Chapter 7

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride to school the next morning was awkward. The two were quiet the whole fifteen minutes in the school bus.

At school, Jaejoong was trying to ask Yunho why he didn't say, 'No, I don't like you as more than a friend.' But Yunho started avoiding being alone with Jaejoong.

Yunho had been running through in Jaejoong’s mind all day. Jaejoong found himself drawing Yunho’s name within a shapeof a heart in his notes during school. He made a mental note to add another reason to why Yunho can't touch his books. What was this boy, name Jung Yunho, not answering this simple question doing to him?

Jaejoong decided he needed to confront Yunho. He waited outside the gym as he knew his game practice wouldn't be over for another ten minutes and he will probably need another ten more minutes to shower and change.

Yunho instantly saw Jaejoong as he came out from the gym door. "Hi Jae."

Jaejoong just stood there with a small furrow of his brow.

Seeing how Jaejoong looked so serious, Yunho asked, "What with the face?"

"Okay, Yunho," Jaejoong started. "Why won't you just say you don't like me?"

Yunho looked at Jaejoong and smiled knowingly, but he didn't answer his question. "How was your dance practice?" He asked as he started walking.

"It was really good." Jaejoong answered, catching up his pace and walked beside him. "We're working on a new routine..." Jaejoong trailed off as when he realized what Yunho was trying to do.  "Stop changing the subject."

"I'm not." Yunho argued. "Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't mean I really didn't want to know how your practice was."

"I guess that's true." Jaejoong sighed. "But why won't you answer my question?"

Yunho stopped walking and looked at Jaejoong. ‘Did I like him or not?’ It was simple yes or no question. But of course, he was Jung Yunho, and couldn't make anything simple.

"Because," Yunho sighed, running his fingers through his hair, something he always does when he was nervous. "I didn't know the answer myself." He said, barely in whisper.
  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jaejoong crawled under the covers and just stared at the ceiling. A bunch of thoughts were clouding his mind and he didn't think he'd could sleep now. Yunho admitted he didn't know how he felt about him. Jaejoong had to say he didn't quite know how he felt about him either. He was so confused. He found himself wondering about the question everybody had always been convinced of.

 'There's something between you guys.'

Maybe there were. Maybe they had just been too blind to see what was in front of them. Jaejoong thought back to all those years of their friendship. They did seem to act like a couple. The more he thought about it, the more he understood the reason why everybody was surprised to find out they weren't dating.

Jaejoong couldn't help but smile at the thought of them being a couple. They had talked about it back in middle school and decided against it. But that was middle school, they're in high school now. Maybe things would be different. Maybe they needed a little change in their relationship.

Jaejoong got out of his bed and walked out to his balcony. He noticed Yunho was sitting in his lazy chair on his balcony. Jaejoong went back inside and took his cell phone and dialed Yunho's number. Yunho immediately picked up the call.

"Hey." Jaejoong said.

"Hey Jae." Yunho responded.

Yunho was leaning at the back seat of his chair while Jaejoong leaned on the wall of his bedroom, enjoying the starry night. They stayed silent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter