Thirty

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I finally finished chapter 30 ^-^

 

 

 

Chapter Thirty

 

 

Taeyeon arrived at the hospital with Tiffany the next morning. Upon seeing each other, Yuri and Tiffany immediately embraced each other and silently cried.

“How’s unnie?”

“She’s still not waking up…”

“Let’s take turn in watching, you also need to rest Yuri…”

“I’m fine, Fany… I want to be here when your sister wakes up.”

“Come on, Yuri. You need to be strong, remember? That applies both mentally, emotionally and physically.”

Taeyeon stepped in between her stubborn cousin and Tiffany.

“But—“

“Jessica will be transferred to a room soon, so Yoona made an early arrangement and already got us a VIP room so you can also be comfortable while watching over your wife. So listen to us, okay?”

“But Taeyeon…”

“Tiffany and I will watch over while you take a rest. And there’s something I have to give you. Detective Han asked me to deliver this to you.”

Taeyeon handed Jessica’s letter to Yuri, who quietly took the white envelope.

“Read this at the room, okay?”

Yuri finally relented with her request and take a last look over the glass wall that separates them from Jessica before finally walking towards the direction of the elevator.

 

 

 

 

Yuri entered the VIP room of the hospital and sat down on the long couch since Juhyun and Yoona are already sleeping on the two spare beds. Yuri knows that she needs to sleep to regain her strength but sleep is out of her reach at the moment, especially now that she holding in her hand a piece of paper, that probably might be the last thing her wife made before this unfortunate event happened to her.

Yuri closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she starts reading the letter Jessica wrote for her. She hasn’t even start yet but tears were already streaming down Yuri’s face.

To my wonderful wife,

I’m sorry, Yuri-ah. I failed you. I was such a fool for dreaming that I can surpass your father. He was right after all, I’m not good enough for you and that you deserve someone better. And most of all he’s right when said that I will only bring shame and pain to you. But I love you, Yuri-ah. I love you so much more than my own life that I’m willing to do everything to give you a good life than what I had. I want to give you a better life than what you already have. And I want it to come from me and not from the wealth of your father. I wanted to prove to your father that I can give you all that. I want him to see that I didn’t marry you because of all the things you give to me, that I can also give you things you grew up with and so much more. And most importantly, I want to prove him that you’re not wrong for choosing me, that you’re not wrong in loving me.

But all the things I did backfired at me, the decisions I made turned out to be wrong and it threw me off track. I’m so sorry for doing what I did, I guess I grew desperate that it clouded all my right senses. And worst, I allowed myself to use for the wrong I did, and it only added more sins in my plate. I tried to correct wrong things I did, believe me Yuri. I tried my hardest and my very best to stop them. I gathered all the evidences that will prove all the things they did at the bank and not just at my branch but as well as the entire bank chains.

I was ready to turn myself over and it’s just in time when I finally paid or better say, I finally returned the money I took from the bank, the last company I bought had managed to survive and I was able to return the money from my earnings. I was ready to face the consequences of my actions. I was even ready to get imprisoned for it. But they found out about my plans and tried to sabotage me by turning all the evidence of their embezzlements on me. And it surely worked because all the blame and hate was fired towards me. I was already at the brink of losing my mind because I was such a loser. I failed you, Yuri. I failed to keep my promises to you and honestly, I’m already losing sight of hope.

But your love, your faith in me kept me steadily anchored by the shore and I was once again reminded how lucky I am to have you, that no riches and wealth can ever amount to you and the love you have for me because we already conquered all the odds in our relationship and finally, our last wish had been finally granted, it’s a miracle, really, to finally have this little beating heart inside me, it was really a miracle, I know you agree with me.

Whatever happens, Yuri-ah, always remember that I love you and I will not fail this time, I will make sure that I will keep our little miracle safe. I love you, Kwon Yuri. Please wait for me.

P.S

You asked me before when we were still dating about my family, and I told I told you that the only family I have is my aunt. The truth is, I still have a younger sister, she’s just a year younger than me, I didn’t know about her existence until I graduated high school because my aunt lied to me about her existence and the truth about my parent’s death. Upon graduating college, I did everything to find and just recently, I finally found her, her name is Tiffany Hwang. And once all of this is over I want us to meet her.

 

With love,

Your wife Jessica

 

 

Yuri wiped the tears that keeps on falling from her eyes as she reads Jessica’s letter over again. She now finally understands everything, upon hearing that Jessica was in a very critical condition and that there’s a possibility that she tried to end her own life had guilt Yuri to no end.

She keeps on blaming herself for what happened to Jessica, for the reason that had pushed her up to this and being so sorry for being so irresponsible to their baby, all of those has kept her awake for the past two days, and now that Jessica had told her all this in her letter, it gave her the strength she really need to go on.

She will make sure to catch whoever did this to her wife. And most importantly, she will be there for Jessica from now on, especially now that an addition

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter