Chapter 13

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Oh my God, my parents are so embarrassing." Jaejoong said as he closed the door behind them.

'Yeah, tell me about it. Mine were also the same." Yunho replied softly. "Oh hey I forgot to tell you, we're going with my appa's truck for tonight's date." Yunho grinned at Jaejoong when he told him as they started walking.

"Really? Why are we taking the truck and not the car?" Jaejoong asked.

"It's what I've planned for our date." Yunho replied covertly.

Yunho, like true gentlemen, pulled open the door and help Jaejoong to climb inside - since the truck was pretty high up and Jaejoong was still not full recover from fever - and held onto his hand until he was settled comfortably. Once Jaejoong was inside and secure, Yunho closed the door. He shut the door gently and jogged to the driver’s side, sliding into the seat and pulling away from the curb.

“So, Yunho…” Jaejoong started.

“Not a chance,” He said immediately, laughing throatily. Jaejoong folded his arms and jutted his lip in a pout while sinking down in his seat.

“Please? I just want to know where we’re going,” Jaejoong said, putting on his best puppy dog eyes. The dark haired boy shook his head, eyes focused on the road ahead as they twist and turned up to Seoul’s busy streets.

"You'll see." He said nonchalantly whilst trying not to look at him. There was a tiny smile on his lips that made Jaejoong all the more curious as to where they were off to but it seemed that his best friend was not too keen on letting slip his secret for the time being. Jaejoong’d just have to wait to find out.

After a few moments of silence, Jaejoong spoke.

"Yunho, I'm glad you finally asked me out." He tried to sound casual.

Yunho smiled widely at him. "I am as well. For the record I've wanted to for a while but you've just been too busy dating other blokes." He said shrugging, a hint of bitterness invading his thoughts. Jaejoong spotted this and pouted at the unfair accusation.

"But you never stop me." Jaejoong mumbled.

"Should I have?" he asked in a frank tone. They both knew very well what the answer to that was but Yunho was curious to know if he had perhaps been too presumptuous. Seeing Jaejoong’s expression seemed to confirm his earlier presumption and his mood dropped slightly at the thought of Jaejoong with all those other guys and the fact that he probably wouldn’t have had much of a chance had he made his move earlier than now.

Jaejoong looked to his side at Yunho and he could have sworn that he saw a bit of sadness in Yunho's expression that resembled that which he felt in his heart. Jaejoong opened his mouth to speak but nothing would come out. Somehow the reality of his past and just how much Yunho knew about it made him feel ashamed. Even through Yunho had been his friend for so long and knew so much about him, he couldn’t help but worry about how Yunho’d seen him over the time that they had been together as friends. What did Yunho actually think of him? That question seemed to bother him all the way to their destination as they drove the rest of the way in silence.

"We're almost there." Yunho said out of nowhere, breaking Jaejoong's line of thought in doing so.

Jaejoong gazed out the left side of the windshield as they approached an enormous lot containing few sporadic cars facing a big white screen.

“How did I not know that Seoul has a drive-in cinema?” Jaejoong asked.

“It’s a well-kept secret.” Yunho smiled as he turned into a driveway. After paying the entry fees, they drove into the lot. Yunho chose one of the numerous empty spots, just slightly off centre from the big screen. Jaejoong was confused when he reversed and pivoted the truck around so that the trunk was facing the screen.

“Why are you parking like this? We can’t see the screen.”

Yunho scoffed mockingly and turned the engine off. “Try not to make it so obvious that this is your first time.” He opened his door and nearly skipped over to Jaejoong’s side to open his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter