Who Are You?

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

an: I have finally fxxking finished planning this story out. Hopefully I can update more regularly now. As always thanks for all your support, comments, votes and hello new subscribers :)
__________________________________________________________________________________

Jisoo looked over at her husband who was still sleeping in his bed. She had him taken to the Crown Prince's room, much more extravagant than his room back in the Northern Territory and much more comfortable, too. The palace doctor had tended to him for the past few days, monitoring his condition and ultimately deciding that Jin would - physically - be just fine.

"I can't guarantee that he will be mentally okay right away, Your Highness." he admitted, flicking his wrist to let his white robe sleeve up. "But after some time and some help, he will be okay. What did Your Highness do, may I ask?"

Haughtily, Jisoo sighed, picking at her nails before turning her attention to Jin.

"I manipulated him."

The doctor raised his eyebrows. "How long for, Your Highness?"

"I don't know... maybe six weeks, or two months? It was damn tiring having to stay up all night and day to make sure I could do it properly."

"I beg your forgiveness, Your Highness, but manipulation need not be used to such an extent. Usually planting the seed of thought with occasional reinforcement is more than enough to let an idea, your will, to foster itself."

Jisoo looked up at the doctor, a frown on her expression. How was she supposed to know that? How could it possibly be worse just because she did it all the time, wasn't the important thing the fact the idea took hold rather than the length of time it took to make it stick? She couldn't see what damage she could've done just by doing it that way.

"What difference does it make?" she scoffed.

"If I may, Your Highness, the prolonged exposure to manipulation simply results in control over the other person."

"That is the point."

"Well, the intended purpose of manipulation was to simply be able to sow seeds in the minds of others without them being aware-"

"If I just wanted that then I could've convinced him myself without using any magic! I had to do what I had to do because he had strong moral stances against what I manipulated him into doing!"

"Your Highness, I understand. However, the damage may be irreparable."

"How?"

"Your Highness, he's been manipulated for so long that - now he's aware of what happened to him - he may not know or trust his thoughts to be his own. There's a chance that he might develop a paranoia as a result

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter