Expose

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo watched Yoongi as he made his way around the room. He was hiding something from her - and she knew what it was. At least, her suspicions had been building more quickly than before. There were hints here and there that she noticed a long time ago but ultimately dismissed and forgot about. It seemed, however, that he was getting lazy about covering up his behaviour.

He was just a bit too comfortable operating his way around the predominantly Revenet side of things.

She noticed when they made love together, she couldn't move him effortlessly as she could Jin or Namjoon.

His eyes did nothing.

She never saw him eat or drink anything.

He seemed to know exactly how to greet her and other people around the palace.

He wasn't a Vampire.

Catching his gaze snapped her out of her thoughts. He looked over at her and after a moment gave her a small smile, nodding his head and continuing going about getting ready for the day. Jisoo was already prepared.

 

"Who are you?" she asked quietly.

Yoongi slapped lotion on his face and paused. Well. She had to find out sooner or later. Straightening himself, he saw Jisoo had already stood up, a look of suspicion on her face. Yoongi approached her without any hesitation. She knew, he could tell, she wasn't dumb. How much she knew, he didn't know. He was sure she would be okay with the truth and he figured that it may be time to tip the balance of power to make it just a little more equal between them.

"I'm Min Yoongi, Your Highness." he replied simply.

"Of where?"

"Of Gaoshan."

Jisoo's eyes narrowed at him. So. He was a Demon after all.

"Gaoshan?" she repeated, now racking her brains for more information. His appearance, his personal conduct, everything about him fit exactly in with political life in Guorun Palace. There was a noble family who presided over Gaoshan a long time ago.

"Yes, that family." Yoongi said, letting out a bitter laugh.

Jisoo lowered her eyes. She couldn't remember anything of that family, she was too young at the time. She had many questions for him, but wasn't sure where to start. So she picked the lightest question first.

"How are you and I related?"

"We're second cousins."

"What happened to your family?"

"You're too young to remember. I was ten at the time when your father had us exiled to the edges of Revenet and then eventually into the Northern Territory. My parents ended up as servant staff at the Northern Territory Palace."

"Why were you exiled?"

"My father wasn't happy when yours demanded my mother for his entertainment. The King was too embarrassed, so he exiled all of us."

"Just for that?"

"You should know more than most."

Jisoo suddenly found herself trapped between Yoongi and the wall behind her. She hadn't even noticed that they were moving until her back hit the panel. She couldn't help but smile to spite herself. All this time she had no idea, thinking he was just a loyal aide to the Royal Family. But he was once part of a Royal Family too, and he was thrown away, just as she was. Still, her heart was hammering in her chest, unsure how to respond to this news.

"What is it that you want?" she asked, her breath now shaky.

"Oh, I think you know that, Your Highness." he smirked, leaning in closer t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter