Chapter 25

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." Changmin deadpanned before hanging up the call. "What was he doing there at this hour?"

He quickly dashed down from his bed. Putting on his shirt while running down the stairs, he can't stop thinking about his best friend. He hopped in the car and drove to the place, breaking all the speed limit. He yawned as he peered down the road before him trying to find the right exit. He shook his head as he turned at a corner and his sleepy eyes widening when he saw his friend standing under a dimmed street light.

Yunho immediately get in the car right away when it stopped in front of him. The first few minutes of the ride were quiet until Changmin spoke.

“You look like a wreck.”

Yunho doesn’t reply but Changmin noticed the panicked expression on his face. "Hey Yunho what happened to you? I thought you went back already by the time I went to look for you. I asked around but they all said they didn't see you. I called you phone but no answer.  How come you end up in that hotel?"

"I don't know, Changmin." He said running his fingers through his hair nervously. There were million things going through his head.

"What? Do you not remember anything from last night?"

Yunho shook his head. "Nope. I just remember waiting for you by the pool. That’s all." He tried to recall some events from last night’s partying but nothing came into his mind. It only worsened the throbbing of his head.

“Jesus, how do you not remember any of this?” His expression darkened.

Changmin’s voice increasing volume finally seems to bring Yunho to the realisation that his situation is very much real.

He turned his head to Changmin. His head still feels heavy and unclear but suddenly the fragments of memory begin to seep back into his brain as Changmin’s talking.

"Do you remember who was the last person you were talking to before you woke up in that hotel room?"

His pulse skipped when he thinks of her, the last person he talked to before he found himself on a bed in a hotel room.

Choi Sooyoung.

But he decided not to mention about it to Changmin. Not just yet. Yunho turned around to look out the car window, not answering.

"This is not good, Yunho."

Yunho sighed before answering. He seemed to be pretty calm given the situation he was in. "Someone is playing a trick on me, Changmin."

“So what are you going to do?” Changmin asked.

“I don’t know.” But his mind was thinking about Eunjung.

"Let just go to my house first. Just tell your umma that you slept in my house." Changmin said.

"Changmin." Yunho called.

"Yeah?"

"Don't mention anything about this to Jaejoong." Yunho groaned.

"I know Yunho. But Jaejoong will have to be told eventually, you know, something like this can't be shoved under the rug."

Yunho gave him an appreciative look. "It couldn't be anyway. I'll find a way to tell him. Just send me home."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Jaejoong woke up at hearing his alarm clock buzzing. He got up off the bed and made his way to the bathroom, looking at his horrible reflection. His eyes struck him the most. It had dark rings around them from lack of sleep.  They had lost their light, almost as if his will, his iron strong, unwavering will, had been crushed and simply disappeared. He heard his cell phone ringing on his study desk. He hesitated at first because it was an unknown number, but he still answered it.

''Good  morning beautiful,'' a husky voice melted through the phone.

Jaejoong groaned. ''Awww... Yihan, why are you calling me so early in the morning?'' He groaned, laying back onto his bed.

'Nothing special. Just wanted to hear your morning voice.' Yihan said childishly.

"Now that you've heard, I need to get ready for school."

'Jaejoong, wait.'

"What now?"

'Remember during barbeque dinner at your house, I said I will take you out for dinner?'

"Yes I remember you said that." Jaejoong set up straight on his bed waiting for Yihan to talk.

'So here I am now, calling to ask you about our dinner.'

"You're taking me to dinner?" Jaejoong repeat.

'Yes I am."

"But last night we just went out for movie and dinner, too."

'Jaejoong, last night was a movie night, now I’m talking about dinner night and I'm not asking you for tonight. My dad and mum wanted to go Samcheok Beach so we're leaving there in the afternoon for a couple of days. Can we go after I came back from this trip?'

Jaejoong was o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter