Yuri acted like that?”

 

Taeyeon lets out a sigh and buried her face to her hands. Tiffany patiently waited for Taeyeon to answer her question as she felt the latter trying to gain her courage to tell what is really happening to her sister in law right now.

 

“I gave her a sedative, it was prescribed to her by her doctor. We only use that when Yuri lose suddenly lose control and breaks down. It’s been years since Yuri needed that but because of her too much worry for Jessica, she’s getting too stressed out.”

 

“What do you mean it’s been years?”

 

Taeyeon raised her head and looked at Tiffany straight in the eyes before answering her question.

 

“When Yuri was thirteen, she and her mother got kidnapped with no intention of asking for ransom money.”

 

Tiffany lets out a sharp gasp, she already doesn’t like what Taeyeon will tell her nect.

 

“My aunt was killed right in front of her and Yuri would have suffered the same fate if the police didn’t get to rescue any sooner…”

 

“Oh my god!”

 

“Since then, Yuri suffered so much she was depressed for years. She only starts to get truly better when she finally met your sister. She was afraid that Sica might have suffered the same thing since we still haven’t received any call or notes from the kidnappers… that is only if she was really kidnapped… that is why is was also getting angry at Jessica for putting Yuri in this situation again!”

 

“Didn’t she know? My sister?”

 

“I think she already knows... they’ve dated for three years and married for almost two years now… and I remembered Yuri telling me once that she’s sure that Jessica is the one for her because she had accepted her for who she is.”

 

“And all this happening is bringing back bad memories to Yuri,”

 

“Yes.”

 

Tiffany lets out a heavy sigh. Their problem is much more complicated than she thought.

 

‘Why is my sister not trying to call Yuri? Isn’t she even worried about her too? I really don’t know what to think anymore! I know my sister is not the kind of person the police is trying to tell us. But… she should at least call Yuri… Where are you Jessica-unnie?’

 

She was so deep into her thoughts that Tiffany didn’t noticed that Taeyeon already stood up from her seat and went to her. She only realized it when Tiffany felt a hand gave a gentle squeeze on her shoulder.

 

“Just like what you’ve said, everything will be alright, Tiffany…”

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

“We will find your sister and soon enough everything will be back to normal again.”

 

Tiffany saw the assurance and sincerity in Taeyeon’s eyes and she felt like she can really trust in every word she will say to her. And that softness in Taeyeon’s eyes made her realized something.

 

“Do you believe me now, Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon gave her a soft smile that completely mesmerized Tiffany.

 

“I checked on you, remember? And you are what exactly you told me… and you even told me more than you think you did.”

 

Tiffany took a step back and created a distance with Taeyeon and starts to shook her head.

 

“You still ran a background check on me even though you already talked to Sunny and Sooyoung. That means you never really believed in me,”

 

There was a hint of accusation and pain in her voice as she said what’s inside her mind and what Tiffany said wiped off that sweet smile on Taeyeon’s face and was replaced by what looks like guilt in Tiffany’s eyes.

 

“I need to be sure. I need to protect my cousin, I don’t want her to get hurt even more. It will also help the police inspectors to narrow down the investigation and for them everybody is a suspect until he or she is proven not guilty. And if the investigators won’t do it then the case will go nowhere. It was not all my decision. Tiffany…”

 

Tiffany suddenly felt alarmed, Taeyeon was doing it again. She was looking at her intensely, closing on her like a predator trapping her prey again, in all her energy, making her feel vulnerable and open from all her attacks that all she can do is hopelessly surrender herself to her captivating presence.

 

Taeyeon began to lean forward towards Tiffany as her whole body has start to turn rigid when her back hit the backrest of the chair.

 

“You’re doing it again, Tiffany…”

 

Taeyeon softly spoke to Tiffany, Taeyeon’s soft voice made her whole body shivers and made Tiffany swallow her nervousness away.

 

‘You’re the one who’s doing it again!’

 

“Why do you always look like you want to run away from me?”

 

Taeyeon continued talking and leaning closer to Tiffa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter