Chapter 10

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho looked up from his phone that he had been staring for the past thirty minutes of silence, restraining himself from calling Jaejoong the fifth time for the past one hour.

'Let him go. I'm safe.'

'I'm safe.'

He sighed under his breath as he remembered the horrible incident at school. Despite the fact that Jaejoong insisted on being okay, he couldn't help but still worry about him. He got up from his study desk and stood by the window in his room, gazing out across the yard to Jaejoong's room.

He was feeling a little nervous but he didn't know the exact reason. He perked up as he saw shadows of movement in Jaejoong’s bedroom. About a minute later, the room went dark as the bedroom light was switched off. Yunho stared at the white lace curtain a few more minutes before shaking the worrying thought from his mind and decided to climb onto his bed. Staring up at the ceiling, he breathed deeply, trying not to think about everything that had happened. He flipped off the light switch on his bedside table before closing his eyes to sleep.

"Sleep tight, Jaejoong" He mumbled.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

After making sure he was ready for school, Yunho walked out of his room and closed the door slowly. He said goodbye to his umma at breakfast table, he walked to Jaejoong's house and sat down on the front porch stairs, waiting for him to come out so they could walk to the bus stop together. Yunho looked around in confusion after waiting for a while, there was no sound of Jaejoong coming out at all. Yunho decided to ring the doorbell.

Mrs. Kim opened the door with apron still around her waist and greeted Yunho with a bright smile on her face. “Oh Yunho, come in. Jaejoong is not feeling well so he is not going to school today.” She said as she walked back to the kitchen with Yunho trailing behind her.

“What’s wrong with Jaejoong?” He woodenly asked, his face set like a stone.

“He’s having a fever.” Mrs. Kim looked at her watch. “Oh my, I’m late. I have a meeting first thing in the morning and I can’t take day off today. Can you check on Jaejoong after you come home from school?” She said as she removed her apron and put it on the counter. She turned back to Yunho and added, “I already made porridge for him and he had taken his pills for this morning. I’m just afraid if his condition gets worse later," she sighed. "If Jaejoong needed the pills later, it's in the cabinet over there." Mrs Kim pointed to the cabinet. She quickly ran to the front door, "And please locked the door before you leave. You know where the house key is, Yunho."

"Sure Mrs. Kim. Don't worry, I'll take care of Jaejoong."

"Thank you, Yunho." Mrs Kim replied before her hurrying out the door with her giant purse in hand.

Yunho quickly ran upstairs and knocked on his bedroom door. “Jaejoong, it’s me."

No answer.

"I’m coming in now.” He opened the door and crossed the room to the sleeping boy. Staring worriedly at his flushed face, Yunho raked his fingers back through his black hair. Slowly he walked to him and placed the back of his hand on Jaejoong’s forehead.

Jaejoong opened his eyes. “Yunho? What are you doing here? You should go to school.”

Yunho climbed the bed and lay beside him. He hugged himr from on top of his covers. “You're burning, Jaejoong. I’m not going to school today. I’m taking care of you.”

Jaejoong shook his head. Jaejoong grabbed Yunho’s hand and squeezed lightly. “No you’re not. You’re going to school. Just a fever. And I've taken my pills just now. I’ll be okay in few hours. I’m not a baby, I can take care of myself. Now go before you miss your bus.”

“Hey, I’m worried about you. You must’ve got this fever from the shock you got yesterday.”

Jaejoong reached for his warm hand.” Yunho, don’t worry about yesterday, okay? J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter