Accepting fate

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Baekhyun kept looking at the baby in his arms hoping he was imagining what he saw. The baby looked up at him curiously not know what was going on.

Daehyun noticed Baekhyun's sudden reaction to the baby as he stood there and watched them. 'What is it?' He asked.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'Nothing. I'm just tired'.

'Rest then'. Daehyun said as he leaned over Baekhyun and took the baby from him. Baekhyun kept looking at the baby as Daehyun walked away.

Baekhyun put his head in his hands and thought about what he saw. The baby already had vampire fangs. He was hoping the antidote would of helped the baby not be infected by the vampire virus.

Baekhyun got off the bed and went after Daehyun.

He found Daehyun in the living room. The boys were looking at the baby. Some of them were interested in him. Some of them kept their distance.

Baekhyun hated to see the boys scared of his baby. He blamed Suho for getting into their heads and giving them the mindsets they had.

Baekhyun went over to Daehyun and took the baby.

'I thought you were resting'. Daehyun said when he saw Baekhyun.

'I'm fine. Let's go home'.

Daehyun gave Baekhyun a confused look. 'Are you ok?' He asked.

'I'm fine'.

Baekhyun held the baby close to his chest and headed for the door.

'Baek!' Daehyun called after him, but Baekhyun kept walking.

 

Baekhyun made his way inside his and Daehyun's house. He went upstairs and shut himself in their room. He sat down on the bed and rocked the baby in his arms. The baby stared up at Baekhyun and smiled.

Baekhyun kissed the baby's forehead. 'I love you'. He said as he smiled at his son. 'I'm sorry you had to be born in this situation. But I'll protect you no matter what'.

 

Daehyun ran upstairs to the bedroom and saw Baekhyun on the bed with their son. He sat down next to Baekhyun and put his arm around his shoulders.

'Why'd you leave like that?'

Baekhyun sighed and looked over at Daehyun. 'I didn't feel comfortable having our son there'.

'Nothing happened. The boys were just looking at him'.

'I know, but they're trained to kill vampires'. Baekhyun's gaze got colder as he looked at Daehyun. 'I wouldn't worry if he wasn't infected by the vampire virus. But now, I don't trust them around our son. I'm afraid they'll hurt him'.

Daehyun rubbed Baekhyun's back and kissed the top of his head. 'We'll make sure nothing happens to him'. Daehyun said as he reached over and held their son's hand.

'I think we should move away to make sure we're safe'. Baekhyun said.

Daehyun looked over at Baekhyun surprised. 'Really?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'We have Yongguk and Suho's groups to worry about now'.

'Where do you want to go?'

'Anywhere'. Baekhyun said.

Daehyun had never seen Baekhyun worry so much. The last time he'd seen Baekhyun worry, was when they were trying to hide their relationship.

Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's thigh. 'Okay'. He said. 'We'll go wherever you want'.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed Daehyun. 'Thank you'.

Daehyun smiled back at him. 'This is your chance to have the life you want now that we have our son and you're away from Suho'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'It won't be exactly how I want, but we'll do what we can'.

'Of course we will'. Daehyun smiled and kissed Baekhyun's cheek. 'So, have you picked out a name for our son?'

Baekhyun smiled and nodded. 'Taehyung'.

'I like it'. Daehyun smiled.

 

Baekhyun stood up and went to feed the baby. He went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle. He put it next to Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung on it for a few seconds, then spit it out.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'Are you not hungry?' He asked and tried to give him the bottle again, but Taehyung turned his head away and knocked the bottle out of Baekhyun's hand.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Fine, I won't make you eat then'. He put the bottle away and went back upstairs.

He set Taehyung in the crib Daehyun got for him a few days ago.

Taehyung looked up at Baekhyun not liking being put down and started crying.

Baekhyun sighed and picked him up. 'What is it?'

'Is he hungry?' Daehyun asked.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I tried to feed him, but he knocked the bottle out of my hand'.

'Maybe he doesn't like normal baby formula'.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun and froze. 'No'. Baekhyun said. 'He's not going to have a vampire diet'.

'You can try it so he doesn't starve'.

'But he's part wolf too. He should eat normal things like I did'.

'Let me try something'. Daehyun said as he turned and left the room.

'Where are you going?' Baekhyun called after him. 

Daehyun ignored him and kept walking.

 

Baekhyun sighed and held Taehyung as he waited for Daehyun to come back. Taehyung kept crying in Baekhyun's arms.

'Shh'. Baekhyun said as he tried to rock Taehyung to sleep. But the crying continued. 

Daehyun came back with the bottle in his hand and gave it to Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun looked at the bottle confused. 'He doesn't want it'.

'Try again'. Daehyun said.

Baekhyun took the bottle suspiciously. 'Why do you think he wants it now?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'Just a hunch'.

'What did you do to it?' Baekhyun asked as he looked at the bottle. He saw the formula had changed colors to a light red shade.

'Daehyun, no!' Baekhyun slammed the bottle on the dresser. 'I'm not giving him that'.

Daehyun went over to Baekhyun and put his hand on his shoulder. 'I know you don't want to do this, Baek. But Taehyung isn't a normal baby. You need to accept that. He has different needs. You started giving him blood right before you had him'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I was hoping the antidote would stop his blood cravings'. He said. 'Which he didn't have till you bit me'. Baekhyun slapped Daehyun's hand off his shoulder and glared at him.

'Baek, I told you I'm sorry. But we have to focus on raising our son now. No matter if he's more vampire or more wolf. He needs us. We need to take care of his needs just like any other baby'. Daehyun said as he took the bottle from the dresser and gave it to Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun kept glaring at him as he took the bottle from him. He hated this whole situation. But deep down he knew Daehyun was right. They needed to take care of their son and his needs.

Baekhyun gave Taehyung the bottle and watched him carefully. Taehyung on the bottle till every drop was gone.

'See?' Daehyun said as he took the bottle. 'That's all he needed'.

Baekhyun sighed and kissed Taehyung's forehead. Then he set him back in the crib.

Daehyun stood behind Baekhyun and wrapped his arms around his waist. 'It will be ok, Baek'.

Baekhyun felt Daehyun kiss his neck as he held him. Baekhyun wanted to believe Daehyun. But he still had a bad feeling about the whole thing.

Daehyun kept trying to comfort Baekhyun as he held him in his arms. 'I know this isn't how you pictured your life. But you have me, we have our son. I promise we'll be ok. Stop worrying'.

Baekhyun closed his eyes as he listened to Daehyun's words. He was starting to calm down as Daehyun held him.

Baekhyun turned so he was facing Daehyun. Daehyun put his hands on Baekhyun's cheeks and kissed his forehead. 'I love you, Baek. I want you to be happy'.

Baekhyun rested his forehead against Daehyun's. 'I love you too. I'm sorry I'm being so difficult about this situation, but you should know how hard this is for me to accept. To be part of something I have been fighting most of my life to get rid of. To be part of the thing that killed my parents'.

Daehyun saw tears falling down Baekhyun's cheeks and wiped them away. 'I know'. He said as he kissed Baekhyun. 'I didn't want to do this to you. I just didn't want to live without you'.

Baekhyun smiled slightly as he stayed pressed against Daehyun.

'Since, the day I moved here, I knew you were the one. Even with how stubborn and rude you were to me. The thought of losing you and our son killed me. I did what I had to do to keep you in my life'. Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's lips gently. 'I need you, Baek. More than you know'.

Baekhyun bit his lip and tried to fight back his tears as he listened to Daehyun. No one had ever cared about him as much as Daehyun. He knew he made the right choice being with him and fighting for him when Suho wanted them apart.

'After you got bit, Kai asked me if I thought you would hurt me after finding out the truth about us. I told him that you wouldn't. I could see how you really felt about me. Being bit didn't change your feelings for me. That's how I knew you were the missing piece I needed'. Baekhyun looked Daehyun in the eyes and smiled. 'That's why I fought Suho so hard for us to be together. I knew you were the one for me too'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed Baekhyun passionately. Baekhyun put his arms around Daehyun's neck and kissed him back. 

Daehyun picked Baekhyun up and layed him on the bed. Daehyun layed down next him and pulled him towards him. They kissed passionately for awhile. They told each other what they wanted to say, now all they wanted to do was show each other how they felt by kissing and cuddling for awhile.

Baekhyun could feel the passion between them more after confessing their love. He was enjoying it more. He wasn't feeling mad at Daehyun anymore for what he did. He knew Daehyun loved him and their son, that was all that mattered.

Daehyun held Baekhyun in his arms. Happy that Baekhyun wasn't feeling as angry towards him anymore. He hated the distance it put between them. But he was glad they made up. He wanted to see Baekhyun happy, and he would do whatever he had to do to make Baekhyun happy.

 

Baekhyun and Daehyun had fallen asleep in each other's arms. But Baekhyun was suddenly woken up by Taehyung crying.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun who was still asleep, and tried to not wake him as he got up to check on Taehyung.

Baekhyun went over to the crib and grabbed Taehyung. But Taehyung didn't feel right. Baekhyun started getting scared and turned the light on. He looked at Taehyung again whose cries turned into baby howls. Baekhyun realized Taehyung figured out how to turn to his wolf form.

Taehyung started Baekhyun's face as Baekhyun tried to calm him down.

Now Baekhyun knew for sure that Taehyung was a hybrid. He'd shown both sides to Baekhyun. 

Daehyun started to wake up at the sound of Taehyung trying to howl.

'What's going on?' He asked looking at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turned towards Daehyun. 'Our son has figured out how to turn to his wolf form'.

Daehyun got out of bed and went over to Baekhyun and saw the baby wolf in his arms.

'Well, that's not going to be easy to hide'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'No, it's not'.

 

*A few months later*

 

Baekhyun was outside with Taehyung. They were still living in Daehyun's old house. Baekhyun decided they could make things work there. But he still kept a close eye on Taehyung.

Taehyung was in his wolf form walking around on the grass exploring his new surroundings since he had been inside till now.

Baekhyun was afraid of anyone seeing Taehyung, but he knew Suho's group was gone for awhile. So he decided to let Taehyung get a change of scenery.

'Taehyung! Stay away from there'. Baekhyun called over to him when he saw Taehyung getting too far away from him.

Taehyung stopped and looked over at Baekhyun.

'Stay in this area'. He pointed.

Taehyung sat in his spot and started whimpering.

Baekhyun sighed and went over to him. 'Tae, I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just looking out for your safety'. He said as he picked him up.

 

Baekhyun took Taehyung inside for lunch and fed him. He had changed back to his human form and drank his bottle.

Baekhyun smiled at him and put him on the floor to crawl around when he was done. 

Baekhyun went over to the sink and washed his bottle. He was getting used to Taehyung changing forms all the time. It scared him at first, but it didn't surprise him anymore if he found a human baby or a baby wolf in the crib.

Baekhyun finished washing Taehyung's bottle and went to the living room. But he didn't see Taehyung on the floor.

Baekhyun started calling out for him and looking everywhere inside the house, but found nothing.

Daehyun had left for awhile to shop for some things they needed, so Baekhyun couldn't get his help in locating their son.

Baekhyun started getting scared when he searched the whole house and couldn't find Taehyung. 

He went back to the kitchen and noticed the back door was open. Baekhyun ran outside and kept calling Taehyung's name.

As he searched outside, he heard Taehyung trying to howl. Baekhyun looked in the direction of the howls and saw someone running away from him.

Baekhyun chased after him scared that whoever it was had his son. 

He kept chasing after the person, realizing they were headed towards Suho's house.

Baekhyun grabbed the person and slammed them against the nearby tree. He tried to not harm Taehyung in the process.

'What the hell are you doing with my son, Suho?' Baekhyun yelled.