A Room With A View

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

an: guys just to let you know, this will not be a straightforward JisooX story. That was never my intention writing this story. The relationships in this story will flow and evolve between characters, so it will not simply be a JinSoo or NamSoo or any other pairing. I don't make things easy for my characters, I like to twist the knife and capsize the ship, so to speak. Hope you understand :) Hello new subbies and thanks for reading so far, everyone! Hope you're all well! HKG xx
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey!"

.....

"Hey!"

.....

"What's your problem, Namjoon?"

 

Jisoo folded her arms and frowned at her friend. He had been acting weirdly around her all week ever since she had started wearing human style clothes. Was he mad at her? Did he not like her clothing? Had she offended him in some way? He had kept his distance and his conversation to a minimum as he studied in the library the past few days. No one just changes like that for no reason, she reasoned. Well, if he was mad at her then she was going to be mad at him too! Why was her friend not talking to her? The only other person she had was Rose - she couldn't lose Namjoon as a friend. She didn't want to, she liked him too much.

"Did I do something wrong?" she asked.

Namjoon shook his head.

"Then, are you mad at me?"

Another shake.

"Then just tell me why you're being so weird around me! At least tell me and stop being so fickle!"

Namjoon closed his book and stood up, brushing past Jisoo to leave.

But she had caught his wrist.

He wouldn't be able to go far even if he tried his hardest.

Turning back to face her, he met her hurt expression with his indifferent one.

"Do... why don't you bite me?" she said with a sad smile, gathering her wavy hair and flipping it over one shoulder, bending her head to expose the skin. "Here, go ahead!"

 

Namjoon frowned at her, half glad and half disappointed. Jin had made the effort to take Jisoo out on dates all week - had he been that bloody unimpressive that Jisoo was still after his attention? Did she really think of him as a friend? Her heart was beating like crazy, he could hear that. She didn't want to be bitten at all... was she so desperate? Namjoon could feel his own heart beating faster, too. It was hard for him to behave like that around her when all he wanted to do was discuss some ideas with her, have debates and kiss her face off.

Well, he still hadn't achieved the latter but he had thought about it and came close to it on multiple occasions.

Reaching forward, Namjoon straightened her head back up.

"Just leave me alone." he sighed, pulling out of her grasp as it loosened and turning away once more.

"Namjoon!"

As he headed for the door, his hand was tugged again. His head whipped around at lightening speed and before he knew what he was doing, he pushed her back against the bookshelf, holding her small face in her hands, his lips against hers as he kissed her desperately. His partner, intellectually and in spirit, Jisoo. His muse of sorts, a total beauty hiding a totally ruthless princess underneath. He felt her hands grab on to his arms and then his waist tightly, just as desperately as he was. His heart was truly hammering in his chest, the culmination of weeks of torture having to endure being enticed by Jisoo in every way possible. 

'Here, have more of me.'

Breaking away from her, both of them were panting, her eyes shining as he ran a thumb over her soft skin. Her smile almost killed him right then and there.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have." Namjoon breathed, resting his forehead against hers as she shook her head.

 

"It's okay."

The pair jumped apart as a third voice entered the room. Namjoon rushed to speak first.

"Jin, I-"

"I just said it's fine." he repeated, before turning to Jisoo. "But... can I ask that after we marry to please give it an honest go with me? I've really enjoyed our time together this past while getting to know you. I need some dignity as a King"

Jisoo's eyes stayed glued to the floor and she nodded her head quickly.

Jin looked at his watch, and then to Namjoon before clasping his hand behind his back. Jisoo was still focused on the ground

"We agreed to a movie date. We ought to leave soon if we're going to make it. Meet me at the side gate in fifteen minutes."

With that, he turned and left the library, Jisoo and Namjoon standing in silence, neither of them quite sure about what to do. His attitude had changed, and all without telling either of them. Were they supposed to feel bad?  Surely it would not be right to expect that of someone when you told them the exact opposite not long ago. What was up with Jin? Namjoon guessed he must have thought more about their conversation, though he wished his cousin would at least have the courtesy to tell him when he changed his mind about something like that.

"He just told me the opposite not long ago." Jisoo mumbled.

"Jin is just like that. You should give it a go with him as he said."

"He's going to give up all of his lovers, then?" she scoffed.

"Probably he will. He might be last-minute, but he's fair. Most of the time. He can get jealous, just li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter