Hopeless

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

Baekhyun stared at Daehyun, or what looked like Daehyun. He was having a hard time comprehending what was going on. Just barely an hour ago, Baekhyun was holding Daehyun in his arms. He heard Daehyun's heart stop beating. What was in front of him couldn't be Daehyun.

Baekhyun transformed into his human form and started going over to Daehyun.

'Dae?' His voice came out weak.

Chen, Sehun, D.O and Lay saw Baekhyun getting closer to Daehyun and tried to stop him. D.O nipped at Baekhyun's hand to warn him to stay away, but Baekhyun ignored him.

'Dae?' Baekhyun said again. 'Are you in there?'

Chen transformed to his human form and grabbed Baekhyun's hand. 'Baek, don't!' Chen yelled. 'It's not Daehyun anymore'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'He can't be one of those things'.

Chen sighed. 'He is. He turned after you left'.

'I don't believe it'.

Baekhyun pulled away from Chen and went over to Daehyun. 'Dae'.

Daehyun turned towards Baekhyun and hissed at him. Baekhyun saw the fangs in Daehyun's mouth and backed away.

'Get away from me'. Daehyun said. 

Sehun, D.O and Lay didn't move and kept growling at Daehyun.

'Get these beasts away from me'. He said as he shoved Sehun.

'Dae, no!' Baekhyun yelled as he saw Sehun go flying and hit the wall.

'I told you to get away from me'. Daehyun said.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'We're your friends, not your enemies'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'No you're not. I wouldn't be friends with you beasts'.

Baekhyun went back over to Daehyun. 'You don't remember me, or them?' He asked pointing at the boys. 'Or your parents?'

Daehyun looked at them. 'Should I?' Daehyun raised his eyebrows.

Baekhyun's eyes got wide. This thing really wasn't Daehyun. He couldn't remember anything before turning.

Baekhyun fought back tears and sighed. 'You should know me. You should know all of us'.

'All I know about you is that all of you are trying to kill me'. Daehyun glared at them. 'I haven't done anything to any of you, yet you've trapped me here'.

Baekhyun tried to touch Daehyun's arm, but Daehyun pushed him away. 'Stay away from me'.

Baekhyun stared at him. He really wished he could of saved Daehyun from turning into this thing. Now he's had to watch as his boyfriend him and his friends.

 

Baekhyun turned around and ran out of the building. He couldn't take seeing Daehyun like that anymore.

Baekhyun ran till he was at his spot at the river. He started hitting and kicking the trees around him out of anger and frustration. He hit and kicked the trees till he collapsed on the ground. Tears fell from his eyes. He felt even worse now than when Daehyun died in his arms.

Baekhyun layed on the ground till he felt someone sit down next to him and put their hand on his shoulder.

Baekhyun didn't look to see who it was. He just hit their hand off of him.

'Baek'. Suho said.

'Leave me alone'. Baekhyun said through his tears.

Suho sighed. 'I'm sorry. The boys told me what happened'.

Baekhyun sat up and wiped his eyes. 'Like you really cared anyway'.

Suho looked at him confused.

'You don't care about how I feel right now. You don't care about me and Daehyun. You probably think I'm an idiot'.

'Baek, I can't condone your relationship with Daehyun. You know it never should of happened. Now look what it's done to you'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'This is what I meant. You hate me for what I did. But I told you I couldn't control my feelings for him'.

'Daehyun was a nice guy, but you two shouldn't have been together'.

'We really can't be together now...' Baekhyun whispered.

'Look, I'm sorry we lost Daehyun. But you need to forget about him now. He's gone. We need to focus on our mission of saving humans'.

'What's the point?' Baekhyun shoved him. 'We lose a lot of humans even when we try to help them'.

'What are you saying?' Suho looked at him.

'Daehyun could still be alive if you listened to me and tried to save his life when he was dying in my arms'.

'You know we can't get the vampire venom out of a human once they've been bit'. Suho said.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'You need to find a better way to save and protect humans'.

'I'm doing what I can'.

'It's not good enough'. Baekhyun glared at him.

'So what are you saying?'

'I'm done'. Baekhyun said.

'What?' Suho looked at him surprised.

'I'm done helping save humans. I'm not doing it anymore'.

Baekhyun stood up and started to walk away. 'Baek!' Suho called after him.

Baekhyun kept walking. He was done talking to Suho. He wouldn't listen to him.

 

Baekhyun kept walking and found a spot in the woods to stay for the night. He layed down, but wasn't expecting to get any sleep. He had too much on his mind. He was hating himself and everyone for what happened to Daehyun.

 

He woke up the next morning and started heading home. He didn't feel any better. But he knew he'd see Yongguk's group at school. He wasn't done with them. He still had a score to settle.

 

Baekhyun saw Yongguk's group around school. He wanted to rip them apart right then and there when he saw them. But he knew he couldn't do anything. He just kept a close eye on them.

What upset him the most, was during lunch he saw Daehyun sitting at the table with the members of Yongguk's group. He was horrified at the sight.

The boys saw Baekhyun looking over at Daehyun. 'Hey'. Chanyeol said. 'Don't pay attention to them'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Easier said than done'.

Xiumin put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'He'll be fine as long as he doesn't start attacking humans'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'He's not fine. He won't ever be fine again. He's a monster now. He's not the same guy that moved here a few months ago'.

'Just stop paying attention to him'. Suho said. 'You're making things worse on yourself'.

Baekhyun stood up and left the room. He felt lost and hopeless. He wanted to help Daehyun somehow. He was determined to find a way to get Daehyun back.

 

*A few weeks later*

 

Baekhyun still wasn't himself. He hadn't helped the boys on any of their missions. He kept to himself and spent time away from everyone. He was still trying to find a way to help Daehyun. He was willing to do anything for him.

During his search for answers, he remembered Yongguk's group used to have another members a couple years ago, but he hadn't seen him in a long time. Baekhyun looked up the person to see if they might be able to help. If they were still alive...

Baekhyun got the person's address and went there after school. He was hoping this wouldn't be a dead end like everything else he tried.

Baekhyun knocked on the door when he got there. The door opened shortly after and he was soon face to face with the person he was expecting. He was glad Zelo/Junhong was still alive. Maybe he could get some answers.

Junhong looked at him confused. 'Can I help you?'

'I hope so'. Baekhyun said. 'I need help with something vampire related'. Baekhyun whispered the word 'vampire'.

Junhong let Baekhyun inside and closed the door.

Baekhyun looked at Junhong as he sat on the couch. 

'This must be important. I've never had a wolf visit me'. Junhong said. 'So what can I help you with?'

'Well, you see, my boyfriend was bitten by a vampire and turned. Now he doesn't remember me or anything about his life before being bitten'.

Junhong nodded. 'I see'.

'So, how were you able to turn away from Yongguk's group and the vampire life?'

Junhong sighed. 'It wasn't easy. Yongguk spent a lot of time trying to get me to join his group and start turning humans. But what he didn't know was that I still remembered parts of my life before I turned. So I was able to fight him when it came to turning humans. He didn't like it at all'.

'So, since my boyfriend doesn't remember me, he can't fight it?'

Junhong shrugged. 'It might be harder for him to remember the human side of him'. Junhong looked at him. 'But just so you know, even if your boyfriend does remember you or his past, he's still a vampire. That doesn't completely go away'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'I was afraid of that. I just want him to remember his human side so I don't have to kill him if he starts turning humans'. Baekhyun looked down at the ground. 'I can't kill him. I refuse to'.

'I understand. Yongguk wanted me to turn my own family. I couldn't do it. That's around the time I left his group'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I just can't believe this happened. I should of protected him better'.

'Don't give up. Just try and get him to remember'.

Baekhyun nodded and stood up. 'Thank you for your help'.

'You're welcome. Good luck with your boyfriend'.

Baekhyun gave a slight smile and left Junhong's house. He hoped what Junhong said would get the Daehyun he knew back.