Only Fools Fall For You

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo sat opposite Namjoon at the breakfast table in her bedroom. They had agreed to eat breakfast together, rather, Jisoo would eat breakfast and he would drink a mug of fresh blood. She studied his handsome face, wondering what was going on in his brain. She could easily read his mind but didn't want to. She respected him too much to do that to him, the same for Yoongi and Jin, however much of a train wreck he was turning out to be. It appeared that Jin had somehow ended his relationship with master Jung Hoseok, or they were fighting, for he had been requesting her to return to his bedroom for the past week. She had gone twice to shut him up.

"What are you thinking about?" Namjoon asked, his voice still gravelly with the morning.

"Nothing much, just..." she began, sipping from her coffee. "I have something important to discuss with you later, there's no time right now, but let's talk after morning court."

"Will you finally let me in on what it is you're sneaking around for?"

Jisoo simply smiled and nodded at him, quickly finishing her coffee and throwing a shawl around her bare shoulders to make her dress more modest. She felt Namjoon's arms slink around her waist, his chin resting on her shoulder. His hands travelled to her flat stomach and he smiled, thinking that one day his future son or daughter might be in there.

"One day, my child will be in here, resting safely." he murmured, and Jisoo couldn't help but grin.

Hopefully by that time, there would be no tension in the palace. Maybe Jin would have grown into his role as King by then. Or maybe he would be deposed, he had no clue. All he could think about was living with Jisoo without any drama.

But he knew that would never happen in this lifetime.

 

"The people in our southernmost province would like to start drilling in the peninsula sea for minerals and oils. It would help revive our struggling economy down there and it would bring more business and jobs. We'd like to ask your permission to start the process-"

"Go ahead." King Seokjin interjected, browsing over his notes, trying to ignore the hundred faces staring at him in disbelief.

Silence fell upon the room as the Ministers and Representatives started wondering what had happened to the King. Never had he been able to, never mind so quick, to make a politically risky decision.

"Your Highness," Min Yoongi began, "Perhaps you should not be so hasty. There are many things to consider here."

"But you can go ahead." Jin repeated to the Representative.

There.

He made a tough decision.

Now no one could say he wasn't capable.

"Your Highness, Queen Jisoo. Do I also have your permission?"

Jisoo looked over to Jin, who was still busily considering the next case, though judging by his white-knuckle grip on his pen, he wasn't happy. Her eyes travelled to Namjoon, who stood aside from Jin and then over to Yoongi. After a second, she realised the whole room was looking at her with an unnerving amount of expectation. Jin would go berserk again if she undermined him. She did agree with his decision for once, but she felt - as always - he hadn't fully thought through the consequences.

"You do." Jisoo smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter