Fifteen

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifteen

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was holding Tiffany’s hand as they both make their way to Yuri’s room. Taeyeon smiled when she saw the young doctor that was standing beside Yuri’s bed. They let go of each other and Tiffany went to sit beside Juhyun in the sofa near the bed while Taeyeon walked towards the doctor and her cousin.

 

“Hi unnie! Long time no see! Although I hope that we didn’t get to see each other like this,”

 

Taeyeon gave a sad smile when she saw the young doctor’s eyes shifted to the sleeping Yuri.

 

“Hello, Yoona. Has it been that long? By the way how come you’re the one who went here?”

 

“My father finally retired six months ago, didn’t Yuri-unnie told you? My father handed me all some of his patients.”

 

“No, Yuri never told me about that.”

 

“Well, maybe because she thought she’ll never have her anxiety attack ever gain. Even me and my father had thought about that too.”

 

Taeyeon lets out a sad sigh.

 

“It’s really been so long since Yuri-unnie had an attack. I’m really worried about her. Juhyun told me that it also happened two days ago. That’s a very close interval, which only means that she in deep stress.”

 

“Yes, she’s too worried about Jessica.”

 

“Still no news about Sica-unnie?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head.

 

“How about the case? Any progress?”

 

“They’re still stuck. They can’t declare Jessica was kidnapped because there’s no ransom being asked! All they can think is that Jessica left on her own!”

 

A deafening silence envelopes the four of them, Tiffany and Juhyun were exchanging worried looks while Taeyeon and Yoona were staring at Yuri when the young doctor suddenly breaks the silence.

 

“Unnie, I was thinking… maybe the officers were right about Sica-unnie leaving on her own. Have anyone thought why she left though?”

 

“Yoona! 10 billion won worth of money went missing! Isn’t that enough for someone to leave without a trace?!”

 

“Unnie, we’ve seen how Sica-unnie and Yuri-unnie loved and cared for each other! I believe that Sica-unnie will not leave Yuri-unnie just like that! There’s got to be a more serious reason than that missing money!”

 

“Then what?! I’m running out of ideas! Please tell me because I really don’t know what to think anymore! Tell me what I missed!”

 

“Unnie, we all know how good Sica-unnie was, as a person and as a wife for Yuri-unnie, she really do love her.”

 

“Yoona, I know that okay. That’s why I’m helping them as much as I can. And it’s hurts so much to see Yuri like this again. That’s why I need to find Jessica as soon as possible!”

 

Yoona took a deep breath and looked at Taeyeon straight in the eye before beginning to tell her theory.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie, what if… Sica-unnie used the money to invest it somewhere?”

 

Taeyeon hides her emotion by burying her face into her palms, she had already thought of what Yoona has told her but didn’t act on it.

 

“Honestly, I also thought about that…”

 

“Then what happen? Did you found out anything from that?”

 

Taeyeon can’t do anything when she heard Tiffany’s voice that was laced with slight accusation as she asked her.

 

“It only brought up other problems, the truth is, only a 15 million won was belted under Jessica’s name which Yuri was willing to cover for but somehow after the preliminary investigation, various dummy accounts suddenly popped out as the auditing team dig deeper in all the branches Jessica was handing. The first few missing millions could easily pass as Yoona’s theory but a missing billion won worth of money is more complicated don’t you think so?”

 

“Then it’s still plausible! That my sister only had taken that amount! That she might have really secretly borrowed to invest at some stock or business establishment, you said it yourself, she wanted to get away under her father in-law’s shadow.”

 

“Yes, that’s plausible, Tiffany. But you forgot the other missing amount.”

 

“Unnies…”

 

They all turned their head to the youngest in the room when the girl finally joined in their conversation.

 

“What it Jessica-unnie was framed up for all this. We all knew how the older emplo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter