A Time To Change

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Quick thank you to those of you who upvoted my story 3 times even though I have only 200 views and thanks for your comments too - hello to all my new subscribers! I just wanted to say that I don't have a strict upload schedule. However, I will try to update a couple of times a week. I hope you enjoy the story! HKG xx

______________________________________________________________________


"Are you sure? Is it safe? Won't people become too excited?"

"Don't worry. Just remind yourself this isn't Revenet. Don't be disappointed that my people won't fall at your feet."

For the first time in a month, Jisoo had left the palace grounds.

Jin had insisted that they go together to finally buy her some new clothes so she could stop wearing those heavy robes all the time. Honestly, he was curious. The Vampires had been in communication with the human world for centuries - many of them chose to live amongst the humans too. Revenet, however, had an isolationist policy. People were neither to leave nor come in. It was a mess of red-tape to get through even for Jin and that was an official state visit. But Jisoo had lived amongst the humans for over a year in Earth time, and even longer in theirs. Around three years had passed since she left before returning. It really was escalating to an international incident but she returned before then and now she was preparing to marry Jin so it was all good. Even if the Northern Territory was seen as the aggressor state, they only did so as a strategy to negotiate more favourable trade deals. They were, without doubt, a far bigger country and more powerful with more powerful allies than Revenet. A small peninsula in the south of the country crossed into a sea that ran between the two countries that was full of resources that the Northern Territory wanted. The problem was that both countries claimed the sea to be theirs upon the very recent discovery of valuable natural minerals and oils under the sea bed. They were on a diplomatic truce for the mean time.

Revenet, despite being much smaller, was still to be feared. Their history of successful military defenses against invasions from armies much larger than theirs, coupled with their advantage of being able to use magic in war, meant they were a fierce opponent. However, since they had not been involved in any conflict for over a century, adopting the isolationist policy, they had very few relations with other countries. Neither they nor outside nations had any clue about the military capabilities of the other, and so it would not be to the advantage of either Revenet or any other country to assume they would be successful.

It was rather tense, but there was a sense of calm now that Jisoo had arrived.

For now.


"What colour do you like to wear?" Jin asked as they wandered around a department store.

"I'm not sure. But these are cute." she said, pointing towards a mannequin with dark denim booty shorts. "I want these."

Jin raised an eyebrow. Weren't they a bit revealing? "It's my cash you're spending. Shouldn't I have a say? You'll be my wife after all. I don't want others to ogle you like you're a piece of meat." he said, haughtily raising his chin.

"You already said you'll be sleeping around." Jisoo countered, totally deadpan. "And my dresses didn't stop your cousin from jumping me. These won't make a difference. Also that's not your money, it's the taxpayers."

Jin's eyes widened, chin still in the air as he gave her a side glance.

"Fine." he said.

Damn it.


Jisoo left the department store in her newly bought super-skinny jeans, the type that were very soft and stretchy and fit like a glove, new sneakers from a brand she had seen in the human world, Nike, a pair of sunglasses, a cute turtle neck top with flared sleeves and a pink pea-coat from an expensive store. The rest of her purchases were from a mish-mash of other stores.

Jin had silently been judging her the entire time he followed her around the store.

Sure, she deserved to buy whatever she wanted after the hell she had been through, but still.

When s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter