From bad to worse

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Baekhyun had stayed with Daehyun during the night. He thought spending more time with him would help Daehyun remember. But Daehyun was having some side affects from the antidote. He would be fine one minute, then the vampire virus would cause him to lose his temper and make him crazy. Baekhyun was worried when he saw how much pain Daehyun was going through.

During the night, Baekhyun woke up to Daehyun sneaking out of the house. Baekhyun got out of bed and followed him. He looked around for the boys, but saw no sign of them. He climbed out the window and started running after Daehyun.

'Dae?' Baekhyun called out, but got no response.

Baekhyun couldn't see much as he made his way through the trees behind Daehyun's house.

He suddenly heard movement nearby and followed the sound.

Baekhyun wasn't sure what was going on, but he found Daehyun hunched over near one of the trees. 

Baekhyun went over to him and put his hand on his shoulder. 'Dae?'

Daehyun turned to him. Baekhyun stepped back when he saw Daehyun's mouth covered in blood. He put his hand over his mouth and was getting ready to throw up.

Daehyun finished his meal and stood up. Then he started walking over to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun kept stepping away. He wasn't used to seeing Daehyun like this. But he realized the vampire virus was still strong inside Daehyun. He had to get more antidote as soon as he could.

'I'm sorry'. Baekhyun said as he kept moving away from Daehyun. 'I should of known you were out hunting'.

'This is who I am now'. Daehyun said. 'Keeping me locked up didn't help. You starved me. I need blood'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'No, I'll get the antidote and you won't have to do this anymore'.

'I think this will always be a part of me now'.

'Let's go back to the house'. Baekhyun slowly reached out for Daehyun's hand. He didn't know why, but he was kind of afraid of Daehyun. Which was silly since he had fought lots of vampires over the years.

Daehyun stared at Baekhyun's hand, but didn't move. 'No, I'm not done hunting'.

'Dae'. Baekhyun looked around. 'We have to get out of here. Suho's group is looking for you. They want to kill you'.

Daehyun looked at him confused. 'But, you're part of Suho's group'.

'I know'. Baekhyun got closer to him. 'But they don't know I'm trying to help you right now'.

'So, I should trust you when you're part of the group?'

Baekhyun put his hands on his head in frustration. He couldn't believe how much Daehyun's personality was changing from human to vampire every few minutes.

'I'm not going to hurt you, Dae'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'But Suho's group will hurt both of us if we don't get out of here'.

'Why?'

'Suho has all the boys out at night searching for vampires to keep them away from humans. They can sense you if you're close by. And we're not very far from their house'.

'But I'm still hungry'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Fine, I know a place Suho's group doesn't go to very often'.

Baekhyun lead Daehyun a couple miles away to a secluded area.

'Hunt fast'. Baekhyun said crossing his arms. 

Baekhyun changed into his wolf form incase someone found them, he'd be ready to attack. He paced back and forth looking around for Suho's group or Yongguk's group. He wanted to protect Daehyun no matter who it was.

Daehyun started hunting for anything he could find. He didn't see Baekhyun change into his wolf form and thought he was fair game.

Baekhyun was too busy looking for Suho and Yongguk's group, he didn't realize Daehyun was sneaking up on him till he felt hands wrap around him.

Baekhyun growled and clawed at his attacker, but suddenly stopped when he realized it was Daehyun. Baekhyun fell to the ground as Daehyun got on top of him. Baekhyun changed back to his human form and tried to get Daehyun off of him.

'Daehyun, stop!' Baekhyun yelled. 

Daehyun had Baekhyun pinned to the ground trying to bite him. Baekhyun had his hands on Daehyun's shoulders trying to keep him from biting him.

'It's me, Dae'. Baekhyun said as he kept trying to fight off Daehyun. Daehyun was stronger now and harder to fight off.

Baekhyun hit Daehyun in the chest and kicked him. Daehyun rolled off of Baekhyun in pain.

Baekhyun stood up and went over to Daehyun who was laying on the ground in a ball.

'Why did you attack me?' Baekhyun asked. 'I'm trying to help you'.

Daehyun kept grabbing himself and waited for the pain to stop. 'You were the only thing I saw near by'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'We'll find you something else'.

Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun and helped him stand up. He put his arm around Daehyun's shoulders and took him home.

 

The next day, Baekhyun went to get more antidote from Junhong. He got a week supply hoping Daehyun would be better before then.

He took the antidote to Daehyun's and found him in his room.

'I got more antidote'. Baekhyun said as he walked over to Daehyun.

Baekhyun pulled the syringe out of the package and put a dose of the antidote inside.

'You should sit down'. Baekhyun said. 'I don't want to catch you if you faint again'.

'Do you really think this stuff will completely get rid of the vampire virus?' Daehyun asked as he sat on the bed.

'All we can do is try'. Baekhyun said as he pulled the sleeve of Daehyun's shirt up. 

Daehyun eyed Baekhyun carefully as he got the syringe closer to his arm.

'Ready?' Baekhyun asked.

Daehyun nodded and closed his eyes.

Baekhyun placed the needle in Daehyun's arm and gave him the antidote. He watched Daehyun carefully incase he passed out again. But nothing happened.

Baekhyun removed the needle and threw it away.

'Done'. Baekhyun said. 'How are you feeling?'

Daehyun opened his eyes. 'I don't know. I guess better than last time'.

'At least you were expecting it this time'. Baekhyun smiled.

'I just hope it works'. Daehyun kissed him.

'I still love you, Dae. Even if the vampire virus doesn't completely go away'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed him again.

Baekhyun put his arms around Daehyun's neck and kissed him back.

As they kissed, Baekhyun started getting nauseous. He quickly pulled away from Daehyun.

'What is it?' Daehyun asked.

'Nothing'. Baekhyun shook his head. 'I'll be right back'. 

Baekhyun got off the bed and went into the bathroom. He threw up immediately. He figured it was something he ate. He didn't think too much of it as he started to leave the bathroom. But he suddenly got the urge to throw up again.

Baekhyun grabbed his stomach. He felt a small bump in it. He started getting worried. He pulled up his shirt and looked at his stomach in the mirror. He had noticed he had gained a little weight recently. He thought it was just from Suho giving him a break from the group. He hadn't been as active as he was before the break. But Baekhyun realized this wasn't food weight, it was baby weight. He was pregnant with human Daehyun's baby.

Baekhyun stood in the bathroom in shock not knowing how to handle this. There was no way he could hide his stomach from Suho and the group. He had to think of something.

'Baek?' Daehyun's voice snapped him back to reality.

'Yeah?' He answered back.

'What's taking so long?'

'I'm coming'. Baekhyun put his shirt back down and left the bathroom.

He went back to Daehyun's room and layed down on the bed.

'What's wrong with you?' Daehyun asked.

'Nothing'. Baekhyun replied. 'I'm just tired'.

'Now?'

Baekhyun nodded. He just couldn't think about anything else other than hiding the baby in his stomach. He closed his eyes and pretended to fall asleep.

Daehyun layed next to him as he felt the antidote run through his body. He still felt weird and had different emotions running through him. He still felt angry and frustrated. But he was also feeling caring and protective towards Baekhyun. Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's face and caressed his cheek. Baekhyun was surprised by the cold hand, but smiled as he saw Daehyun wasn't trying to hurt him this time.

Baekhyun got closer to Daehyun and fell asleep in his arms.

 

*One week later*

 

Daehyun was acting more human than vampire. Baekhyun was happy to see the Daehyun he knew start to come back. He made sure Daehyun had gotten all the doses of the antidote he needed. He noticed a change in Daehyun each day. Daehyun didn't have the urge to hunt as much, he was starting to eat human food again. He was acting more like the Daehyun that first moved to town.

Baekhyun and Daehyun were out at their spot by the river. They were leaning against the tree holding hands and kissing.

'I missed this place'. Daehyun said as he put his arms around Baekhyun who was sitting between his legs.

'You still came here as a vampire'. Baekhyun leaned his head against Daehyun's chest.

'I did?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'You must of remembered it after you turned'.

'Well this is our spot'. Daehyun kissed the top of Baekhyun's head.

Baekhyun smiled and bit his lip. 'Dae?'

'Hmm?' 

Baekhyun tried to find a way to tell him about the baby.

'What is it?' Daehyun asked when he didn't get a reply.

'I'm pregnant'. Baekhyun said, not looking at him.

Daehyun pulled away slightly. 'What?'

Baekhyun turned to face him. 'I'm pregnant'. He repeated.

'How? When?'

Baekhyun gave him a confused look and hit his arm. 'You know HOW'. Baekhyun glared at him. 'It must of been before you turned. But I found out a week ago'.

'I don't believe it'. Daehyun said as he sat there in shock.

'Believe it'. Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun's hand and placed it on his stomach.

Daehyun smiled as he felt the bump. 

Baekhyun put his head on Daehyun's shoulder. 'I don't know how we're going to take care of the baby'.

'We'll find a way'. Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's forehead.

Baekhyun raised his head from Daehyun's shoulder and kissed him. 

They kissed for a few minutes before getting interrupted.

'What the hell, Baekhyun?'

Baekhyun pulled away from Daehyun and found Suho and the group standing in front of them.

Baekhyun and Daehyun stood up quickly. Baekhyun reached for Daehyun's hand.

'What the hell are you doing?' Suho glared at Baekhyun. 'You've really crossed the line this time'.

'Suho, you have it wrong'. Baekhyun said as he got in front of Daehyun to protect him.

'I don't think I do'. Suho said. 'It's pretty obvious what's going on here. You're making out with a vampire. You should be ashamed of yourself'.

'Daehyun has changed'. Baekhyun said. 

Suho shook his head. 'That's impossible. Once a vampire, always a vampire'.

Baekhyun saw the boys getting closer to Daehyun. He tried to keep Daehyun protected but knew he was out numbered.

'You betrayed all of us by being with the enemy'.

'Daehyun is not the enemy anymore. I promise'.

D.O, Lay and Chanyeol grabbed Daehyun from behind.

'Get away from him!' Baekhyun yelled. 'Don't make me fight you'.

'You really should of thought of that before getting involved with a vampire'. Suho glared at him. 'Does a vampire really come before us? Your family'.

'Please don't hurt him'. Baekhyun pleaded. 'I need him'.

Suho shook his head in disgust. 'I really thought you were better than this, Baek. You always had our backs. Now, you give up everything for this blood er'.

'I'm telling you he's changing'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'He's turning back to his old self'.

Suho sighed. 'I really hoped it wouldn't come to this, Baekhyun. But you gave us no choice'.

'Please don't...' Baekhyun felt tears forming in his eyes. 'I promise, if you don't hurt him, we'll leave and you'll never see us again'.

Suho kneeled down next to Baekhyun. 'Why should we spare a vampire?' He asked. 'For love?' He looked at Baekhyun. 'We have risked our lives to get rid of those things'.

'I know'. Baekhyun looked at the ground.

'So tell me why I should spare a vampire for you?'

'Because....' Baekhyun looked at Suho with tears rolling down his cheeks. 'I'm pregnant with his baby'.

Suho and the boys froze in shock and disgust.

'WHAT?!' Suho yelled. Loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear.