A Bouquet of White Roses With One Red In The Middle

Cinderella Gone Wrong

Chapter 7 - A Bouquet of White Roses With One Red In The Middle


"Are you seriously going to follow me?" I turned around to see Min Jung trailing behind me. Her acts were kept on getting suspicious by minute and I hate being all curious.

"Well, you're supposed to walk me around, aren't ya?" She smiled very faking-ly.

"Look, I don't know what game you're playing. And I don't have any intention of getting involved with your stupid stage play or any part of your life. I have an important place to be right now. You get me?"

"What, your so-called cheerleader routine?" That's it. Her usual, mean tone came back. Her face changed to the natural y face once again just like the one before she magically transformed to some lost saint into our house.

"No thanks to you. I missed it." I replied and before I could walk away, she got a hold of my arm.

"Oh my God, this is so not fun." She laughed all of a sudden. Her facial expression turned serious once again as she stared into my eyes. "You'll see. I will take everything that belong to you. Everything until the only one left would be your stupid cheerleading outfit and that dumb pom-pom."

I stared back at her, consumed by everything but a drop of intention breaking the agonizing staring contest before harshly pulled my hands that she stumbled backwards when she released it.

"Until that moment," I said and dsmiled brightly at her. "I'll be waiting, sister."

*

"Welcome!" Mrs. Kang, the old florist greeted me as she heard the bell clung at the door . She was arranging some pots with daisies at the rack when she saw me walked in.

"Oh, hi sweetie." She smiled to me, taking off her dirty gloves an put them on the counter before threw a hug around my me. I gave it back to her as I wrapped my hands around her.

"What can I get you?" She asked when she let go of my body and placed one of her hand on her hip. Before I could answer. she hold up one finger. "Wait, same as usual?"

I chuckled before nodding slowly.

"A bouquet of white roses with only one red in the middle coming right up." She said my usual order before strode to her garden at the back of the shop. I settled down on the high stool beside the counter as I looked around the shop.

No matter how much time I've been here, I never get tired watching all those flowers. So far, this was my second most favorite place on earth. Uh-uh, the first one wasn't home. Definitely not. A house with Mom and me, only? Could be. But with a masked satan's pawn as a step sister?

It was a hell. And hell was no one's favorite place. That satan's pawn's? I'm telling you, thousand possibilities.

I let you know the first place later.

"So how's your Mom?" Mrs. Kang asked as she walked out of her garden toward the counter with a lot of flowers wrapped around her hands. "Haven't seen her in ages."

"She's... busy." I shrugged while shaking my head nonchalantly. She nodded as she placed the flowers on the counter and began to arrange them in a bouquet.

"First day at school?" She asked again and had me sighed.

"Well, it's school you know so, yeah." She chuckled at my answered before gave her all attention to the bouquet again. I just watched as her hands swiftly placing the white roses here and there in the transparent plastic neatly. She then wrapped a white soft paper around before continued working on the flowers. After few minutes working on the white ones, she took the single red rose and put it in the middle of the bouquet. She proceeded to tie the bottom with a red ribbon and just like that, my bouquet was ready.

"Your work is splendid as ever." I commented as I took the bouquet with both of my hands and breathed in the sweet scent of the freshly plucked roses. "God, this is so nice."

"Well they didn't call me the best florist in town for nothing."

"Yeah, of course." I smiled and handed her some dollars.

"Oh, wait sweetheart." Mrs. Kang called me as I was about to exit the shop. I stopped at the door as she went to the hanging daisies pots at the displayer window and plucked one for me.

"For you. They said daisies can bring you hope." She handed me the daisy and I took it while giving her the most sincere grateful smile I could ever invented.

"Oh, thank you." She gave me one last hug before I excused myself.

 

*

Please ignore all grammatical errors, typos and stuff. I only realized I make so much of them after posting and I'm terribly sorry for that. T^T