Planning

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Baekhyun had spent the next few days trying to think of ways for Daehyun to remember his human side. But he wasn't sure how far gone Daehyun's mind was. 

He sat on his bed not wanting to leave his room till he came up with something that would work to restore Daehyun's memories. He knew he couldn't be with Daehyun anymore. But he really didn't want to kill him. This was the only way he could keep Daehyun safe was to get his memories back.

Baekhyun looked out the window at Daehyun's house. Daehyun's parents had moved out once they realized what happened to Daehyun. Baekhyun felt horrible for not keeping his promise to Mrs. Jung about keeping Daehyun safe. She didn't blame him for what happened. But they didn't feel safe in the neighborhood, and they didn't want to have a constant reminder of losing Daehyun in that house.

Baekhyun didn't blame them for moving, but he still had a reminder of Daehyun every time he looked out his window. All the nights he spent outside watching Daehyun's bedroom window to make sure Yongguk's group didn't attack him. He also remembered the times he spent in Daehyun's room. Hiding their relationship from everyone. But also connecting with a human on a boyfriend level instead of just friends.

Baekhyun sighed as he knew he'd never have those moments back. Baekhyun reached up and shut the curtains. He needed to stop thinking about the past. The Daehyun he knew was gone. Their relationship gone. Now he had the new Daehyun to deal with.

He didn't know how he was going to deal with this Daehyun. Only thing he knew about vampires was to attack and kill them. 

Baekhyun layed down on his bed and tried to sleep. He hadn't gotten much sleep since he lost Daehyun. The boys tried to give Baekhyun his space. Some of them were upset about him breaking the rules and being with a human. Others minded their own business and focused on the humans they were assigned to protect.

There was a knock on Baekhyun's door, but Baekhyun didn't move or respond. He just layed there in his own world.

The door opened and Kai entered the room. He went over to Baekhyun and shook him gently.

Baekhyun turned his head and looked at Kai. 'What?'

'I just wanted to see how you are doing'.

Baekhyun layed his head down and sighed. 'What do you think?'

Kai sat on the edge of Baekhyun's bed. 'I'm sorry'. Kai looked at him. 'I know it doesn't change things, but I'm sorry you're having to go through this'.

Baekhyun sat up and faced Kai. 'I want to help Daehyun'.

'How?' Kai looked at him confused. 'He's gone'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I think there might be a way to help him be human again'.

Kai put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'Even if you could do that, Suho would still keep you two apart'.

Baekhyun looked Kai in the eyes. 'I don't care. If I can help Daehyun then I'm leaving the pack. I don't want this life anymore'.

Kai looked at Baekhyun, or the person he thought was Baekhyun. He didn't realize how much being with Daehyun had changed him. He wasn't the Baekhyun he remembered.

'You'd leave us to be with Daehyun?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'It's hard to explain. But he's what I need to be normal'.

'You're not normal. We need you Baekhyun. The one that's a fighter. The one who doesn't take from anybody'.

'You remember what it was like to be in love with a human?' Baekhyun stared at Kai with a look that kind of freaked him out.

'I do. But this isn't the same thing'.

'How is it different?

Kai looked down at the bed. 'Daehyun turned. The girl I was with didn't'.

'She tried to kill you though'.

Kai nodded. 'Don't you think Daehyun would of done the same thing?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'Daehyun saw me turn to my wolf form when I tried to save him. He wasn't scared when he told me he knew the truth about me. He seemed almost happy to realize I had been the wolf that had been watching him during the night'. Baekhyun looked at Kai as he sat there and listened to him. 'After he told me he knew the truth, he told me he loved me...So no, Daehyun wouldn't of tried to kill me'.

Kai sighed and put his hand on top of Baekhyun's. 'I'm sorry. You really found a great guy'.

'Yeah, I did'. Baekhyun looked away. 'Now I have to get him back'.

'You really think you can?'

'I'm going to do everything I can to get him back'.

Kai stared at Baekhyun. He had never seen so much determination come from him. He was amazed. 'Let me know if there's anything I can do to help'.

Baekhyun looked down at his hands. 'I talked to Junhong the other day'.

'Junhong?' Kai looked at him confused.

'He used to be a member of Yongguk's group'. Baekhyun replied.

'Oh yeah'. Kai nodded. 'What did he say?'

'He said Daehyun needs to try and remember his human side. I don't know if it will work, but I'm willing to try'.

'You'd have to get Daehyun alone to do that. He sees us as enemies right now. I don't think he'll listen to you'.

'There has to be a way'.

'Like I said, I'll help you if you find something that with help him'.

'Thanks'. Baekhyun gave a small smile.

 

Outside, Daehyun had been standing near Baekhyun's window. He could hear voices but couldn't make out everything that was said. But he could smell Suho's group. The smell was awful to him.

'Why are we here if we aren't going to attack them?' Daehyun asked.

Daehyun felt Yongguk put his arm around his shoulders. 'All in good time'. He smiled. 'They will come for us again. Then we'll show them whose really in charge of this neighborhood'.

Daehyun looked over at Yongguk. 'Did I really know those beasts?'

'Yes, but they were horrible to you. They don't like anyone in this town. They think we should follow their rules, but we make our own rules. It's best to stay away from them for now'.

'Then why are we here?' Daehyun repeated.

'To show you where these things live. So you know where to go if you have to come looking for them'. Yongguk said. 'Cause believe me, you will have to take them down. They don't let us do our job of recruiting people to our group'.

'Why not?'

Yongguk shrugged. 'I've been wondering the same thing myself'.

Yongguk turned around and started walking away from Daehyun. 

Daehyun stood there and looked back at the window. Even though the curtain was closed, he still felt like he knew this place before now, and the person sitting on the other side of the curtain. He shrugged it off and started following Yongguk.

As Daehyun followed him, he stopped in the backyard of the house next door. He saw wolf prints in the dirt. He looked around but didn't see anything. He looked at the house. It seemed familiar to him. He didn't know why, but he felt like he had been there before.

Daehyun started to walk towards the house. He climbed the steps on the back porch and reached for the handle.

'You coming?' Yongguk asked.

Daehyun pulled away from the door and turned towards Yongguk. 'Yeah. I'm coming'.

Daehyun turned around and ran after Yongguk.

 

Baekhyun tried to go back to sleep once Kai left. He closed his eyes and tried to not think about Daehyun. It was hard to not think about him. Daehyun wouldn't leave his mind.

Baekhyun sat up and put his head in his hands. He was going crazy. He didn't know how to handle it.

He got out of bed and went to the bathroom. He turned the faucet on and cupped a handful of water to splash on his face.

As he grabbed the towel, he smelled something he never smelt in the house before. 

He left the bathroom and the smell got stronger. He knew that smell. 'Dae?' He whispered.

Baekhyun opened the outside door and looked around. He didn't see anyone there.

He sighed. He knew he was going crazy. He hated this hold Daehyun had on him.

Baekhyun turned to go back inside when he saw two pairs of shoe prints outside his bedroom window.

Daehyun's scent was stronger outside. Baekhyun realized Daehyun had been there. But why?

Baekhyun went back inside and let the boys know that they're being watched by Yongguk's group. He hoped Daehyun would return so he could talk to him. It would be impossible for him to confront Daehyun at school. He'd have to wait for Daehyun to return, or find Daehyun himself.

 

The next day, Baekhyun went to the river to think and clear his mind. He kept thinking about Daehyun visiting him last night. He wondered if Daehyun was starting to remember his past, but he doubted it. 

Baekhyun leaned against the tree and closed his eyes. He listened to the water and wind to relax. But he heard a noise nearby and he opened his eyes.

He stood up and looked around not seeing anybody. He sighed and went to sit back down when he smelt Daehyun's scent. He figured it was his imagination, but he heard a noise again. 

Baekhyun walked around and soon froze in his tracks when he saw a figure standing next to one of the trees. He had Daehyun's scent. 

Baekhyun got closer and put his hand on the figure's arm. 

They turned towards Baekhyun and Baekhyun was at a loss for words when he realized he was face to face with Daehyun. He was mostly shocked Daehyun had come to their spot at the river. Had he remembered?