Plan B

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Baekhyun stared at Daehyun when he turned to him. Daehyun looked at him confused.

Baekhyun felt how cold Daehyun's skin had become. It upset him to know what happened to Daehyun was real. He was hoping this was all a nightmare he would soon wake up from.

Daehyun looked down at Baekhyun's hand on him and suddenly pulled away from him. 'Don't touch me'.

Baekhyun looked at him surprised. 'You still don't remember anything?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'I don't remember anything before waking up surrounded by you wolves'.

'Then why are you here?' Baekhyun pointed at the river.

'I was hunting till you interrupted me'.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'You were just standing here. You weren't hunting'.

Daehyun glared at him. 'Do you even know how we hunt?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'All I know is that you shouldn't be one of those things'.

Daehyun got close to him and stared at him.

Baekhyun looked back at him and saw how cold his eyes looked. He didn't have the same love and concern in his eyes Baekhyun was used to.

'There will be more of us'. Daehyun said. 'As long as you and rest of those beasts stay away from us'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'That will never happen. We won't let anymore humans turn into you evil things'.

'We are more powerful than you. We will win'.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and shook his head. He still couldn't believe this was happening.

'Dae, please remember who you used to be'.

'This is who I've always been'. Daehyun said. 'Why won't you accept that?'

'Because I know it's not true'. Baekhyun looked at him carefully. 'You were loving and caring once'.

'I don't believe you'. Daehyun said. 'Just leave me alone'.

Baekhyun watched as Daehyun walked away from him. He hated not knowing what to do to help Daehyun get his memories back.

 

Baekhyun hadn't seen Daehyun since the day at the river. Not even at school. Baekhyun left his last class and went to get his books out of his locker. He turned the dial on the locker and got ready to open it when he felt someone stop him. He looked up and saw Youngjae's hand on his locker. Baekhyun glared at him.

'Get away from my locker'. Baekhyun growled.

'Someone is an upset puppy'. Youngjae said.

Baekhyun slapped Youngjae's hand away. 'Leave me alone before I kill you'.

Youngjae looked at him offended. 'Now, what did I do to you? I just got here'.

Baekhyun kept glaring at him. 'You really want to do this here?'

'I'm not doing anything. Just having a conversation'. Youngjae smiled slyly.

'If you don't get away from me, I will kill you right now. I don't care who sees'.

'You know Suho wouldn't be happy with you for blowing your secret'. Youngjae said. 'Now, I could care less. I look forward to taking you and that sorry group of yours down. I'll even bring Daehyun along to enjoy the show'.

Baekhyun threw his books on the floor and shoved Youngjae against the wall. 'You keep Daehyun out of this. He shouldn't be one of you'.

'He is one of us now'. Youngjae smiled. 'You need to get over it'.

Baekhyun glared at him and punched him in the face before feeling someone pull him away from Youngjae.

'Let me go!' Baekhyun yelled.

'Shut up'. Suho said as he dragged Baekhyun out of the building.

Baekhyun kept trying to get out of Suho's grip.

'Stop it'. Suho said.

'No!' Baekhyun yelled. 'I'm not done kicking Youngjae's '.

Suho let Baekhyun go once they were far away from the school.

'Look Baekhyun, I know you're still upset, but you can't start fights at school with Yongguk's group'.

'I didn't start it!' Baekhyun yelled. 'I was minding my own business when Youngjae approached me and started teasing me about Daehyun'.

Suho sighed. 'You need to forget Daehyun. He's gone. We will have to kill him some day'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'You touch Daehyun, I won't hesitate to hurt you'.

Suho looked at him surprised. 'You're picking saving a vampire over me?'

Baekhyun looked at the ground. 'I'm sorry. But Daehyun is more important to me'.

'What did he do to you to make you change this much?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'He was the missing piece I was searching for'.

'What do you mean?'

'I didn't want to do this anymore. I wanted a normal life. Daehyun was the one who made me feel human for once'.

'You had seemed a little off before Daehyun showed up'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'It's not that I don't appreciate everything you've done for me. I just wanted to live a normal life without having to worry about fighting Yongguk's group every day. But now that Daehyun is one of them and doesn't remember me, I don't know what to do'.

Suho put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'I'm sorry. But I need you to help us right now. Yongguk's group is only going to get stronger. We can't lose anyone from the team'.

'Then, can you promise me something?' Baekhyun looked at him.

'What?'

'If I help you and we save Daehyun, will you let me be with Daehyun?'

Suho sighed. 'I can't promise that'.

'Why not?'

'Even if he remembers you, he's still a vampire. Our enemy'.

'There has to be something we can do'. Baekhyun sighed. 

 

The next day, Baekhyun went to see Junhong after school. He knocked on the door when he got to his house.

Junhong opened the door and let Baekhyun inside.

'Back again?' He asked.

Baekhyun nodded and sat down on the couch.

'What can I do for you?' Junhong asked. 'Did you get your boyfriend to remember?'

'No'. Baekhyun shook his head. 'He still doesn't remember anything before getting bit'.

'I'm sorry'.

'Is there anything else that helped you become less like a vampire?' Baekhyun looked at him.

'Well...' Junhong bit his lip. 'Yes, there is'.

Baekhyun sat up straight. 'What?'

Junhong got up and left the room. 

Baekhyun looked at him confused when he left. But waited for him to come back in the room.

Junhong came back a couple minutes later and gave Baekhyun a vial.

'What's this?' Baekhyun asked as he looked at the vial in his hands.

'That is still a work in progress'.

Baekhyun gave him a confused look.

'It's an experimental liquid I've been using to get rid of the vampire virus'.

'Why is it still experimental?'

'There's still some side effects I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of'.

'But does the overall result work?'

Junhong nodded. 'It has helped me a lot so far. I don't feel the need to hunt people anymore. I'm starting to eat human food again. I feel less like a vampire after a few doses of that'.

'Can I try it on my boyfriend?'

Junhong shrugged. 'You can try. But I can't guarantee it will work'.

'I'll try anything at this rate'. Baekhyun said putting the vial in his bag. 'I want to help my boyfriend as soon as possible'.

'It's best to give him a shot with the antidote I gave you'.

Baekhyun's eyes got wide. 'How am I supposed to give him a shot when he won't let me get near him?'

Junhong shrugged. 'A shot is the best way for the antidote to work'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'You wouldn't happen to have a syringe I can use do you?'

Junhong smiled and left the room again. He came back with two unopened syringes and gave them to Baekhyun.

'What if this doesn't work?' Baekhyun asked.

'I'm still perfecting the antidote. So come back and check on it if the one I gave you doesn't work'.

'Thank you'. Baekhyun said as he stood up.

'I hope it works out for you'. Junhong smiled.

'Me too. This is my last hope'.

'I'm doing what I can to help stop Yongguk's group. Just like you are'. Junhong said. 'I'll keep working on the antidote and anything else I can to help you stop Yongguk's group'.

'Thank you'. Baekhyun smiled. 'I appreciate it'.

Baekhyun left Junhong's house and started heading home. 

Baekhyun kept trying to think of a way to get Daehyun alone so he could give him the antidote.

 

*One week later*

 

Baekhyun went to the river with the antidote Junhong gave him in his pocket. He kept the antidote with him at all times just in case he ran into Daehyun.

Baekhyun sat down at his favorite spot by the river. He was hoping he'd run into Daehyun again while he was there.

Baekhyun started to fall asleep against the tree when he heard someone walk up next to him. 

Baekhyun opened his eyes and found Daehyun standing above him and looking at him.

'Why are you always here?' Daehyun asked.

'This is my spot'. Baekhyun glared at him. 'I spent time here way before you ever did'.

'Well this is my spot now'. Daehyun said. 'So leave'.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. 'I'm not leaving. You leave'.

Daehyun glared at him. 'Why are you so stubborn?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'I don't like people telling me what to do'.

'Fine. The river is big enough, I'll find another spot'. Daehyun said as he started to walk away.

'Daehyun, wait!' Baekhyun called after him.

Daehyun turned around and looked at Baekhyun. 'What?'

Baekhyun stood up and went over to him. 'Why have you been coming to the river lately?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'I like it here. But it would be better if I didn't run into you every time I come here'.

'You don't remember this place?' Baekhyun asked. 

'I told you, I don't remember anything'.

'You're coming here for a reason'.

'What's that?' Daehyun asked.

'This was our place'. Baekhyun said getting closer to Daehyun. 'You and I spent a lot of time here together'.

Daehyun raised his eyebrow. 'I don't believe that'.

'It's true'. Baekhyun said. 'You kissed me by that tree'. 

Daehyun looked over at the tree. 'Why would I kiss you?'

'Because you loved me since the day you moved here'.

'Why would I love a wolf?'

'You didn't know I was a wolf then'. Baekhyun kept trying to get closer to Daehyun. He pulled the syringe out of his pocket but kept it out of Daehyun's view. 'You did everything you could to be with me'.

'You're lying'. Daehyun said.

'No, I'm not'. Baekhyun reached over and touched Daehyun's hand. 'We loved each other. But you got taken from me'.

Daehyun stared at Baekhyun as he got closer to him and put his arm around his neck.

'Please remember, Dae'. Baekhyun whispered in his ear.

Daehyun was about to pull away from Baekhyun, when he felt something sting his neck. 

Baekhyun pulled the syringe away and watched as Daehyun fell into his arms unconscious.

Baekhyun hoped he didn't hurt Daehyun. He didn't remember Junhong say anything about the antidote knocking the vampire out. He just said there was side effects.

Baekhyun put Daehyun over his shoulder and took him home. He knew the boys weren't going to like this.