Bits and pieces

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

​​​​​​'Do you really want to be with me?'

'Yes'. Daehyun said as he moved closer to the person in front of him.

It was the boy that wouldn't leave him alone the last few days. Why was he having these images of him in his head?

'Just know that I'm breaking the rules by being with you'.

'What rules?'

'Just know that I'm risking a lot by doing this. You may regret it too'.

 Daehyun saw himself go over to the boy and grab his hand.

'I don't regret my feelings for you'.

Daehyun shook his head trying to get the image to go away. But a new one popped up in his head.

'Stay with me, Dae'. 

Daehyun saw the boy leaning over him looking worried as tears filled his eyes.

'I...love you...Baek'.

​​​​​​'I love you too'.

​​​​​​Daehyun saw himself kissing the boy. He didn't understand it. He didn't remember doing it. So he didn't know why he was having these images going through his head of him and the boy from the river.

He shook his head again and opened his eyes. He didn't recognize his surroundings. It was a small dark room. He didn't see anyone around him.

He went to stand up, but his hands were tied behind his back.

Daehyun pulled against the restraints as hard as he could, but nothing happened.

 

The door opened a few minutes later, and Daehyun saw the same boy from his visions come into the room.

'Why am I here?' Daehyun asked. 'Did you drug me?'

Baekhyun went over to Daehyun. 'Good, you're awake'. He smiled. 'No, I didn't drug you'.

'Then what am I doing here?'

'You passed out while we were talking, so I brought you here'.

Daehyun pulled against the restraints again, but was still useless.

'I didn't want to have to do that'. Baekhyun said as he watched Daehyun try to get free. 'I had no choice'.

Daehyun glared at him. 'What do you mean you had no choice?'

'I didn't know how you would be when you woke up. I did it for my safety, and yours'.

'Well, nothing happened. So let me go'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'Sorry, I can't do that'.

'Why not?'

'It's safer this way'.

'You can't keep me here. You need to stop holding onto me. What happened between us it's in the past'.

Baekhyun turned to Daehyun and looked at him hoping he remembered something. 'You remember us?'

Daehyun saw the hopeful look in Baekhyun's eyes as he got closer to him. Daehyun was feeling weird. He still didn't know what all those images were all about.

'It doesn't matter'. Daehyun said.

'It does matter!' Baekhyun yelled. 'You have to remember'.

'What if I don't? Are you going to kill me?'

Baekhyun sighed. 'Don't make me do that'.

Daehyun watched Baekhyun carefully. He was surprised to see him care so much about him.

Baekhyun leaned close to Daehyun and put his hands on his cheeks. 'You don't remember anything? Not one thing?'

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun who was on the verge of tears. The same look he had when he was leaning over him trying to help him after he got bit.

Baekhyun suddenly heard the boys moving around upstairs. He pulled away from Daehyun before he could answer.

'Be quiet'. Baekhyun told him before he left.

'You can't just leave me here'. Daehyun yelled after him and pulled at the restraints again.

Daehyun tried to look around for something to help get himself free. He heard talking above his head. He recognized the boy's voice. All he could remember from one the visions was calling him 'Baek'.

He kept playing the name in his head, then another image popped up of Suho introducing the boys to Daehyun. He saw himself staring at the one Suho called Baekhyun. The image changed to Baekhyun staring out the window from one of the classrooms. Daehyun saw how nervous he was around Baekhyun, but why? Why was he so drawn to Baekhyun?

As he saw himself stare at Baekhyun, he saw Yongguk grab him. Daehyun got confused. Yongguk told him he didn't hurt him, that it was the other group that gave him a hard time. Then he saw Baekhyun pull Yongguk away from him.

Daehyun stopped pulling on the restraints. If what he was seeing in his head was true, then Baekhyun wasn't the enemy, Yongguk was.

Daehyun was more confused now as he sat there trying to figure everything out. 

 

Baekhyun went upstairs and ran into the boys who had just come back from their night shift duties.

'How are you doing, Baekhyun?' Suho asked when he saw him enter the room.

'Fine'. Baekhyun said quickly.

'I hope giving you some time off will help you clear your head and you can focus on the team again'. Suho sat down in the chair and eyed Baekhyun.

Baekhyun nodded. 'So far it's working. But I still want to fight Yongguk's group'.

Suho shook his head. 'We're not ready for that'.

'I am'. Baekhyun looked at Suho. 'They have to be stopped once and for all'.

'You think I don't know that?' Suho glared at him.

The boys watched as Baekhyun and Suho started fighting.

'Then why haven't we done anything about it yet?' Baekhyun asked.

'We're not ready. You're not ready'. Suho said pointing at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'I'm more than ready. I will fight them right now'.

'No, Baek'. Suho shook his head. 'You're intentions are good, but you're mostly doing this because of Daehyun'.

'So?'

'If Daehyun hadn't turned, you wouldn't be so adamant about fighting Yongguk's group'.

'Daehyun or not, I'm ready'. Baekhyun said.

'No, Baekhyun. Let us handle it'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I'll go by myself then'. He said as he turned away from Suho.

'Baekhyun, stop!' Suho yelled.

Baekhyun stopped but didn't turn to face him. 

'You remember what happened last time you tried to fight Yongguk's group on your own?'

'I do. But this time I'll be more prepared'.

Suho went over to Baekhyun and grabbed his arm. 'You're not going anywhere. So stop acting like an idiot. We work as a team'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Fine. But I will kill Yongguk's group if I have to'.

Baekhyun started to walk away. He grabbed Kai's arm as he passed him.

Kai looked at the boys to make sure no one saw them and followed Baekhyun.

 

'What's going on?' Kai asked when they were at a safe distance.

'You still mean what you said about helping me with Daehyun?' Baekhyun turned and looked at him.

'Yes. Why?'

'I think I found another way to help him'.

'What?' Kai asked.

'I went to see Junhong again, and he gave me a antidote for the vampire virus'. Baekhyun went over to the basement door and unlocked it.

'Does it work?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'I don't know yet. I only gave Daehyun one dose of it so far'.

'How'd you get Daehyun to take it?' Kai asked as he followed Baekhyun down the stairs in the basement.

'Believe me, it wasn't easy'.

Kai looked around and put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. 'Why are we in the basement?' 

Baekhyun sighed. 'Daehyun passed out when I gave him the antidote. So I did the only thing I could think of, which was to bring him here'.

'WHAT?!'

'Shh!' Baekhyun put his finger to his lips. 

'How could you bring Daehyun here around Suho?'

'I told you, I had no choice'.

'Suho is going to kill you if he finds out'.

Baekhyun turned to Kai. 'He's not going to find out'.

Kai shook his head. 'Fine. I won't say anything'.

Baekhyun opened the door and went inside the room with Kai following close behind.

'Umm...where is he?' Kai asked as he looked at the empty chair in front of them.

Baekhyun looked around the room. The chair was broken. The restraints lying on the ground.

'He was just here'. Baekhyun said.

Baekhyun tried to follow Daehyun's scent as he looked around the room.

'Help me find him'. Baekhyun turned to Kai.

'Okay'. Kai nodded.

 

Baekhyun followed Daehyun's scent outside. He apparently hadn't been gone long.

Baekhyun walked closer to Daehyun's old house and noticed his scent was stronger. He made his way up the porch and opened the door. No one had moved in the house since Daehyun's parents left, so Baekhyun had nothing to worry about.

Baekhyun heard faint noises coming from upstairs. He followed them and found Daehyun in his old bedroom looking around.

'Dae?' Baekhyun put his hand on Daehyun's shoulder.

Daehyun jumped and turned towards Baekhyun. 'What are you doing here?'

'Sorry, I noticed you left and came to find you'.

'So you can tie me back up and keep me prisoner?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'No. I didn't want to do that in the first place'.

Daehyun sat on the bed. 'I feel drawn to this place'. He said as he looked around.

'Because you used to live here'. Baekhyun sat next to him. 'Are you remembering anything?'

'I get bits and pieces here and there, but it's still pretty fuzzy'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun. 'But I do remember you saving me from Yongguk at school'.

'So you know I wasn't the one that hurt you?'

Daehyun nodded. 

'It's going to take time, Dae'. Baekhyun put his hand on top on Daehyun's. 'What matters most is your memories are starting to come back'.

'But why now?'

Baekhyun bit his lip. 'I've been getting help from someone who used to be in Yongguk's group. They're taking an antidote to help get rid of the vampire virus. So I tried it on you. It seems to be working'.

'So you did drug me'. Daehyun glared at him.

'How else was I supposed to get you to take the antidote?'

Daehyun sighed. 'That was only one dose?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'Junhong is willing to give me more of it. I had to make sure it didn't kill you first'.

'What if it did?'

'Then I wouldn't be here now. I would of joined you'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun who had turned away from him. Daehyun felt warmth from Baekhyun's hand. He remembered it. Daehyun turned his hand so he could intertwine his fingers with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked at their hands surprised. 'Dae?'

But Daehyun didn't answer. He went back to looking around the room, taking everything in. He was remembering sneaking Baekhyun in there so they could spend time alone together.

Daehyun turned towards Baekhyun who was still looking at him surprised.

'You better go get some more of the antidote'. Daehyun said. 'I want to remember everything'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Of course. I'll do anything for you, Dae'.

Daehyun got closer to Baekhyun. He stared in his eyes. He saw how loving and concerned Baekhyun looked. He also saw how worried he was.

'You really love me don't you?' He asked.

Baekhyun nodded. 'You don't remember that you were the one to fall for me first?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'Well, kind of'.

Baekhyun slowly put his head on Daehyun's shoulder. 'I really wish you could remember'.

Daehyun did feel connected to Baekhyun. He moved away from Baekhyun so he could face him.

Baekhyun watched him, not knowing what to expect, then he suddenly felt Daehyun's lips on his. Baekhyun was surprised but didn't pull away. He put his arms around Daehyun's neck and kissed him back. He had missed being this close to Daehyun. He didn't care if he was kissing a vampire or not.

Daehyun was starting to remember Baekhyun's touch as he kept kissing him.

Baekhyun pulled away suddenly and stared at Daehyun. Even though he enjoyed what just happened between them, he had mixed emotions. He didn't have to worry about the boys killing Daehyun now. But he still had to worry about Suho accepting him and Daehyun together again. First he needed to get Daehyun more antidote. He didn't have enough left for a full dose.

 

​​