Complications

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Baekhyun ran as fast as he could to get away from Daehyun, he didn't feel safe at that moment. He quickly ran back home.

Suho was awake when he got there. Baekhyun transformed back to his human form and sat down next to him.

Suho looked over at Baekhyun surprised. 'What are you doing here? You're supposed to be guarding Daehyun'.

'I can't do it'. Baekhyun pulled his knees to his chest. 'He's getting too curious about me'.

Suho looked at him confused. 'What do you mean?'

'It's like he's waiting for me at night'. Baekhyun said. 'I hardly ever see him asleep. He's always awake when I'm there, staring at me'.

Suho sighed. 'I told you he has taken a liking to you. Apparently both sides of you'.

'But he doesn't know it's me at night'. Baekhyun looked at him. 

'He's never seen a wolf up close, remember? So he's taken an interest in you as a wolf'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'He's the first human I've seen that doesn't sleep at night'.

'He did say the howling woke him up the other night'. Suho looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun sat up and pointed to his sleeping group members. 'Hey, I'm not the only one howling at night. Most of the time it's them making all the howling noises'. Baekhyun glared at them. 'Tell them to be more quiet so I can do my job, and so Daehyun sleeps at night so he doesn't find out our secret'.

'I'll talk to them.' Suho said. 'I'll tell them to communicate only if it's an emergency'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Good'.

'But we still need to guard Daehyun. Right now he's unprotected'. Suho looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I'm not going back there'.

'Why not?'

'Not only is Daehyun curious about me, he tried to pet me'.

Suho looked at him shocked. 'What? Why?'

'I don't know. He's crazy. I ran away before he did anything'.

'Daehyun still needs protecting'.

Baekhyun didn't move from his spot.

Suho looked at Baekhyun and sighed. He stood up and went over to the boys. He woke up D.O and told him to watch over Daehyun the rest of the night.

Baekhyun knew Suho was upset with him. But he couldn't be around Daehyun. It was too dangerous.

 

Daehyun had hoped to see the white wolf again the next night. He waited in his room and looked out the window. He didn't see anything for awhile. He almost started to fall asleep when he heard rusting outside. He looked back out the window and saw a wolf, but it wasn't the white wolf, this one was darker, and had a colored pattern to his fur. Daehyun saw how different this wolf acted. The white one always sat still in one spot, this one was sniffing around and pacing back and forth.

Daehyun had wondered why this one would showed up instead of the white one. He looked at the wolf for a few minutes, then sighed and layed down on his bed and tried to sleep.

 

When the weekend came, Daehyun decided  to walk around and explore the town. He needed to get out and clear his head. He had a lot of questions he wanted answered, but he didn't know if anyone would be able to answer them.

Daehyun started walking down the road. He had his ear buds in listening to music to drown out the silence around him.

He was almost to one of the stores, when he's felt someone tap him on his shoulder.

Daehyun turned around and saw Xiumin behind him.

Daehyun took out one of his ear buds and looked at Xiumin.

'Hi'. Xiumin smiled at him. 'What are you doing over here?' He asked.

'Just wanted to look around. I haven't seen anything but home and school'.

Xiumin nodded. 'I can show you around if you want. I know a lot about this area'.

Daehyun smiled. He had wanted to be alone today. He noticed Suho's group hadn't left his side since he moved there. He thought that was weird.

'Umm...sure'. Daehyun said. He remembered what Baekhyun had said about the group protecting him. But he didn't think someone needed so much protection. He had dealt with bullies before. He could handle himself.

Xiumin smiled. 'Great, I know a great breakfast place if you're hungry'.

'Actually, can we just walk around? I just mostly want to look around. Kind of clear my head'.

'Sure'. Xiumin smiled and they started walking. 'What's on your mind?'

Daehyun sighed. 'Everything'. He said. 'Your group, Yongguk's group, the wolves...'

'Wolves?' Xiumin looked at him. 'You've seen more than one?'

Daehyun nodded. 'I think I scared away the white wolf. I saw a different wolf last night'.

'They travel in packs. So there's bound to be more than one'.

Daehyun sighed. He was beginning to think he was going crazy.

'Can I ask you something?' Daehyun looked at Xiumin.

'Of course'.

'I know you guys are trying to protect me. But why are you following me around everywhere? Even at school'. They stopped walking. 'It's not that I don't appreciate it, it's just weird. Especially since Yongguk's group is not around'.

Xiumin sighed. 'I get it. I can see you want your privacy. It's just safer this way.'

'Why is Yongguk's group such a threat?' Daehyun looked at him. 'I've dealt with bullies before'.

'It's hard to explain'. Xiumin looked at the ground. 

Daehyun sighed. 'That's what Baekhyun said. Why can't you tell me?'

Xiumin didn't answer him.

Daehyun put his ear buds in and started walking away.

 

Daehyun kept walking around the town. He noticed Xiumin stopped following him. He was glad to have some privacy even though he liked the boys in Suho's group. 

He found a river on the edge of the town and sat down near it. He figured this would be the best place for privacy. He leaned against the tree and closed his eyes as he listened to his music.

As he sat there, he felt someone nudge his leg.

Daehyun opened his eyes and was surprised to see Baekhyun standing in front of him.

Daehyun took out his ear buds and looked at Baekhyun. 'What are you doing here?'

Baekhyun gave him a surprised look. 'Really? That's the greeting I get?'

'Sorry, I wasn't expecting to see you here'.

Baekhyun sat next to Daehyun. 'I come here all the time when I have some time for myself'.

'It's nice out here'. Daehyun said looking around.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Listen, I'm sorry if I came off like a jerk at school'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'I get it. You don't want to be friends'.

'I've just been going through some hard times lately. It's been easier for me to push people away'.

'But you don't push the members in your group away. I've seen how fun and open you are with them'.

'They're my family. They're all I have'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun carefully. 'At least you have them. I had to leave everyone behind when I moved here'.

'Well you have us now'.

'For how long?' Daehyun sighed. 'You told me you'd move on once Yongguk's group leaves me alone'.

'I know'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'It's the truth. We hardly ever stay in contact with the people we help. They either move away, turn on us, or are too busy to give us the time of day'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'That's terrible. After everything you've done for them'.

Baekhyun nodded. 

'So why waste your time helping them if they don't appreciate it?'

'Like I said...'It's complicated''. Daehyun said in unison with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked at him surprised.

'Everything seems to be complicated'. Daehyun said. 'From what I've seen so far, this whole town is complicated'.

Baekhyun looked at the ground. Neither of them saying anything for a few minutes. 

'Hey.' Baekhyun said.

Daehyun turned to him and gave him a questioning look.

'Want to go get something to eat?' Baekhyun smiled.

'I'm ok'.

'Come on'. Baekhyun stood up and grabbed Daehyun's hand.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun surprised as Baekhyun pulled him off the ground. He couldn't believe how strong Baekhyun was.

'What?' Baekhyun asked when he saw the look on Daehyun's face.

'I just didn't realize how strong you were'.

Baekhyun smiled at him. 'Lets go'.

 

As they made their way back to town, they ran into a few members of Yongguk's group.

Baekhyun looked at them surprised at first. But then started glaring at them.

'Get out of here'. Baekhyun said as he pushed Daehyun away from the other boys.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun. 'Not without you'.

'I've got this, go!' Baekhyun glared at Daehyun till he left.

Baekhyun turned back to Yongguk's group. Himchan, Youngjae and Jongup were surrounding him.

'Why'd you send him away?' Himchan asked. 'We were going too have some fun with him'. Himchan smiled at him.

'When are you going to give up and leave everyone alone?' Baekhyun kept glaring at them.

'That's up to Yongguk'. Himchan said. 'He's still trying to recruit humans to join us'.

'Tell him he's not going to recruit anyone else. We won't allow it'.

'That's not you're decision to make'. Youngjae said. 'Besides, you're outnumbered'.

'I'm not scared of you though'.

'You should be'. Himchan said as he got closer to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun transformed into his wolf form and started fighting off Himchan, Youngjae and Jongup.

Baekhyun started biting and clawing at them. But since he was outnumbered, they were stronger and were able to fight him off.

 

Daehyun hated to run away. But he did what Baekhyun told him to do. He ran till he got close to his house. He saw Suho, Sehun, Chen and Kai standing outside their house. He ran over to them.

'What's wrong with you?' Sehun asked when he saw Daehyun.

'Baekhyun...' Daehyun said out of breath.

'What about Baekhyun?' Suho asked.

'He's by the river fighting members of Yongguk's group by himself'.

Sehun, Chen and Kai looked at each other then at Suho.

'Go help him'. Suho said. 'Call the others'.

They nodded and took off. Suho stayed with Daehyun.

'What happened?' Suho asked.

'Baekhyun and I were hanging out when we got surrounded by Yongguk's group out of nowhere'. Daehyun sighed. 'I should of stayed with him, but he kept telling me to leave. That he had it under control'.

'Baekhyun will be fine'. Suho said. 'He's strong. He can take care of himself'.

 

Daehyun stayed with Suho and waited for news on Baekhyun. They were sitting on the front porch when they saw Suho's group walking towards them.

Daehyun sighed in relief to see them. He stood up and started walking over to them. But he stopped when he saw Chanyeol carrying Baekhyun in his arms. Baekhyun wasn't moving.

Daehyun got worried when he saw Suho go over to them. They took Baekhyun inside the house. Daehyun saw blood on Baekhyun's stomach when they walked passed him. Daehyun was really regretting leaving Baekhyun alone now.