A Return To-

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo sat down in General Lee Joongi's quarters as assigned to him by Yoongi. He offered the Queen some tea, which she politely accepted. She had been having some issues getting back on the political horse, so to speak, and figured that she might need an intervention some time soon. She wouldn't need to get rid of Yoongi, no. She was so tired of running the show, but something had to change and it would be better to mull over her thoughts and plans with the man who helped her plan become reality. General Lee sat down opposite Jisoo at his large coffee table. He seemed to embrace the Revenet culture way more than she thought.

What man wouldn't?

It was totally a man's world.

Things were changing now the two countries had merged together and finally they had a name for the land:

'New Revenet'

People in the former Northern Territory would have had something to say about that, but they couldn't.

Not any more.

 

"Your Highness, may I ask what brings you here?" the older man asked, his narrow eyes smiling at her.

"In a moment. Were you thanked sufficiently for your work?" she asked, sipping from her tea as the General sat with a wine glass full of blood. "I'm sorry to ask after such a long time. We already established the nation almost two years ago. However, if you have any gripes with your rewards, then let me know."

"Your Highness, I am very satisfied with how things turned out and the victory was reward enough."

Jisoo raised an eyebrow.

"Please send Crown Prince Yunho to me when he is old enough and I shall teach him combat, Your Highness."

Jisoo said nothing, but her eyes were piercing through his. She did not look impressed. General Lee panicked internally for a moment, wondering if he had said something wrong or offended the Queen. The last thing he wanted to do was get in trouble with a tenacious woman like her. He wasn't scared of her by any means, though she had also never shot him a look like that before. It unnerved him.

After a moment, Jisoo let out a single laugh.

"Let's not talk of my son." she said, wholly unimpressed with his sudden mention.

"I apologise, Your Highness. I was wrong."

Jisoo raised her cup to drink, but smirked a his words.

"It seems as though you were supposed to be a Revenet." she said. "You looked down on us like we were street dogs before yet you slot in here perfectly."

"Your Highness, that is not true!"

"Which part?"

"Your Highness, I never looked down on Reve-"

"No need to lie, General."

"I am sorry if I have offended you, Your Highness, but-"

"Stop." she said, raising her palm elegantly. " Forget this. It is not important. Let me just be straight with you, then. I am here because I have been left out in the cold with regards to the political process."

"Your Highness?" General Lee frowned, leaning forward in his seat.

"It seems that King has been deliberately keeping me out of governance. I am being denied access to the court room when I try to attend. The King will not admit to it, I have yet to confront him about it. I do not want to end up in another conflict, so perhaps you can influence him. Name your price this time."

General Lee Joongi thought for a moment, weighing up his options and considering the Queen's offer. All he would have to do is convince the King to have his wife in court. They shared the same politics anyway, it wouldn't be such a big deal. On the other hand, this was not a battle he particularly wanted to fight. The glory of winning a war was the biggest motivating factor behind his agreement to take over Revenet, but what would he gain from this? Getting in between the royal couple once again. He didn't care enough this time. His men were well fed and happy and that was perfectly fine for him.

His decision was made.

General Lee slid off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter