Expert At Pretending

Cinderella Gone Wrong
Chapter 21 - Expert At Pretending
 
I've been dating Ji Min for about two months now. Which was so far the most lasting relationships with any guy I've dated before. The girls were quite surprised too since I've proven that my decision of going solid and steady with Ji Min like I've sworn to was now getting real. Ji Min tried to be more affectionate with me in public like he would stole a quick peck on my lips in the hallway. But I would rather if he just slammed me at the locker door and kissed me.
 
As you could see, I'm taking Tae Yeon's advice of masking myself in front of Ji Min like I always did before the night that he came to my house. That's when I realized that I didn't actually love Park Ji Min at all. It was impossible for me to love him that soon and risking telling him my secret. I'm glad I could finally pull myself out of the edge of what Tae Yeon called it, a major-life-changing-step cliff.
 
She's right. I'm just confuse.
Because he reminded me of my father. Somehow.
 
Anyway, I know how much he creating too much public commotion with the sound of us kissing but that was the hardest part of dating me because no one could resist not looking at me when I was around especially with my girls with me. It was one of the perks of being popular. Because even if you're as stunning as Vanessa Hudgens but no one's jaw dropping when you walked pass them you're still not popular. I know I've could pick a better actress than Vanessa Hudgens but that wasn't the point. You need to be looked at to be popular.
 
But of course, they looked at appearance and face too. Because by God, who wouldn't stare at Vanessa Hudgens? And yes, you need to be beautiful too, to be popular.
 
Guys generally dislike clingy girls and I knew how much important to have your own personal space so I don't always wanted him to be with me the whole goddamn day and night. He still had his studies, workout, guy time and family time. Besides, I still had a very active social life with or without Ji Min and therefore my days were full with things to do and people to see. My girls were included of course because I'm totally not the type to ditch my friends once I involved in relationship and I refused to be. We still hang out like we used to be with all the spa visits, nightclubs and lingerie shopping.
 
Additionally, I was trying to kept the period when I was at home the least I could.
 
All in all both of us didn't really spend that much time together and we didn't sit at the same table during launch that there was even some rumors that said we aren't together anymore and I could hear all the judgmental, two-cents worth of backtalk on how predictable was my relationship was going everytime. Ji Min was just being rational. He thought that it wasn't necessary for a people in relationship to stick together all the time.
 
But I don't really care actually. Because this was who I am. I am that bratty popular cheerleader who only knew to get wasted and chased over hot guys and broke up frequently. And as long as they saw me as that, I could put up my false-front just fine.
 
And then I'm good again. Good at pretending. No, not good. That sounded cheap. I am expert.
 
*
 
IMPORTANT AUTHOR NOTE!!! READ PLEASE!
I know this story had been going a little faster and there wasn't much of So Ra and Ji Min moments together but there will be all the sweet stuff and all so please just wait. ^^