Butterfly

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo glanced around her new quarters.

"Tomorrow we can set a date for the wedding." Jin explained. "I'll leave you to rest for now."

"Wait!" she said.

Jin turned back, his expression polite. He nodded his head to indicate she could talk.

"How about the King?"

"Oh. You can meet my mother, the Queen Regnant, tomorrow."

"Queen Regnant? How about the King?"

"There is no King, Jisoo." Jin frowned. "My father is the Prince of Avon."

He watched as the cogs turned in her head and she struggled to piece together this family dynamic.

"So... your mother became the Queen by herself?"

"That's correct."

"How can..." Jisoo mumbled to herself.

"You know." he began, sauntering over to her. "For someone who mocked me for not knowing much about your country, you seem to have no idea about mine either."

Jisoo waved her hand.

Why was he still standing there?

"What is this?" Jin asked, mimicking her gesture. "Ah! I saw you do this to your guards at our first meeting. You want me to go away?"

"Please."

"Then you have to ask."

There she went, squirming again. She was so far out of her comfort zone and Jin was loving it. He glanced again at her clothing. How embarassing. She needed something more current.

"...Please!" she managed, her eyes firmly on the floor again.

"Are you just not used to talking to Vampires or you don't know how to ask a question?"

Jin folded his arms and waited, staring at Jisoo. ing hell, she was gorgeous. Normally he went for the older ladies, so when he found out his wife was going to be three years younger than him, he was slightly dismayed. But he was already having a lot of fun. Her lips were so cute, he just wanted to bend down and kiss them. But he would wait. For the moment he was more curious about the culture she had come from and why it was so difficult for her to understand what was going on in his family. Truthfully, he hadn't picked up a book in years, it was his cousin, Namjoon, who loved to study.

"Do you mind leaving? I would like to rest." she said finally, her voice soft and shy.

Where was the girl who was strangling her ex-lover earlier? Where had she gone?

"Not at all. Please rest well. I'll se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter