You Have That Poetry-Obsessed Too Much I Hate Them

Cinderella Gone Wrong
Chapter 8 - You Have That Poetry-Obsessed Too Much I Hate Them
 
 
"Hey, Dad." I greeted him as I placed the bouquet on his gravestone with the daisy at the side.
 
Here lies Jung Soo Hyun
Beloved Husband And Father
1969-2009
 
This place was kinda secluded place on a small hill. There weren't that many people buried here since this was that kind of private graveyard that needed monthly rental fees. Mom rent some part of this place for Dad so we could at least gave him some comfort for his last resting place.
 
Yep, this place hold the throne of my most favorite place on planet Earth. It was all because this was the closest I could get of still having my father around.
 
I did a formal bowed 3 times before I started taking out the wild grass around the tombstone and cleaned some dried leaves here and there. To be fair, I was totally horrible with the formal bows at first but gradually I knew how to do it right since I visited him every week after he died.
 
Practice make prefect, they said.
 
I sat down beside his gravestone and took out a book from my backpack.
 
"Guess what Dad I found another poem from your favorite all-time poet, Alfred Tennyson!" I showed the front cover to his tombstone as if he was the one who was watching instead. I opened to a page where I had flipped the top corner and started reading.
 
Sweet and low, sweet and low...
Wind of the western sea...
Low, low, breathe and blow...
Wind of the western sea...
 
Kids in school must be laughing their hearts out if they ever found me here. That super hot cheer squad's captain was reading some classic poem to her dead father. Could it be more pathetic? In school, I've always plastered that happy, queen bee face to everyone. Only Tae Yeon had seen my other sides where I kept my secret to myself. Even the complicated-mix trio didn't know about this beside the fact that my father died and my mom married another guy.
 
Maybe Min Jung wasn't the only one faking.
 
But having the stupid cheerleading outfit somehow gave me power. Gave me strength. As if there was nothing to be worried about. As if there was nothing to be sad over. As if there was nothing to be cried on. As if the world's concern was just how well did our cheering routine went.
 
As if I'm just another stupid cheeleader that couldn't careless about anything in her life but on how to hook up a spesifically silence, hot guy.
 
It masked my true self. My true pathetic, miserable self. In other's eyes, I am almost perfect as a student that hold the title The Most Typical Girl That Peaks In Higschool. I'm pretty, rich and had a perfect loving family. If only they knew what thunder was going on behind the curtain of our stage play. I gotta admit though. With my beloved step-sister sudden change of attitude, Mom's getting a lot more distance from mw. Like she was her new daughter. While my step dad kept on buying expensive stuff to her one and only daughter so that she maintain her behave-self.
 
I chuckled softly at the thought before continued reading.
 
Over the rolling waters go,
Come from the dying moon, and blow,
Blow him again to me;
While my little one, while my pretty one, sleeps.
 
When the poem came to an end, I closed the book and looked at Dad's name on the gravestone while smiling.
 
"Can you believe me? I'm reading poem right now." I laughed a little, feeling quite disbelief of myself. "Your immatured little princess who was crazy over Disney's Princes are now devoted herself to poetry. Funny."
 
"It's all your fault Dad. You have that poetry-obsessed too much I hate them. But now, now I just gotta read them for you like you did when I was little."
 
"No matter how much time I told you to stop and asked you to read me Cinderella instead. you never did. You continued to read until I fall asleep over all those boring lines."
 
"Now that you're asleep," I exhaled. "I'm just gonna continue reading them for you."
 
I was silent for some minutes before I started talking again.
 
"I just really miss you, Dad."
 
After an hour sat there and talked about random things at school, I decided to leave. I gave a bow to him for the last time and bid a goodbye but before I could fully turned my body, my eyes caught the daisy lying beside the boquet of roses. I looked around and saw another gravestone few metres from Dad's. I took the daisy with me and walked toward the grave. It's surrounding was clean, signalling that someone had come to clean his grave pretty often. I read the name carved on the gravestone and made one formal bow.
 
"Ahjussi, I got this flower for someone and since my father got his, I gave this as a present for you. Because you know I just noticed my father had a neighbor around and you somehow accompany my father here and..." I stopped my blabbering and chuckled at my stupidity of explaining something not so important to someone that already dead." "...and yeah," I shrugged it off before placed the daisy beside his gravestone and said goodbye.
 
*
 
Do ignore the years that probably collided with the whole story's timeline.