Fighter

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Daehyun sat on the couch in the living room staring off into space. He still couldn't believe he had just witnessed losing his lover. More importantly, he realized Taehyung was probably going to be more traumatized by seeing Baekhyun die than he was.

Chen sat next to Daehyun and put his hand on his shoulder. 'I'm really sorry, Daehyun. I wish we had been here to help Baekhyun'.

Daehyun looked down at his lap. His hatred of Yongguk growing stronger by the minute. 'I shouldn't of left him'. Daehyun whispered. 'But he wouldn't come inside after I begged him to. He was determined to protect us'.

Chen gave a small smile and squeezed Daehyun's shoulders. 'That's the kind of guy Baekhyun was. He always put others before himself. Especially you and Taehyung since you're his family'.

Daehyun put his head in his hands. 'Baekhyun and I fought so hard to be together, and now this...'

'Baekhyun wouldn't want you to dwell on what happened'. Chen said as he tried to comfort Daehyun. 'I know it's hard, but he'd want you to focus on Taehyung'.

Daehyun nodded. 'I know. And I will do everything I can to make sure no one hurts my son'.

 

On the other side of the room, Kai was trying to calm Taehyung down.

'Eomma!' Taehyung kept screaming as his face turned redder.

Kai hugged him and rubbed his back. 'It will be okay, Taehyung. We're here. It's okay'. He tried to comfort Taehyung, but even Kai was having a hard time believing his own words. He knew it wasn't easy for anyone to lose their parent. Especially after seeing them die right in front of their eyes.

'Shh'. Kai whispered in his ear as he kept rubbing Taehyung's back.

 

Xiumin and Sehun went inside the house a few minutes later. They sat in the chairs across from Chen and Daehyun.

'What happened?' Sehun asked as he looked at Daehyun.

Daehyun looked over at Sehun and said one word. 'Yongguk'.

'What?' The boys said as they got closer to Daehyun.

'Why would he show up now?' Xiumin asked.

'Yongguk probably came for Taehyung'. Daehyun said looking around at the boys. 'Baekhyun tried to fight him off to protect us, but Yongguk managed to kill him...' Daehyun trailed off as he felt tears forming at the thought of losing Baekhyun.

Daehyun could feel the anger rising inside of him. He stood up and punched the nearest wall as hard as he could.

The boys, including Taehyung, jumped at the sound.

Daehyun turned towards them still clenching his fist.

Sehun stood up and went over to Daehyun. 'Let us know what we can do for you'. He said as he tried to keep Daehyun from throwing anymore punches.

'You want to do something?' Daehyun asked. His eyes and voice getting darker and deeper. 'Kill Yongguk'. He said. 'I don't care what you have to do. Just kill him so we can be done with him once and for all'.

The boys nodded in agreement. It's something they had been wanting to do for a long time.

'Baekhyun would of wanted you to stop at nothing to kill him'. Daehyun said. 'After everything he's done to us, he needs to be destroyed'.

'We'll do what we can'. Chen said. 'We promise'.

Daehyun sat back on the couch and looked at the boys. They could tell Daehyun's vampire side was coming out, so they kept their guard up but kept listening to him.

'What you need to understand is that Yongguk took Baekhyun's parents away from him. And now he's taken Baekhyun away from Taehyung'.

The boys sat in shock as they realized the connection.

'He's repeating history'. Xiumin looked at Daehyun. 'You could be next'. He said horrified.

Daehyun nodded. 'The most important thing is keeping Taehyung safe. That was Baekhyun's main concern'.

The boys agreed. 'We will keep your son safe'.

Kai looked at Taehyung, and noticed he had fallen asleep from all the crying.

'Good, he's finally asleep'. Kai whispered.

He stood up and took Taehyung to his room. He layed him in his bed and covered him with his blanket. He stared at Taehyung for a few seconds, seeing the once carefree, happy kid's world turned upside down. He knew Taehyung wasn't going to be the same after today.

 

Since Baekhyun's death, the boys were more determined to do everything they could to make sure Taehyung was safe. One boy would be keeping guard outside the house. One would stay in Taehyung's room to watch over him. One would stay in the hallway. And the other one would stay by Daehyun's room to make sure everyone in the house was protected. They would take turns every night watching each station of the house. They wanted to protect Taehyung for Baekhyun. It was their way of keeping their promise to Baekhyun, and they didn't want to break it.

 

*A few months later*

 

Daehyun and Taehyung were starting to act like their normal selves again. But they still got upset whenever Baekhyun was mentioned. 

Daehyun was doing his best to raise Taehyung with the help of the boys. They helped Daehyun a lot with Taehyung treating him like a little brother. Daehyun was happy to see Taehyung could count on the boys like family. It's what he needed most to help him move on with his life.

 

One day, Kai went upstairs to Taehyung's room and knocked on the door, but didn't get a response. Kai opened the door and went inside. He looked around and saw Taehyung laying down on his bed.

'Taehyung, are you ready to eat?' He asked as he walked over to him.

Taehyung shook his head.

'Why not?'

Taehyung sighed. 'I've been doing a lot of thinking'.

Kai kneeled down next to Taehyung's bed. 'What about?'

Taehyung sat up and looked at Kai. 'Eomma'.

Kai sighed and rubbed Taehyung's shoulder. 'It's going to take time. But just know, he loved you very much. He risked his life for you every day'.

'Who was the guy that hurt him?'

'You don't need to know this now, Tae'. Kai said squeezing Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung grabbed Kai's hand and squeezed it. 'Please uncle Kai. I'm old enough to know'.

Kai sighed and nodded. He told him all about Yongguk and his group. What they did to humans, Daehyun and Baekhyun.

Taehyung sat in silence as Kai talked. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

'Why would he hurt all those people?'

Kai shrugged. 'He's a very bad man. The vampire virus is messing up his sense of right and wrong'.

Taehyung looked at Kai confused. 'But appa and I are vampires'.

Kai smiled and pushed Taehyung's hair off his forehead. 'You and your appa don't hurt people like Yongguk does. You're good vampires. Plus you're half wolf'.

Taehyung smiled and looked at Kai. 'Uncle Kai. Can you do something for me?'

Kai looked at him confused. 'What?'

Taehyung's expression turned serious as he looked at Kai. Kai was shocked when he heard the next words come out of Taehyung's mouth. 'Teach me to fight'.

'Fight?'

Taehyung nodded. 'Eomma taught me some things about fighting. But I want to learn more so I can fight Yongguk'.

'Tae'. Kai gave a small smile. 'You're not old enough to fight Yongguk. He's a big, strong guy'.

'Teach me to fight him till I'm ready'.

Kai couldn't help but smile at Taehyung. He saw the same passion and determination in him that he always saw in Baekhyun. It made him love Taehyung even more than he already did.

'Alright. I'll teach you'.

Taehyung smiled and lead Kai outside by the hand.

'Let's get started'. Taehyung said excitedly.

 

Over the next few months, Kai, Xiumin, Chen and Sehun spent hours teaching Taehyung how to fight. They would got outside and turn into their wolf forms showing Taehyung different ways to fight an opponent.

Daehyun would go outside with the boys and watch them. Daehyun hated that Taehyung had to grow up having learn how to fight incase someone tried to hurt him. He was understanding why Baekhyun wanted Taehyung to have a normal life. He didn't deserve to grow up living in fear.

Daehyun sat down by the nearest tree and looked down at the ground next to him. He saw that he was next to the spot Xiumin and Sehun burried Baekhyun.

Daehyun put his hand on the ground and ran his hand over it.

'I'm sorry I couldn't save you this time, Baek'. Daehyun bit his lip as he kept running his hand over the ground. 'I promise I will protect Taehyung for you. I'll make sure Yongguk doesn't hurt our son'.

Xiumin came up behind Daehyun and overheard him talking to Baekhyun's grave. He went over and put his hand on Daehyun's shoulder. 'Sorry to interrupt'. Xiumin said.

Daehyun wiped his eyes quickly and turned to Xiumin. 'It's fine. What's going on?'

'We're wondering if you can help us with Taehyung. We want to teach him how to attack a vampire. He's gotten used to attacking us'.

Daehyun nodded. 'Sure'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun's grave one more time before joining Taehyung and the boys.

Kai tried to explain to Taehyung where to attack on a vampire by using Daehyun as an example.

Daehyun let Taehyung practice attacking him. He was even picking up pointers from Kai that he found useful.

'I know I don't have much of my vampire strength left. But I want to help fight Yongguk too'. Daehyun said. 'I feel I let Baekhyun down so many times since I wasn't a fighter like he was'. Daehyun looked around at the boys. 'Can you teach me how to fight too?'

The boys smiled and nodded.

'Don't worry. We'll teach you'.

Daehyun smiled. He wanted to help Taehyung get revenge for Baekhyun's death. He was going to stop at nothing till Yongguk was dead.

 

In the distance, Suho stood outside watching Daehyun and the boys practice fighting. He was intrigued and wondered why they were practicing fight now.

As Suho watched them, he noticed that Baekhyun wasn't there. He found that odd since Baekhyun was always by Daehyun's side.

Suho slowly got closer to the boys. As he walked towards them, he lost his balance and tripped on a mound of dirt.

He got up and looked at the dirt and saw that it was a grave. He was confused on why it was there of all places.

He kneeled down next to it and saw a small plaque marker. His heart dropped when he saw Baekhyun's name written on the top of it. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. 'Baekhyun's dead'? He whispered to himself.

Suho looked up at the boys and saw Taehyung in the middle of them. It was his first time seeing Taehyung since he was born. Suho watched him carefully. He saw how strong Taehyung was as he practiced fighting against the boys. He was impressed as he saw the similarity to Baekhyun. 

Suho got an idea and started heading over to Taehyung and the boys.