New start

Forbidden Love (Daebaek)

'Daehyun!' Mrs. Jung yelled as she opened the door to Daehyun's room, only to find him still asleep.

Daehyun moaned as he rolled over on his side.

'Get up!' Mrs. Jung shook Daehyun's shoulder. 'We don't have time to wait around for you'.

'I'm awake'. Daehyun started to sit up. He rubbed his face and looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was barely 7am.

Daehyun moaned again and started to roll over, but Mrs. Jung grabbed his arm and pulled him out of bed.

Daehyun landed on the floor with a loud thud.

'Was that really necessary?' Daehyun looked up at his mom.

'You need to get up, the moving van will be here any minute. Now get dressed'. She said as she left the room.

Daehyun got off the floor and grabbed the only clothes he had that hadn't been boxed up for the move. 

His father had gotten a promotion a few weeks ago that required him and his family to move. Daehyun wasn't excited about it, but there was nothing he could do.

Daehyun took a shower and went downstairs to eat before they had to leave.

 

The moving men showed up a few minutes later and Daehyun and his parents got in their car and started driving to their new home.

Daehyun looked out the window the whole way over there. His parents were busy talking but he couldn't hear them over the music he was listening to.

'Dae!' Mrs. Jung touched Daehyun's shoulder.

'Huh?' He looked over at his mom.

'We're here'. She said then walked over to help unload the car.

Daehyun sighed and got out of the car. He looked around and noticed there weren't many houses nearby.

'Why are we in the middle of nowhere?' Daehyun asked.

'It's not that bad'. Mr. Jung said as he handed Daehyun a box. 'We'll have some peace and quiet without all the city noises'.

'I thought we were moving to a bigger city'.

'It's just a few miles up the road. Besides it's not as secluded as you think'.

Daehyun sighed again and went inside carrying the box with him.

 

The house was bigger on the inside than it looked on the outside. Daehyun went upstairs and picked out his room and put the box down.

He looked out the window and saw a few houses nearby. He saw some people out in one of the yards. They looked to be around his age. 

He saw them look in his direction and he stepped away from the window. He didn't think he was close enough for them to see him.

Daehyun went back outside and kept helping his parents bring boxes and furniture inside the house.

 

As Daehyun was getting the last box out of the car, he turned around and saw a group of boys behind him. He jumped when he saw them and almost dropped the box.

'Sorry, didn't mean to scare you'. Said the tall boy in the middle. 'We saw the moving van and decided to investigate'.

The boys around him nodded.

Daehyun didn't know why, but he got a bad feeling from these boys. They looked like the bad boys everyone stayed away from.

Daehyun gave a small smile. 'Just moving in. Nothing to see here'. He looked at the house. 'I should get back inside. I still need to unpack'. He turned to walk back inside, but he felt someone grab his arm. 

He turned around in shock and saw who he guessed was the leader of the group. 'I know you're new here and don't know the rules, but this is our neighborhood so if you want to stay on our good side, you better not cause problems'.

Daehyun looked at them confused. 'I don't cause problems.'

'Make sure you don't, otherwise there will be hell to pay'. He said as he knocked the box out of Daehyun's hands. Daehyun watched the box as it fell on the ground.

Daehyun glared at the tall boy. But the boy just gave a sly smile. Daehyun didn't know why he was being picked on when he just got here.

The boy was getting ready to grab Daehyun when he heard another voice behind him.

'Leave him alone!'

Daehyun and the boy looked over at the owner of the voice. Daehyun saw another group of boys walking over to them. But this group had more boys.

'Get away from him Yongguk'. The leader of the other group said as he got closer to them.

'You again...' Yongguk glared at him. 'You need to mind your own business Suho'.

'I am minding my own business. You need to stop bullying every new person that moves into this neighborhood.' Suho got closer to Yongguk and Yongguk lost interest in Daehyun. All his anger was focused on Suho now.

'I know you think you and your group own this neighborhood, but you don't'.

'You don't own this neighborhood either'. Yongguk said.

'I know we don't. But we're trying to keep filth like you from bullying everyone that lives here'.

 

Daehyun slowly moved away from the fighting boys. He kept watching them hoping they would forget about him. 

The boys fought for awhile till Suho got Yongguk and his group to leave.

Daehyun hid behind his parent's car hoping the other boys would leave too, even though they helped him.

Daehyun heard Suho and his group walking around. He heard their footsteps get closer.

'There you are'. Suho smiled at Daehyun. Daehyun didn't know if he should move from his spot.

'We won't hurt you'. Suho said as he offered his hand to Daehyun.

Daehyun looked at him carefully and hesitated before he took Suho's hand. Suho helped Daehyun stand up.

'Are you ok?' Suho asked.

'Yeah...I think so'. Daehyun looked at him. 'Who were those guys?'

'Boys you should stay away from. They're not ones you should mess with'.

'Then why did you confront them?'

Suho smiled. 'We're not afraid of them. They know we won't put up with their crap'.

'Thanks for helping me'.

'You're welcome'. Suho kept smiling. 'What's your name?'

'Jung Daehyun'.

Suho nodded. 'I'm Suho, this is Xiumin, Kai, Chen, Sehun, Chanyeol, Lay, D.O and Baekhyun'. He said pointing at the other boys.

They smiled at each other. Daehyun looked at all the boys, but he found himself looking at Baekhyun the longest.

Baekhyun noticed Daehyun staring at him and moved away.

Daehyun bit his lip and looked back at Suho.

'Well, I guess we'll be going now'. Suho said. 'Well try and keep Yongguk's group away from you'.

'Thanks'.

The boys turned around and left. Daehyun watched them leave, but his eyes focused on Baekhyun the whole time.

Daehyun shook his head. He couldn't believe he was attracted to someone already. They just met. Baekhyun had seemed standoffish to him, so why was he finding himself attracted to him?

Daehyun sighed and went back inside the house. His parents were still unpacking boxes. Daehyun went up to his new room and layed down on the bed.

He layed there for awhile thinking about what had happened earlier. He thought about the two groups of boys. They seemed to know each other really well. It looked like they had been rivals for years.

Daehyun's thoughts turned to Baekhyun. Even though they didn't talk to each other, Daehyun was interested in him. He was hoping he'd get to know Baekhyun better later, if he saw him again.

 

Daehyun soon fell asleep. He liked not having to worry about all the city noises. It was easier to sleep. But he was woken up by a sound he didn't expect.

He heard howling outside his window. He figured it was just one of the neighbor's dogs. He covered his ears and tried to go back to sleep. But the howling continued, and started to get louder. 

Daehyun got out of his bed and looked out the window. It was too dark to see anything. He grabbed his flashlight and aimed it outside. He still didn't see anything.

He was about to turn the flashlight off when he saw movement from behind the tree. He aimed the flashlight at the tree and stood in shock when he saw a wolf standing next to the tree.

Daehyun was expecting the howling came from a dog, not a wolf. The wolf stood still and made eye contact with Daehyun. Daehyun was frozen in place.

Soon the wolf howled again and walked away.

Daehyun stood there for a few minutes before turning off his flashlight and falling back on his bed.

He couldn't believe he was so close to a wolf. He knew that if there was one, there would be more out there.