We Are Not That Stereotype Characters In Those Stupid Novels

Cinderella Gone Wrong

Chapter 3 - We Are Not That Stereotype Characters In Those Stupid Novels

"Do you want me to pick you up?" Dad asked as I hopped off the car.

"No, it's okay." I shook my head slightly. "I need to get some stuff on my way back."

"You have that weight concern too?" Dad grinned as he extended his hand through the window, intending to ruffle my hair. But before anything, I dodged his hand by titling my head to side which earned his laugh.

"The last thing I would want is to go inside the school with my messed up hair on the first day of my senior year."

Dad laughed even more at that and gradually nodded his head.

"One is with weight problem and another one is appearance concern. My princesses are sure all grown up now."

I smiled at his remark before excused myself and walked into the schoolyard.

"Yah!" A voice booming in my ear and a hand slipped around my neck, applying her signature fail headlock on me. My body dropped a little to one side as she pulled me to her 160s something cm height.

"Ow! My neck hurts! Stop it!" I took off her arms harshly from my neck with a frown on my face. I did that little stretching stuff with my neck and slowly rubbed my hand all over it.

"Yah, you're exxagerating-janha." She said and she playfully punched my forearm.

"God's sake Tae Yeon, we're seniors now." I growled at her. "Grow up."

Tae Yeon rolled her eyes boringly at me.

"Duh, isn't that what seniors do? We attract attention so all the freshmen know that we could do anything that we wanted and no one could stop us."

"Where you dig that up?" I laughed.

"Well, just some ciche chick flick." She grinned before taking out her compact powder, dabbing some on her face. Typical Tae Yeon with her compact powder.

I noticed them the first thing we met during our freshmen year. That she always had the habit of checking up her face every 5 minutes. I did too but at least I did them in a more private place like in the toilet and definitely not once in 5 minutes.

We met when we both joined the school cheer squad. Since only two freshmen were selected in every semester and we happened to be chose on the first one, we automatically became friends. Not that we just naturally clicked like all those cliche best friends in romance movie but both of us knew we need someone to be by our side when we got scolded by the more senior cheerleaders.

At first we just met to discuss our cheer routine so that we won't collided to each other during the training because basically we were chosen solely as a result of having a bikini-ready body. But the conversation somehow dragged to another conversation. Boy bands, new Maybeline brushes kit, this season's Victoria Secret undergarments and hot football jocks in our school that we cheered on.

Especially the hot football jocks's part.

Trust me, we spend hours just talking about their abs. 

I'm sorry but do you think that we were the stereotype main characters in those stupid novels? We were certainly not. Yeah, we might be the main characters but the good little nerd that spend her whole day studying that she grows too much freckles on her face due to her over-drinking soda chore?

Once again, we were certainly not.

One thing I had to admit was that I'm not a really good student. Don't underestimated me being a complete dumb but my grades was not that straight A's one. I got some B's here and there, C's included but no F. Lucky me. Tae Yeon was around my group too except she failed both her Math and Account subjects. Which was quite a concern I might say but being a couldn't-care-less-about-my-grades type of girl she just brushed them off, saying she could handle meeting the teachers once or twice in a week.

His father is an heir of the most prestigious hotel in South Korea. So I think she could ignore her concern for now if she wants.

Tae Yeon knew all about my family. My mom, real dad, as well as the step one and the malevolent step-sister. But what I didn't tell her was about that Min-y-Jung's transfer. I didn't actually think that was necessary though.

We couldn't be playing happy family at school too, right?

Well, that's what I thought.

***

Subscribe, comment and upvote! <3