I Miss Me

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose looked at Jisoo as she sat with her head down on the kitchen table. She was to marry Jin the following morning and was hiding from the palace staff who were trying to confirm last minute hair and makeup styles. She didn't care any more. Sure, she and Jin were getting along better than they were before - he had actually opened up to her and showed her some of his interests, which included watching reality TV, collecting pink things, flower arranging and going out on to the lake in a boat. Jisoo was less than impressed. With the way he was so fascinated with how her ex-lover was killed she thought he would've at least had some kind of morbid hobby, like dog fighting or taxidermy.

But no, he was a total bore.

She was a bit disappointed that this was the man she was going to marry.

Jisoo had tried to introduce him to her own interests: political theory and history, her views on which she shared with Namjoon, philosophy (a select few philosophers did she like, she didn't have the patience to wrap her head around all of them) which she liked to fiercely debate with Namjoon and other ordinary things like photography and watching dramas. She thought Jin would like to be part of her photography hobby and might enjoy taking photos himself since he was so focused on aesthetics. She was wrong.

How was she supposed to endure the rest of her life married to a man who, while undeniably good looking, was largely incompatible with her? It wasn't that they disliked each others hobbies, they were both just painfully aware that they were trying in vain to be interested in what the other liked. They were polite and civil and kind to each other, but for some reason the spark just wasn't there between them. She was hoping it would all change on their wedding night when they would finally sleep together - sometimes feelings only grew after the physical stuff happened.

She was hoping.

 

"Is something wrong, Crown Princess?" Rose asked, handing her another cup of lemon tea.

"Don't you miss magic?" Jisoo mumbled, the thought of becoming ordinary sending her into depression once more.

"Well, I had to give it up anyway, your highness. I surrendered my necklace upon entering here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter