Jealousy

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Daehyun was frustrated about Baekhyun. He didn't understand why Baekhyun was acting the way he was. Daehyun was starting to wonder if Baekhyun was really worth all this stress, confusion and secrets. 

Daehyun's parents noticed he had bein acting differently lately. Not spending time with his new friends. They were starting to worry about him.

After school, Daehyun went up to his room and shut the door. He layed down on the bed and covered his face with the pillow. He had been avoiding Baekhyun all day. He wasn't going to keep wasting his time on him when Baekhyun was clearly not interested in him. 

As Daehyun layed on his bed, he heard a knock on his door. He didn't move from his spot. He heard the door open shortly after.

'Daehyun?' He heard his mom's voice.

'Hmm?' He said from under the pillow.

'Is everything alright?'

'Yeah'. Came a muffled reply.

'Why aren't you with your friends?'

Daehyun sighed and removed the pillow. 'They have other plans'. He lied.

'You haven't been hanging out with them much lately'.

'It's not a big deal. I'll see them at school'.

Mrs. Jung sat on the edge of Daehyun's bed. 'What is really bothering you?'

'Nothing'.

'Dae, I know you. You're not acting like yourself'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I just want to go home. I don't like it here'.

'Even with your new friends?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'This whole place is weird. Everyone has secrets here. It's hard to get close to anyone'. Daehyun looked at his bed. 'The other place was better'.

Mrs. Jung put her hand on Daehyun's. 'I'm sorry you're not happy here. But we aren't moving back. Your father needs to focus on his job. He is enjoying it here'.

Daehyun sighed again. He wanted to get away from here and everyone.

 

Daehyun kept to himself while he was at school. During his class with Baekhyun, he sat at a different desk before the class started. He saw Baekhyun walk into the room and look around confused when he noticed Daehyun wasn't sitting next to him. Daehyun ignored it and tried to focus on the teacher. But during the class, he kept sneaking glimpses of Baekhyun. He really hated Baekhyun had this effect on him.

Daehyun left the class as fast as he could when the bell rang. He went over to his locker and grabbed his books. He shut the locker and saw Baekhyun behind him. They stared at each other for a while. Daehyun's heart started beating faster as he took in Baekhyun's features. 

'Pretty sad that you had to resort to moving seats to be away from me'.

Daehyun glared at him. 'Isn't that what you wanted? For me to leave you alone?'

'Yes, but why move to a seat where you can still see me?'

Daehyun's eyes got wide. 'What?'

Baekhyun smirked. 'I saw you looking at me'.

'No I wasn't'.

'I told you, you're not good at hiding your feelings'.

Daehyun kept glaring at him. 'And I told you I can't control my feelings'.

Baekhyun stepped away from him. 'Well, I'm going to make it easier on you'.

Daehyun looked at him confused. 'What are you talking about?'

'I'm changing classes. We won't see each other anymore'.

Daehyun's eyes got wide. 'Why are you being such a jerk about this?'

'I'm not. I'm trying to help you with your feelings. You don't see me, you will forget about me.'

'Why do you hate me so much?'

'I don't hate you. It's just better this way'.

'What about you being so concerned about protecting me?'

'You said you don't need protection. Besides, Sehun is in that class to keep Yongguk away'.

'Tell me why it's such a big deal that I like you?'

'You don't even know me. This is just a crush that will eventually go away. So, focus on someone else who wants to be with you'.

Baekhyun walked away leaving Daehyun alone, hurt and confused.

 

Baekhyun left the school and ran into Suho right outside the doors.

'Did you do it?' Suho asked.

Baekhyun nodded. 'You knew he liked me, so why did you have me watch him at night?'

They walked away from the school so no one could hear them.

'That was my mistake. I didn't think it would be a big deal since he didn't know it was you at night'.

'He was still interested in me'.

'He hasn't been interested in any of the other boys at night'.

Baekhyun looked at the ground as they walked.

'There's something about you that's attracting him to you'.

Baekhyun shrugged. 'I never had this problem with anyone else'.

'Being separated from him might help. We'll see what happens'.

Baekhyun stopped walking and looked at Suho. 'Is it really that dangerous for him to have feelings for one of us?'

'You know we can't be with humans. It's dangerous and forbidden'. Suho looked at Baekhyun carefully. 'You don't like Daehyun do you?'

'Of course not'. Baekhyun said quickly. 

Suho put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'Make sure it stays that way. We don't need a repeat of what happened with Kai'.

Baekhyun remembered Kai had fallen for a human girl. They were in love for a few months. She had accidentally found out their secret, she got scared and tried to kill Kai thinking he was a monster.

'Do you want the same thing to happen to you?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I know its dangerous for us and the human'.

'Don't forget it's forbidden for a reason. They can kill us, we could kill them. We can't mix with humans'.

'I know'. Baekhyun sighed.

'Keeping you two separated is the best thing I can think of for both you and Daehyun'.

'You think I can't control myself around Daehyun?'

'You do have a temper on you sometimes. And he does seem to irritate you'.

'He's too curious about everything'.

'We'll try and get him to stop thinking about you'.

 

* 3 weeks later *

 

Daehyun was starting to get used to not being around Baekhyun. He was able to focus on school more. He only saw Baekhyun during lunch. They were not talking to each other. They were pretending the other didn't exist.

Baekhyun was starting to act like his old self. Being happy and joking around with the rest of the boys in the group. He was happy to not have to worry about Daehyun and his feelings for him.

During lunch one day, Baekhyun saw Daehyun wasn't sitting by himself, there was a boy at his table. Baekhyun ignored it, it wasn't his problem anyway. But he kept finding himself looking over at Daehyun. He and the boy were getting pretty close to each other.

The boys noticed Baekhyun wasn't paying attention to them.

'Baek?' Chanyeol said. But Baekhyun ignored him.

Chen grabbed Baekhyun's arm. 'Hey!'

Baekhyun turned to them. 'What?'

'What were you looking at?' Xiumin asked.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'Nothing'.

They looked at each other and kept talking.

Baekhyun looked over at Daehyun again. He and the boy were sitting closer. Baekhyun didn't know why, but it annoyed him seeing them like that. He kept watching them for a few minutes. Then before he knew it, they started kissing.

Baekhyun turned away and grabbed his tray. He stood up. Everyone looked at him.

'Where are you going?' Suho asked.

'I have to go to the bathroom'. Baekhyun lied. He walked away trying to not look over at Daehyun again.

 

Baekhyun had disappeared for the rest of school. He left the building before he exposed their secret. Suho was right, his temper was a problem. He needed to control it. But he didn't know why he was so upset about seeing Daehyun kiss someone else. He didn't like him. He couldn't be with him.

Baekhyun sat by the river trying to think things through. Then he started hearing people close by. He recognized Daehyun's voice. Baekhyun didn't want Daehyun to see him, so he transformed to his wolf form and hid in the bushes.

He watched as Daehyun and the other boy walked passed him. Baekhyun kept his distance as he started following them. He saw they were holding hands as they walked.

Baekhyun had to suppress his growls that were wanting to escape. He didn't want to blow his cover. 

Daehyun took the boy to his place. They went inside. Baekhyun went to the back of the house. He could see Daehyun's bedroom from there. He hid in the bushes again and watched Daehyun's window. He couldn't really see anything going on. But he waited for the boy to leave.

The boy left a few hours later. Baekhyun was glad to see him finally leave. He had growled and glared at him. The boy looked around confused but kept walking home.

Baekhyun stayed in his spot outside Daehyun's window. He was still wondering why he was getting jealous when he's the one that pushed Daehyun away. He had no reason to be jealous when he and Daehyun couldn't even be together.

Baekhyun heard the back door open, he saw Daehyun walk out of the house. He got out of the bushes and ran as fast as he could before Daehyun saw him.