What Comes Next?

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo and Jin, after a rather awkward meeting with his mother and father, decided upon a date for the wedding, two months from the day. His parents could see how scared she was, she could barely speak in front of them, only giving a few words here and there. They couldn't imagine what she was feeling, given what she had been through in the past week. Her whole world, everything she valued and trusted had turned its back on her, selling her over to the enemy, who she was also afraid of due to their immediate acceptance of her. They suggested she spend some time in the library and read up on something to help her relax. She agreed.

Jin led her towards the library in the eastern wing of the palace, servants passing by only giving a slight nod of acknowledgement. In Revenet, the staff bowed fully, and commoners kowtowed as soon as the King or other royals entered the city. She shook her head and went with it. She wasn't so sure why she was experiencing so much culture shock. There was just too much suspicion and fear in her heart for her to relax at all. Jin's parents were lovely people, but she had absolutely no clue how to properly address them. They seemed taken aback enough by her kneeling, and while they spoke casually to each other, their language was much more like that of humans, she was so uncomfortable. She couldn't help feeling rude if she didn't use their full title, but Jin didn't use it, nor did any of the servants.

"We need to get you some new clothes." Jin commented.

"Okay."

Jin stopped and turned, raising an eyebrow at her. "Okay? The lady doth not protest?"

"Vampires dress just like humans do. I lived there before, so I can wear that clothing. It's comfortable."

Jin smiled. Her face seemed to brighten up when mentioning the human world.

"Do you need anything..., uh, else?"

"What else?"

"For under your clothes?"

"Under my clothes?" Jisoo thought for a moment. "Ah! You mean bras and ?"

Jin flushed a little. "Yes."

"Actually, I do need them. We don't use them in Revenet."

The Crown Prince blinked rapidly for a moment.

"So... you're, you're not... right now?"

Jisoo nodded.

Jin took a deep breath and continued leading the way.

He left her alone in the library and said he would be back in a while. She wore pink and white robes that day, and because she was unable to do her hair like her servants did, simply left it loose, sliding a single pin to hold back front pieces of hair from her face. She almost couldn't bring herself to wear the clothing, but she had no other choice. She spent a while scouring the shelves for something involving what happened if a Demon was bitten b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter