Jewels

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin's heart couldn't stop beating rapidly as he dressed, in full royal garb, to take over the throne from his parents.

King Seokjin, ruler of the Northern Territory.

He took a deep breath as he looked at himself in the mirror, trying to mentally prepare for the responsibility that lay ahead of him. He suddenly regretted not taking more of an interest in politics. The Northern Territory had never established a democratically elected leader and so the King bore sole responsibility for decision making. In that sense, they were no different from Revenet. Jin let out a laugh in spite of himself. He had previously genuinely believed that his people were better and more advanced than those in Revenet with their backward ways.

The Northern Territory was no different.

They didn't even have elections to brag about. Vampires were more technologically advanced and culturally similar to the human world, but did that mean they were better? Such questions would never have entered his head were his wife not a Demon. He suddenly wondered if she was okay. It had taken him a good while to figure out why she was mad at him for the past couple days. He had tried his best to sleep with her again to prove that he wouldn't pass out, but apparently that wasn't helping things. Jisoo didn't seem to be in the mood when she was mad, so he decided he had two options: bend over backwards to accommodate Jisoo and therefore she wouldn't get mad at him and therefore more y time. Or, he could assume his role as a benevolent but tough ruler and Jisoo might find his domineering side attractive and therefore more y time. He wasn't sure how to appease her in the meantime, though she seemed to be softening up again in light of the coronation, maybe she would come round on her own.

 

"Your Highness!" Hoseok called, careering through the dressing room door, wiping sweat from his brow. "It's time!"

Jin met his eyes through the mirror and smiled at him, his robes shining brightly against his skin. The assistant helped him from the podium and placed the golden imperial mantle on his shoulders. It was very heavy silk - a piece of ceremonial dress that had been passed down for around six generations of rule. Jisoo was to become a Queen, rather than remain a princess, given that she should have inherited the throne in Revenet, it was only right that she become their Queen. It was a middle-finger gesture to Revenet. 'See? We treat your own people more equally than you do.' Jin would still be King - the throne would not be compromised in any way.

Following Hoseok through the door, guards and servants who were waiting outside for the Crown Prince got into a formation and scurried behind. It felt odd having so many people at his service. He wanted to tell them to go to away and back to their own work, but reminded himself it was only for the day. At the same time, it did make him feel a little more important. He wondered if that's how Jisoo felt wandering around the Guorun palace every day with her guards and servants behind her. Probably not, she would probably feel more at ease with them than without them. Jin smiled a little, hoping that she would feel better after today and the coronation ceremony. If she wished, she could even have some ladies in waiting to follow her around after becoming Queen.

It might look a little out of place, though?

Jin cocked his head to the side as he thought over, wondering if she would be hopelessly bored as Queen.

He wasn't dumb, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter