The Crown Returns

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"All rise for Crown Princess Kim Jisoo!" the crier bellowed, knocking the staff against the solid wood floors as Jisoo entered, closely followed by Baekhyun and another guard, Yixing.

The vibrant red and gold of her robe, the sleeves of which trailed slightly along the floor, caught the attention of everyone and the colours brought out her complexion, making her glow. A long , fur-trimmed hooded cape sat around her shoulders, held together in the centre by a large jewel encrusted pin. An equally ornate diamond headdress adorned her hair - two medium size pieces that somewhat resembled the shapes of crowns sat equidistant on either side of her head, having their own decorations dangling from the outermost point. The crown shaped pieces were joined together by chains that draped across her forehead and were held in place with flat ornate hair slides. Her long earrings completed the look, as did her make-up.

Jisoo nodded to the people standing shoulder to shoulder on her right, who had joined them from The Citadel, the capital city of the biggest Vampire country - the Northern Territory. Her eyes connected with those of the Crown Prince, who stood waiting for her at the other end of the room, dressed in the garb of his own country. A black military coat with a high collar, dark silver embellishments around the collar and shoulders. It was simple. His hair was cut into a neat style, framing his face well and showing off his regal features.

Her parents waited ahead, whom she greeted first, carefully bending down in her dress. "Your only daughter kneels before you."

Her father gave her a warm smile, urging her to greet the visitors, the first in her line of sight being the Crown Prince's adviser.

 

"Jisoo, is it?" the adviser began, making everyone's jaw drop, save for the Crown Prince's.

Jisoo turned her back against them and folded her arms, gob-smacked that the first words out of the mouth of one of those Vampires was so insulting. In the heat of the moment, the royal court - Jisoo's extended family as well as royal advisers - began protesting loudly, Baekhyun and Yixing thundering forward, the guards blocking off the room exits. That was until the King, angered and having to restrain his wife from personally beating the ignorant fool, but also knowing how important it was that this go over as smoothly as possible, motioned to the crier who settled the din with a few bellowed words. After she took a moment to calm down, she turned back around, a simple wave of her hand sending Baekhyun and Yixing back to their rightful places behind her.

"Be th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter