Bonding

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Daehyun went upstairs after Xiumin, Chen, Kai and Sehun left. He found Baekhyun changing clothes and getting ready for bed. Baekhyun didn't say anything to Daehyun when he saw him.

'Are you ok?' Daehyun asked walking up to Baekhyun and wrapping his arms around his waist.

Baekhyun nodded 'Yeah'. He whispered.

'Are you sure?' Daehyun pulled away and looked at Baekhyun carefully.

Baekhyun sighed and pulled away from Daehyun. 'I just don't know if we can trust the boys. I still think they're up to something and it's up to the two of us to protect Taehyung'.

Daehyun moved the hair off Baekhyun's forehead and caressed his cheek. 'We can keep an eye on them and see if they mean what they said about helping us'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I just don't know. I trusted Kai to help me with you, but he couldn't find the courage to stand up against Suho'.

Baekhyun got out of Daehyun's embrace and sat on the bed. 'I don't want to risk that with Taehyung'. He said as he looked down at his hands.

Daehyun sat down next to Baekhyun and put his hand on his. 'It will be ok'. Daehyun said squeezing Baekhyun's hand. 

'I hope so'. Baekhyun put his head on Daehyun's shoulder. 'Taehyung's life is really important to me. I'd rather die then have something happen to him'.

Daehyun kissed the top of Baekhyun's head and held him in his arms.

 

As Daehyun and Baekhyun held each other, Baekhyun heard Taehyung making sounds in his crib and went to check on him. He picked him up and changed him. Then he tried to rock him back to sleep.

As Baekhyun walked around with Taehyung, he saw movement outside the window. He jumped back and held Taehyung closer to him.

Baekhyun slowly made his way over to the window and tried to figure out what the movement was that he saw. He was worried it was Suho or Yongguk.

It was dark so he could hardly see anything as he looked out the window, but then he saw a figure move closer to the house. 

Baekhyun backed away from the window again. He suddenly saw that the figure was a wolf. He sighed in relief when he realized it was Chen in his wolf form. He sat next to the tree then started sniffing around outside. He was glad Chen kept his promise about guarding the house at night.

Daehyun saw Baekhyun staring out the window when he came back in the room and went over to him.

'What is it?' He asked.

'I saw movement outside'. Baekhyun said still looking out the window. 'But it's Chen'.

Daehyun looked out the window and saw a wolf outside guarding their house.

'He kept his promise'. Daehyun said.

Baekhyun smiled. 'Yes, he did'.

'So, they meant what they said about wanting to protect Taehyung'.

Baekhyun looked down at Taehyung in his arms and saw he had fallen back asleep. Baekhyun kissed the top of his head and layed him back in the crib.

Daehyun went behind Baekhyun and rubbed his shoulders. 'See, it will be okay'.

Baekhyun leaned against Daehyun and kissed him. 'I hope you're right'.

 

Over the months, Baekhyun would look out the window before going to bed, making sure one of the boys was outside guarding the house. He felt better knowing they were keeping their promise of protecting Taehyung.

Baekhyun would let the boys come over and spend time with Taehyung now that he knew he could trust them.

Taehyung always got excited for their visits. As soon as he saw Xiumin, Chen, Kai and Sehun, he turned into his wolf form ready to play.

The boys would turn into their wolf forms and start playing with Taehyung till he got tired.

 

Baekhyun felt comfortable leaving Taehyung with the boys so he and Daehyun could spend some time alone together.

They would leave the house and go to their spot by the river. It had been so long since they had been there, Baekhyun had forgotten how peaceful it was.

Baekhyun stood next to the river and stared at it. Listening to the wind blow around him and the water running down stream.

Daehyun smiled and went over to Baekhyun and held him in his arms.

Baekhyun leaned back against his chest. For the first time in awhile he didn't feel so worried about their situation.

Daehyun leaned down and started kissing Baekhyun's neck.

Baekhyun smiled and squeezed Daehyun's arm. 

'I think you're right, Dae'.

'About?' Daehyun asked between kisses.

Baekhyun turned to face him and stared in his eyes.

'That everything's going to be okay'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed Baekhyun. 'As long as Taehyung is happy and we have Xiumin, Kai, Chen and Sehun's help. It will be'. He said as he kissed him again.

'This is the first time I've seen you relaxed since having Taehyung'.

Baekhyun ran his hand on Daehyun's arm and squeezed it. 'Because now that I know the boys kept their promise, I feel like Taehyung will be okay. That's all that matters to me is that Taehyung is safe and happy'.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun to him and held him tight. 

Baekhyun felt Daehyun kiss the top of his head. He was happy he had Daehyun by his side. He wouldn't change it for anything.

 

At the house, Taehyung and the boys had stopped playing to eat dinner. Kai went into the kitchen to find something to feed Taehyung. He looked through the cabinets and fridge and found a note from Baekhyun on one of the packages.

'Feed this to Taehyung'

Kai took the food out of the fridge and went over to Taehyung.

Taehyung got excited when he saw Kai bring the food over to him. He reached out his hands and started grabbing it.

'Hey!' Kai yelled and dropped the food in front of Taehyung. 'That's my finger'. 

Taehyung ignored him and started scooping the food into his mouth.

The boys watched as Taehyung ate, getting his food all over his mouth.

'What is he eating?' Xiumin asked.

'Looks like raw meat'. Sehun said.

Kai looked at them confused. 'He is part wolf. Wolves eat raw meat all the time'.

'I never have'. Xiumin said looking at Kai.

'None of us have'. Chen said.

'He's different than us though. The vampire side might like the blood from it'.

The boys watched Taehyung eat till he was done, then cleaned up his mess.

 

The boys took Taehyung to the living room and put him on the floor next to his toys. Taehyung sat on the floor and looked at the boys confused.

'What is it?' Chen asked as he looked at Taehyung.

Taehyung pointed in Kai's direction and tried to tell them what he wanted. But he still couldn't talk yet.

The boys looked at each other trying to figure out what Taehyung wanted.

Taehyung started screaming when they couldn't understand him.

'We don't know what you want'. Sehun said trying to explain to Taehyung.

Taehyung crawled over to the couch and grabbed Kai's leg to help him stand. Then he grabbed Kai's pants and started to crawl in his lap.

Kai grabbed him and sat him in his lap. 'You just wanted to be held?' He asked as he looked at Taehyung.

'Ba!' Taehyung pointed in Chen's direction.

'What?' He asked.

Chen looked around and saw a book next to him. 'Is this what you want?' He asked picking up the book.

Taehyung reached out for it, telling him he wanted it.

Chen handed the book to Kai. Kai grabbed the book and showed it to an excited Taehyung.

'Ok, let's read it'. Kai said as he opened the book and started reading.

Taehyung leaned back on Kai's chest and listened as he read his favorite story.

 

While Kai was reading to Taehyung, Chen turned to Xiumin and Sehun.

'One of us needs to go outside to guard the house. It's getting late'.

'I'll do it'. Sehun said standing up and going outside.

Chen and Xiumin stayed inside and waited for Kai to finish reading to Taehyung.

When Kai finished reading Taehyung his book, he noticed Taehyung was starting to fall asleep.

Kai put the book down and held Taehyung in his arms as he slept.

 

A couple hours later, Daehyun and Baekhyun came home. They went to the living room and found the boys, minus Sehun, sitting on the couch.

Baekhyun went over to Kai when he saw Taehyung had fallen asleep on him. He picked him up and held him.

'How was he?' Baekhyun asked the boys.

'Great'. Kai said standing up. 'He's a great kid'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'I really appreciate you watching him and protecting him'.

Kai got closer to Baekhyun. 'It's fine. I owe you'.

'Just keep Taehyung safe. It's all I ask'.

Kai nodded.

'Where's Sehun?' Baekhyun asked when he noticed he wasn't there.

'He's outside guarding the house'. Chen said.

'We must of missed him cause we didn't see him out there'. Daehyun said looking at the boys.

 

Sehun paced back and forth outside looking for Suho and Yongguk. But saw neither one of them. He did see Daehyun and Baekhyun come home. So he waited for Chen, Kai and Xiumin to come outside.

As he waited, he heard rustling in the bushes near him. Sehun sat up straighter and listened carefully for the source of the noise.

He started hearing twigs breaking and leaves crunching. He heard it getting louder and closer to him.

Sehun started growling and got ready to attack whoever it was.

As he looked around, he felt someone grab his shoulder. Sehun turned around and got ready to attack when he came face to face with Suho.

'What the hell are you doing outside Daehyun's house?' Suho asked.