Those Who Love You Get Hurt (But I Won't Back Down)

Dynasty: The Good and the Great
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo couldn't quite believe it - everything had gone exactly according to Yoongi's plan. Jin was persuaded by everyone to abdicate and focus on recovering, which he did willingly, as though he couldn't wait to get out of his role as King. The people of the former Northern Territory needed some education on why Jisoo was remaining, and learned that it was perfectly acceptable for the Queen to bear the child of the King, regardless of who he was. Luckily, they were a progressively minded bunch of people and it didn't take much convincing to win them over. There was a quick divorce between Seokjin and Jisoo and a swift private marriage between Jisoo and Yoongi. The week after, he was crowned King and officially became the highest ranking person in the land. King Min Yoongi had been impressing people for the past four months with his very humble plea to the people to accept him as King. Everyone knew they didn't have a choice anyway and ought to celebrate and support the King lest they wanted to be punished. The handover had gone over smoothly and with much understanding from the people, and so the King and Queen found themselves in the prime position.

How lucky they were.

 

King Yoongi returned to his shared room with the Queen, who was busy looking inside the small crib on the floor. She smiled as she greeted him and turned her attention back to their first child. A healthy and chubby boy, Crown Prince Yunho was two months old. Jisoo cooed over at him as his nanny and wet nurse waited outside. Yoongi almost physically felt his heart warm up at the sight, his wife and son happily together. He would have to go back to his nanny soon, but he could see Jisoo was enjoying her time with him. He sauntered over and sat down on the floor beside them, gazing at Jisoo for a moment, pressing a kiss to her cheek and her hair.

"You should be resting,  darling."

Jisoo made a face at the pet name.

"Not that one either?" he asked.

"No. I like it." she smiled.

"You went through such hardship to give me this healthy and happy son. Your body suffered a lot, I want you to rest as much as possible now so you can recover properly and more quickly."

"I think you just miss having your way with me, Your Highness." she laughed.

Yoongi raised his eyebrows and considered for a second before nodding. "That too! But I'll wait for you."

 

To Jisoo's surprise, Yoongi had chosen to not take another wife. It was perfectly ordinary practice amongst Revenet Kings and noble families in the area, so she wondered what was stopping him. She had almost encouraged him when she was pregnant to sleep with other women, but he refused. As soon as his duties for the day were done, he would come straight to her. She never expected him to be such the gentleman he was, treating her with such care as her belly became bigger each week and reading up as much as he could on what was best for her.

Jisoo watched him as he lifted their son up. He had his father's eyes, they could see that already. Lying down on the floor, Yoongi held his child against his warm chest. He had never experienced love like that in his life and seeing Jisoo go through all of that for him, staying by his side through everything and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter