Chapter 23

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong sat alone in English class, he couldn’t hope to pay attention now. He had just spent the entire period trying to be inconspicuous. He hid a yawn behind his hand, blinking when his eyes watered slightly from the action.

Finally, the bell rang signaling that its lunch time. Jaejoong let out a sigh.

“Such a depressing day today,” He grumbled.

He didn’t feel like going to the cafeteria, so he decided to skip lunch. He texted Yunho to meet him at a place where they spent their free time, the place they went to whenever they skipped lunch. He sat on the green grass under a tree behind the school block, he brought his History book with him, but he just put it on his lap – unopened. He felt like he was sitting there for ages but Yunho still hadn’t come yet.

Jaejoong was trying his hardest not to think of anything, because whenever he would think, he only thought about Sooyoung, and it hurt him so much. Jaejoong closed his eyes and was so lost in his thought, until he realized someone was standing in front of his. He opened his eyes and looked up, Yunho was standing over him.

Yunho knelt down and bent his head down so they were eye to eye with one another. “Hey beautiful, missed me?” He teased and sat next to Jaejoong. Their shoulders brushed each other.

“Sorry I was late. I was with Suho just now,” He started.

Jaejoong gave him a weak smile, “What’s up with Suho?”

“Suho... he’s having his birthday party at his house tonight. He said it’s a last minute plan and he invited the basketball team together with the cheerleader team to celebrate our winning game last weekend...”

“Uh it’s okay Yunho, you don’t have to explain. I understand,” Jaejoong waved his hand at him.

“If you want to come with me…”

Jaejoong cut him midsentence. “You know I don’t like parties.” ‘Be in a close party with Sooyoung and her friends? I’ve got to be kidding myself,’ he thought. “You go ahead. Have fun, but don’t be naughty.”

“Are you sure?” Yunho eyed him for confirmation.

“Yes, I’m very sure. If I were to go to that party I would probably fall asleep in a corner,” He joked. “What time does the party start?”

Yunho felt some relief as he answered, “Eight. Changmin will pick me at seven thirty.”

“Don’t come home late. Tomorrow you still have school.”

The school bell rang indicated the lunch time was over.

“Let’s go back to class,” Yunho said standing up. He grabbed Jaejoong’s hand and they walked back to the school building.

“Uh Yunho, I almost forgot, Miss Hana called for short dance briefing after lunch. I should be going there now.”

Yunho smiled at him, “Okay.”

“See you later,” Jaejoong said waving at him and walked to other direction. Suddenly, his cell phone beeped andshe grabbed it from his pants pocket.

 

From Junsu:

‘Jaejoong, where are you? Come quick to the practice room. We’re waiting for you.’

To Junsu:

‘I’m on my…’

 

Before he could finish his text, he heard voices and laughter. He paused. He turned and walked quietly to the direction of the voices, as if something was pulling him to them. He peeked around the corner, there was Sooyoung talking to Hyoyeon.

“So Sooyoung, you’re going to Suho’s party with Yunho,” Hyoyeon asked.

“Of course,” she alleged.

“What if Yunho brought Jaejoong with him? They’re a couple now, you know. Everyone at school knows about it.”

“Hyoyeon, how in the world could you possibly think, that Yunho would even be interested in him? Yunho was just pretending to like him. Nothing has changed between us. But of course, Jaejoong doesn’t know about it. Yunho has always and forever will be my boyfriend.”

Hyoyeon smirked, “You know what I think we should do?”

“What?” Sooyoung asked curiously.

“I think we should really give them something to talk about.” Hyoyeon grinned mischievously.

For some reason, Jaejoong’s heart stopped beating for a few seconds. It felt as if he just found out Yunho was cheating on him or something. He had no idea what came over him. He shook his head, trying to clear the negative thoughts away.

On the bus ride home after school, Jaejoong was quiet. Yunho was listening to music on his headphones. Jaejoong decided to talk to Yunho about the party at Suho’s, so he took his MP3 player in his hand and press the stop button.

Yunho turned to him, “Yes?”

“Yunho, about the party at Suho’s house, how are you going?”

“I told you, I’m going with Changmin. Why do you ask?”

“Umm... I've been thinking, Yunho, I changed my mind. Can I go to the party with you?”

“I thought you said you didn’t like parties.”

“I said I change my mind about going with you.”

“Jaejoong, you can’t. Errr...no. You better not.”

“And why can’t I?” Jaejoong asked in a displeased tone.

Yunho didn’t know what to say back to him, so he stayed silent.

“Yunho, I want to go with you.” Jaejoong begged.

Yunho grabbed his hand. “Jaejoong, please understand. It’s not like that I want to go, but I have no choice. They’re celebrating our winning, and I’m the captain. It’s just that I have to be there. Besides, Sooyoung and her team also will be there. I don’t want you to get hurt being in that party. There’s only a bunch of crap boys and crazy girls.”

“You don’t w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter