Hiding

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Daehyun had been happier over the following days. He had Baekhyun, (sort of). But now he wanted to know what Baekhyun was hiding. All of Suho's group was suspicious to him, even though they had been helping him since he moved there.

Daehyun looked over at Baekhyun as they walked home from school. Baekhyun was quiet, he was looking around and listening for any noises nearby.

Daehyun stopped walking and faced Baekhyun. 'Are you ok?'

'Huh?' Baekhyun turned to him. 'Oh yeah...I'm fine'.

'Why do you look so nervous?'

'I told you, Dae. This isn't safe'.

'Then why are we doing this?'

Baekhyun took his hand. 'Because I want to'.

Daehyun smiled.

'Can we go somewhere more private?' Baekhyun asked not letting go of Daehyun's hand.

'We can go to my place'. Daehyun said. 'My mom won't mind that you're there'.

Baekhyun looked at him and smirked. 'Already wanting to take me to your place? Don't think I'm that easy'.

Daehyun smiled. 'It's as private as I can get right now'.

'Ok'. Baekhyun squeezed his hand. 'Let's go'.

They started walking to Daehyun's house. Baekhyun kept looking around the whole time. He let go of Daehyun's hand when they got close to Suho's house. Daehyun looked at him confused. But Baekhyun ignored him. He just walked behind him till they were inside Daehyun's house.

Daehyun took Baekhyun to his room and shut the door. Baekhyun set his backpack on the floor and sat down on the bed. 

'So now what?' Daehyun asked as he sat next to Baekhyun

'We have to be careful now'. Baekhyun looked at him.

'But we're alone'.

'I know'. Baekhyun layed down on the bed.

'Can I ask you something?' Daehyun looked at him.

'What is it?'

'What's your relationship with the boys and Suho?'

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'Why?'

'Just curious since you all live together'.

Baekhyun sat up. 'We're just friends'.

'But what about your parents?'

Baekhyun looked at his lap. He hadn't thought about his parents for awhile.

'What is it?' Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's hand.

'My parents are dead'. Baekhyun said silently.

'What?' Daehyun hated he asked now. 'I'm sorry'.

'They were killed a few years ago. Suho found me and took me in. He took all the boys in. He's like our parent now. We're family'.

'It's good you have each other'. Daehyun said as he put his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Suho's done a lot for us. Which is why I hate breaking his rules, but I can't seem to stay away from you'.

'Why does he not what us together?' Daehyun asked. 'Did I do something wrong?'

Baekhyun smiled. 'No, he's just protective'.

Baekhyun put his head on Daehyun's shoulder. Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's forehead and rubbed his back.

 

Later, Daehyun got up and went downstairs to get drinks and snacks for him and Baekhyun.

While Daehyun was gone, Baekhyun heard howling nearby. He got up and looked out the window. He saw D.O and Lay in Daehyun's backyard sniffing around. He fell to the ground hoping they didn't see him in Daehyun's room.

Baekhyun reached up and closed the blinds on the window. Then he stood up and got back on the bed.

Daehyun had come back in the room with the food and drinks and set them on his nightstand.

Baekhyun reached for one of the drinks when he saw Daehyun start to open the blinds.

'Why are these closed?' Daehyun asked.

Baekhyun put his hand and Daehyun's. 'It was too bright in here. So I shut them'.

Daehyun shrugged and sat next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun held Daehyun's hand and put his head on his shoulder.

They both layed down on the bed. Daehyun looked over at Baekhyun.

'Are you sure you're ok with this? You seem really nervous'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'I've made my choice. And I'm sticking with it'.

Daehyun smiled. 'I'm glad you decided to give me a chance'.

'You seemed very determined to win me over'. Baekhyun looked at him.

'Have I won you over?' Daehyun rubbed Baekhyun's arm.

'Not completely, but you're getting there'.

Daehyun kissed him. They started to fall asleep in each other's arms.

 

Baekhyun woke up the next morning in Daehyun's arms. He didn't realize he fell asleep at Daehyun's house. Baekhyun got out of bed without waking Daehyun up. He grabbed his backpack and snuck out of the house. 

When he got outside, he remembered seeing D.O and Lay outside Daehyun's window. He looked around the corner and saw them still in the backyard. He waited till they weren't looking and ran to Suho's.

Baekhyun went inside the house and went to his room. He turned the light on and saw Suho awake waiting for him. Suho looked up at Baekhyun.

'Where have you been?' Suho asked.

'Nowhere'. Baekhyun sat down on the edge of his bed.

'You've been disappearing a lot lately. What's going on?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'I just need some time alone'.

'For what?' Suho eyed him carefully. 'You've never done this before'.

'I just need my space right now. I don't want to be around the boys all the time'.

'Since when? You've always been close with the other boys'.

'I don't need to explain myself. Just let me have my space'.

'What is going on with you, Baekhyun?' Suho sat next to him. 'This doesn't have to do with Daehyun does it?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'No. I don't care about him'.

'I've had the boys look for you all night'.

'I'm sorry. I didn't think it would be a problem for me to be alone since you don't want me to help protect Daehyun'.

'There are still other people to protect. You are still needed'.

'Fine. I won't do it again'.

'Good. I don't have time for you to be upset. Yongguk's group is still trying to recruit humans'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I know. I'll get back to focusing on that'.

Suho nodded. 'You're one of our best Baekhyun. Don't ruin it with this teenage drama'.

'I won't. I don't even think about Daehyun anymore'.

'Make sure it stays that way. He's in good hands with the others watching him'.

Baekhyun wanted to believe that. He felt he should be the one protecting Daehyun again. He'd make sure no one went near him.

'I know'. Baekhyun said. 'You always do your best protecting everyone you can'.

'We've been keeping an eye on Yongguk's group. Seems like they found another target'.

'Who?' 

'The newest kid at school'.

'You want me to watch them?'

'Probably. I'm still finding their address'.

Baekhyun layed down on the bed. 'Well let me know what you want me to do'.

'You know I will'. Suho said as he left the room.

Baekhyun layed on the bed thinking about what Suho said. If he were to look after someone else, he'd have less time to spend with Daehyun. Baekhyun sighed. This wasn't going to be easy to stay loyal to Suho, and find time to be Daehyun's boyfriend.

 

He didn't have time to worry about the situation for very long when Suho came back in the room.

'Baekhyun, we have to go now'.

'Why?' Baekhyun looked up at him.

'Yongguk's group is in town right now attacking humans'.

Baekhyun got off the bed and followed Suho out of the house. They transformed to their wolf forms and ran into town to catch up with the rest of the group.

Baekhyun heard s yelping in pain when he and Suho got closer to them.

When they got there, he saw Yongguk's group and s fighting. Baekhyun growled at them and started attacking them. He saw Chen and Sehun needed help fighting off Youngjae and Jongup, so he went over to them.

Suho went over and started attacking Yongguk. He had noticed Yongguk's group had gained a few new members. His group was having a harder time fighting off Yongguk's group. Suho's group had always out numbered them. Now it was a more even fight.

The two groups fought for awhile till Yongguk's group finally left. Suho's group changed back to their human forms and went over to each other. They were sore, bruised and bleeding.

'Yongguk has recruited new people'. Suho said. 'They are going to out number us if we don't stop them'.

The boys looked at each other. 'We'll do what we can to make sure that doesn't happen'. Xiumin said.

The boys nodded.

'We need this place to be safe again'. Suho looked at his group. 'We can't lose anyone else'.

Baekhyun looked at the ground, then he realized Daehyun was by himself right now.

'Who's watching Daehyun?' Baekhyun asked as he looked at s.

They looked at Baekhyun, then started heading back home as soon as they could.

Baekhyun felt someone grab his wrist. He turned around and saw Suho. He looked at him surprised.

'Why are you the one who brought up Daehyun's protection?' Suho asked.

Baekhyun stared at him. 'I realized we were all here fighting Yongguk's group. No one was watching Daehyun'.

Suho kept eyeing Baekhyun carefully.

'You're the one who always makes sure someone is watching Daehyun'. Baekhyun said.

'I needed everyone here to fight against Yongguk's group'.

'I know, but now that they're gone, Daehyun is unprotected'.

'You seem very concerned about him'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'You know I look out for everyone we protect'.

Suho sighed and took Baekhyun home. They went inside the house to clean up from their fight. Baekhyun went to the window and looked over at Daehyun's house. He was hoping Daehyun was ok. That they weren't too late getting back to him.